PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings game is the PIVOTAL game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pivotal because Brady needs to win this game to keep his home regular-season streak intact to pass Lord Favre.

but their schedule isnt packed in the middle with the same degree of difficulty i believe. they play pitt towards the end when who knows how much it will mean to them. They play the thanksgiving game at home compared to pats on the road after the indy game . They play clev and detriot back to back. whereas the pats play minn before and pitt after cleveland which by no means is a gimme.

Couple of things to consider:

- Jets have to travel to NE, where their "grabby" DBs get more attention from the officials
- After the Lions game in 2 weeks, the Jets have 8 straight games outdoors in cold weather sites. Sanchez has only played in 5 games under 50 degress (possibly in his life since he rarely left California as an amateur). Here are his stats:

BUF...10-29, 119, 0 TD, 5 INT (44 degrees with 18 MPH wind)
at NE...8-21, 136, 1 TD, 4 INT (45 degrees with 10 MPH wind)
ATL...18-32, 226, 1 TD, 3 INT (29 degrees with 20 MPH gusts)
CIN...8-16, 63, 0 TD, 0 INT (20 degrees with 20 MPH wind)
at CIN...12-15, 182, 1 TD, 0 INT (21 degrees with 11 MPH wind)

1 good game, 1 nothing game (Cincy wasn't trying) and 3 disasters. I wouldn't make the assumption that Sanchez won't have his passer rating fall like the temperature.

Except it's not the topic. I never argued it's the most important game. I said it's pivotal. Depending on the result of this game, the season turns. That doesn't make it more important than the Jets or the Phins game. All it means is that with a 6-1 record and games against Cleveland, the Bills, Bears, Browns, Lions, the Patriots have an excellent chance of getting to 11 wins, thereby taking a bit of tension out of the Jets, Phins, Steelers, Colts matchups. A win over Minnesota plus a split with the tough teams = 13-3.

That's why it's pivotal.

I'm highlighting Minnesota because I clearly feel they are a much better team than most of the people in this thread. Favre can be counted on to throw interceptions, but what if he doesn't?

You don't seem to understand what pivotal really means. Pivotal means something of vital importance.

If the Pats lose the Vikings game, is it pivotal? Absolutely not. It is one game out of 16 and doesn't affect their seeding in the AFC at all.

An example of a pivotal game would be Pats vs Steelers, who are currently tied with the Pats for the #1 overall record or Pats vs Jets that could determine the winner of the AFCE.

Your definition of pivotal doesn't make sense because it's not the common sense meaning of the word - a pivotal game is an important game, upon which the entire season could depend. The Vikings game is NOT one such game.

Would it be nice to beat the Vikings? Of course. Is a lot riding on it? Nope, not in the big scheme of things.

Last edited:
Just saw a stat on TSN (it's the Canadian ESPN) that the Vikings have lost 7 straight road games. Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back