PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings game is the PIVOTAL game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got it wrong. Favre wins whenever the Pats want him to lose and loses whenever we want him to win. Saying this game isn't as important as others then increase the chances of the Pats winning by this logic.

Touche!... I hope we lose?

Next 6 games should all be though.

Minny - Desperate for a W. But, they have some weapons. Need Favre to screw up.
Which he has a penchant for doing.

at Cleve - Mangini did a good job of keeping Jets in the games when they shouldn't have been against us. I'm thinking win at Foxboro in 06 and late in 07. Played us tough.

at Pitt - Just don't see how we can block em.

Indy - Yikes. We just need to beat those guys. But, they still have 18.

at Det - Turkey Day. Short week. I believe Brady made his debut there in 00. Wasn't very pretty. He will probably torch their secondary. But, we will have trouble stopping them too.

NYJ - Fat Bastard comes to Foxboro. Nuff said.

If we go 4-2 with one of those W's against the Jets. Color me happy.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm saying. A win against Minnesota sets the rest of the schedule well. It means we can afford a loss to the Steelers.

In any case back to the topic. The Vikings game is NOT the most important game for us to win.

Except it's not the topic. I never argued it's the most important game. I said it's pivotal. Depending on the result of this game, the season turns. That doesn't make it more important than the Jets or the Phins game. All it means is that with a 6-1 record and games against Cleveland, the Bills, Bears, Browns, Lions, the Patriots have an excellent chance of getting to 11 wins, thereby taking a bit of tension out of the Jets, Phins, Steelers, Colts matchups. A win over Minnesota plus a split with the tough teams = 13-3.

That's why it's pivotal.

I'm highlighting Minnesota because I clearly feel they are a much better team than most of the people in this thread. Favre can be counted on to throw interceptions, but what if he doesn't?

Iam worried more about the cleveland game considering mangini knows much about our team and its on the road. That aside ,compare our next 3 games to the jets

Minn
@clev
@pitt

jets
GB
@DET
@clev

even though we play roughly the same opponets...the jets schedule is spaced out well with so called mediocre teams. So the pats really have to win the next two to keep pace .And the jets dont play indy but houston which has no defense.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm saying. A win against Minnesota sets the rest of the schedule well It means we can afford a loss to the Steelers.

I would rather lose to the Vikings than the Steelers. Steelers loss mean a heck of a lot more than a Vikings loss.

If you read original post you wouldn't be confused. I said he will probably torch them. I mentioned he played against them in 00. And, it wasn't pretty. That's it. You jumped to the conclusion that was evidence for continued struggle. Jeez...
I did read the original post. Perhaps my response was a bit of a reach, but no more than including that comment about the '00 game as part of a reason that the game in Detroit will be difficult. And if you didn't think that game has any bearing, then why mention it in a comment outlining reasons why that game (along with five others) will be hard for the Pats?

Next 6 games should all be though.

at Det - Turkey Day. Short week. I believe Brady made his debut there in 00. Wasn't very pretty. He will probably torch their secondary. But, we will have trouble stopping them too.

Did you even read my post? They already played Minnesota. They avoided the Chargers and the Colts. That's 3 teams they avoid for the rest of the season. They are ALREADY 5-1. The Patriots have yet to play Minnesota and the Colts. That means are schedule TO COME is more difficult.
Here's the difference in the schedule thus far:
- Jets beat the 2-4 Vikings; Pats beat the 2-4 Bengals
- Jets lost to the Ravens; Pats beat the Ravens
- Jets beat the Pats

The Jets avoiding the Chargers is irrelevant because (a) the Pats beat San Diego, and (b) the Pats and Jets have already played the one team from the AFCW they will play this year, with the same result as the Pats: a win.

As far as avoiding the Colts goes, due to Indy's injuries it is starting to look like there is little difference between having to face them or play Houston.

Looking ahead to the rest of the season, here is the difference in opponents:
Jets: 2-4 Bengals, 4-2 Texans
Pats: 2-4 Vikings, 4-2 Colts

Would I rather play the Bengals and Texans than the Vikings and Colts? Sure, but the difference is so minimal that it's not enough to say that their schedule is easier than the Pats is, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Here's the difference in the schedule thus far:
- Jets beat the 2-4 Vikings; Pats beat the 2-4 Bengals
- Jets lost to the Ravens; Pats beat the Ravens
- Jets beat the Pats

The Jets avoiding the Chargers is irrelevant because (a) the Pats beat San Diego, and (b) the Pats and Jets have already played the one team from the AFCW they will play this year, with the same result as the Pats: a win.

As far as avoiding the Colts goes, due to Indy's injuries it is starting to look like there is little difference between having to face them or play Houston.

Looking ahead to the rest of the season, here is the difference in opponents:
Jets: 2-4 Bengals, 4-2 Texans
Pats: 2-4 Vikings, 4-2 Colts

Would I rather play the Bengals and Texans than the Vikings and Colts? Sure, but the difference is so minimal that it's not enough to say that their schedule is easier than the Pats is, in my opinion.

but their schedule isnt packed in the middle with the same degree of difficulty i believe. they play pitt towards the end when who knows how much it will mean to them. They play the thanksgiving game at home compared to pats on the road after the indy game . They play clev and detriot back to back. whereas the pats play minn before and pitt after cleveland which by no means is a gimme.

I expect a loss against the Vikings since IIRC that the Patriots are 2-6 in Halloween games.

I expect a loss against the Vikings since IIRC that the Patriots are 2-6 in Halloween games.

and they are wearing their throwback unis in which they sucked last yr

and they are wearing their throwback unis in which they sucked last yr

Yah but at least the cheerleaders will be dressed smokin hot in their Halloween costumes. Patsnutme needs to get server space ready in the Ladies Forum for the pics.

In an unfortunate technical error resulting in employee dismissal the New England Patriots formally apologize to their fans and to the NFL when while trying to put video of their cheerleaders on the Jumbotron accidently a Brett Favre phone vid was posted. Fines to follow.

If pats win this..i can see 12-4 or 13-3

This game's not really that high on the "importance" scale simply because it's against an NFC opponent. Of course a win would be important to pump our record to 6-1 and all but guarantee a playoff spot (barring a complete meltdown in the second half of the season), but amongst all the games we have left againts tough AFC teams, the matchup against the Vikings really pales in comparison.

That being said, I fully expect them not only to win, but to obliterate the Vikings. This offense hasn't executed well for two weeks in a row, and I don't see that trend continuing, especially not against Minnesotta's fragile passe defense.

Last edited:
I did read the original post. Perhaps my response was a bit of a reach, but no more than including that comment about the '00 game as part of a reason that the game in Detroit will be difficult. And if you didn't think that game has any bearing, then why mention it in a comment outlining reasons why that game (along with five others) will be hard for the Pats?

Yeah, you said what my response would be.

The Vikings game is the most important game.......we play this coming Sunday.......:D

I mentioned it because the greatest player in our teams history made his debut as a Patriot 10 years ago, against same team, same holiday. I guess it doesn't have any relevance.

I thought by mentioning that he would probably torch them and we will have struggle stopping them covered the analysis of the game itself. Oh well, sorry for hating on Brady.

tom brady going 1 for 3 in his rookie year at the very end of a blowout game ten years ago is evidence that he has struggled and therefore will continue to struggle against the lions?

Huh?:confused:

we're dooooomed!!

It is pivitol because if we lose, we can't go 18-1 this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back