Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
MrTibbs said:
For those who want to know what Vikings fans are saying here are some links.

Good one...

www.purplepride.org/index...Itemid=149

Sister site...

mb30.scout.com/bvikingupdate

Here's a good one found by BlazeOrangeMidwestHawk...

rubechat.kfan.com/forums/...GroupID=10

Here's a new one I found...Not too bad...

www.footballsfuture.com/p...m.php?f=24

ESPN board...

boards.espn.go.com/boards...nfl&id=min

Not so good...

vikingsmessageboard.com/

Thanks Tibbs,I may go check that out..

Purple pride.. that sounds just wrong:D

Patriots4Ever said:
Thanks Tibbs,I may go check that out..

Hey, Patriots4Ever, I love your sig. The one surprising stat for me was that Tom Brady has 165 sacks! Wow, he must sneak in off the edge a lot. :D

(Yes, I know what you really meant...)

Thanks for the links. I was kinda surprised that the general consensus on Vikes fan boards was that the teams are even or the Vikes might even be better (one site's "pick the winner" thread had only one guy pick the Pats out of something like 20 posts, and his was admittedly trying to jinx the Pats). I guess a team with the same general core and coach that won 3 of the last 5 championships just doesn't concern people. That or they're just all stupid.

it seemed like the vikings fans are using the pats as a benchmark as to legitimize how good they are and if they get past the pats with a win they're on their way to the playoffs with the only tough game left being chicago.

i just can't way to see the matchup of linemen on both sides of the ball. and what about maroney playing on turf? buffalo is turf right? so is this his 2nd game on turf?

The line on this game is all over the place on covers.com

The Pats opened at -3,which I thought was too high for a road favorite.

Money has come in on Minn making the line,now -1 to -2.

I expect this line to settle at Even or Pats giving -1/2 to -1.

The over/under is 38.5 and even though the Pats are usually under,
I would go Over,because it's in a Dome and Brady does very well in this venue.

To be honest I think this game against the Vikings is a true test of how good the Patriots really are. They have only played 2 playoff caliber teams and are 1-1 in those contests. The rest of their opponents have been less then average teams. On Monday night the Patriots will be playing a possible playoff team who beat the Seahawks and should have beat the Bears IN Minnesota on Monday Night Football. It's going to be very interesting in regards to how the Patriots respond.

To me this game will be a great measuring stick as Vikings fans have been saying. I totaly agree with them.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Thanks for the links. I was kinda surprised that the general consensus on Vikes fan boards was that the teams are even or the Vikes might even be better (one site's "pick the winner" thread had only one guy pick the Pats out of something like 20 posts, and his was admittedly trying to jinx the Pats). I guess a team with the same general core and coach that won 3 of the last 5 championships just doesn't concern people. That or they're just all stupid.

Fans will be fans. I have visited many team message boards over the years and i don't think I have ever seen a "pick the winner" thread where the vast majority of fans did not pick there own team.

I have all the respect in the world for the Patriots but at home on MNF I do like the Vikes chances.

Minnesota Mike said:
Fans will be fans. I have visited many team message boards over the years and i don't think I have ever seen a "pick the winner" thread where the vast majority of fans did not pick there own team.

I have all the respect in the world for the Patriots but at home on MNF I do like the Vikes chances.

mike just for my own curiosity which vikes fan board would you recommend us checkin out during hte following week?

Minnesota Mike said:

Looking back on it I might just be unaccustomed to an overly positive fan base. When the Patriots have played quality teams this year there is obviously a majority that expects them to win, but it is tempered by quite a few people who think the Pats will lose. And so far this year those people are 1-1.

Btw, you might not want to get too excited by the game being at home. Brady loves playing on turf.

Someone should inform those morons over there that Roman P, Mallard, Chapman, and Gorin are not on the Patriots team.:eek:

The Patriots play the NFC NORTH this year.

Heres where I come from...and this will be helpful to you all in weeks 11, when you play the Packers(kill them please!)...week 12, against Chicago...and week 13, against the Lions.

http://nfcnorth.proboards99.com/

Good Luck!!
Packers and Lions should be a cake walk...Chicago is the one that you need to worry about.;)

www.NFCNORTH.net

Welcome to the board, Sackme. What is the green/red thermometer below each member's avatar on your board displaying? Not seen that on a board before.

bishbash said:
Welcome to the board, Sackme. What is the green/red thermometer below each member's avatar on your board displaying? Not seen that on a board before.

It's a Karma meter...I guess.
Basically, GREEN is good...and RED is bad.
Every time somebody likes you or your post, they give a positive, or "1st down".
...and when they dislike you, they "sack' you.

It's actually a rough forum because you have 4 teams that generally hate each other, so you get quite a few "Sacks".

Ah yes, Sackme, this forum has similar, but its just a little box below your # of posts and if you cursor over it there are different cryptic messages depending on many variables that have been discussed here, but many are confused by. I could see how most folks would end up w/ a bad rating on your 4 team brawl-board. I see you are a moderator/admin. on that board, I guess it works somehow.

There seems to be a certain level of respect for da Bears around here, but many feel their record reflects weak opponents/schedule. The Arizona game exposed a lot! Your take?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye