PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings game is the PIVOTAL game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikings WR's are going to give us fits

:D Just sell the beer diet. At least it isn't Scottish cuisine, with the haggis and whatnot.

And I'm not suggesting anyone bet on the Lions either when the lines come out. But considering the Saints lost to the Browns today, and we barely beat the Bills a few weeks ago, I take nothing for granted.

I hear ya.

But re: the Saints and Browns today - - notice that's an AFC doormat beating one of the best regarded NFC teams.

Who in the NFC is a SB contender that can be rated ahead of the Ravens, Jets, Pats, Steelers, Colts????? Hell, one of the NFC top tiers got blasted by Tennessee today. The evidence is overwhelming right now.

The NFC is the JV Conference.

Last edited:
Yeah, in the West End of London, they have these really cool new dishes called vindaloo, biriyani and tikka masala. British cuisine HAS come a long way in the past 30 years!

LOL, I still stay at the same residence when I'm in London that I've been staying at for a couple decades. Nice Indian couple own it, and the cooking smell is in all the rooms. no restaurant on the premises but the wife is definitely an excellent cook. Brahmins.

Jared Allen vs Matt Light?

LOL, I still stay at the same residence when I'm in London that I've been staying at for a couple decades. Nice Indian couple own it, and the cooking smell is in all the rooms. no restaurant on the premises but the wife is definitely an excellent cook. Brahmins.

Damn. Now I'm hungry.

I'm tired of reading about the Chargers and am really looking forward to next week's game, moreso than this one. I don't have any grand point, but I didn't see another Vikings thread, so I'll offer this up:

A win in this game enables the Patriots to get through the meat of their schedule with a great record. They have lots of tough games afterward especially against the division, but those division games will be tough regardless. The point is, the Patriots will only face a very injured Colts team and a tough Steelers team at Pitt in the ensuing weeks, and they should beat many of the rest of the teams on the schedule.

If they go 6-1, they can play their hearts out (and afford losses to Pitt or Green Bay or a WTF loss). If they lose to Minny however, they will be still battling for their playoff lives.

A win against Minny sets up the entire rest of the season. You couldn't really say that about wins against the Ravens or chargers. But now that they're 5-1, they have set the shelf.

Not only is this game one of the least important on our schedule but we will ironically be fired up to face Moss, IMO, because the media will make a circus out of it.

The NFC is Terribad (yeah that bad) there is not team that is even close to dominat if they could they should just take the top 10 teams from the AFC and the top 2 form the NFC for the playoffs this year.

If they're 11-2 going into the game, it will be important because a loss means they lose their bye. But it won't mean they've made their playoff quest more difficult.

But regardless, that game will be likely for the division title. I was only trying to say that 6-1 essentially means the road to the playoffs is paved, while 5-2, you're in for some serious battling.
How do you lose the bye at 11-3?

No. It is not. The pivotal games remaining are the Steelers game away; and the Jets at home.

The Steelers game is the last really tough road game, and could decide the final bye positioning for the Playoffs. Similarly the Jets game at home could decide the Division winner and seed positioning for the Playoffs.

No. It is not. The pivotal games remaining are the Steelers game away; and the Jets at home.

The Steelers game is the last really tough road game, and could decide the final bye positioning for the Playoffs. Similarly the Jets game at home could decide the Division winner and seed positioning for the Playoffs.

Completely agree. How can a game against some NFC team be the pivotal game when you consider how tight things are going to be at the top of the AFC?

For me, the "Randy" game is just something we have to get over with.....the sooner the better.

I'm tired of reading about the Chargers and am really looking forward to next week's game, moreso than this one. I don't have any grand point, but I didn't see another Vikings thread, so I'll offer this up:

A win in this game enables the Patriots to get through the meat of their schedule with a great record. They have lots of tough games afterward especially against the division, but those division games will be tough regardless. The point is, the Patriots will only face a very injured Colts team and a tough Steelers team at Pitt in the ensuing weeks, and they should beat many of the rest of the teams on the schedule.

If they go 6-1, they can play their hearts out (and afford losses to Pitt or Green Bay or a WTF loss). If they lose to Minny however, they will be still battling for their playoff lives.

A win against Minny sets up the entire rest of the season. You couldn't really say that about wins against the Ravens or chargers. But now that they're 5-1, they have set the shelf.

If I had to choose a game for the Pats to lose, it would be against an NFC opponent. This is NOT a pivotal game at all. It's a home game that should be pretty darn loud since it's 1) a 4:15 game 2) It's Halloween 3) Favre and last, but not least 4) the return on Moss.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Completely agree. How can a game against some NFC team be the pivotal game when you consider how tight things are going to be at the top of the AFC?

For me, the "Randy" game is just something we have to get over with.....the sooner the better.

Because with a win over the Vikes, you can afford a Steelers loss, and you still have to beat the Jets for a bye regardless.

I'm assuming a 13-3 record for all 3 teams.

A win over the Vikes allows a Steelers loss and one more wildcard loss. Either way, you have to beat the Jets.

Lose to the Vikes and even your playoff chances are questionable.

Now this is more amusing to me that the last post. The jets and the patriots have 14 games in common this year as they always do. We can't believe that we have the most difficult schedule and that they have the easiest schedule.

If there is a pivotal ONE game, it against the jets. A win is a win. A dvision game counts more. A head to head against your closest competition counts most. NFC games count least. We don't get two wins just because we're playing Favre, as much as he believes that to be the case.

Have you looked at their schedule?

Now this is more amusing to me that the last post. The jets and the patriots have 14 games in common this year as they always do. We can't believe that we have the most difficult schedule and that they have the easiest schedule.

If there is a pivotal ONE game, it against the jets. A win is a win. A dvision game counts more. A head to head against your closest competition counts most. NFC games count least. We don't get two wins just because we're playing Favre, as much as he believes that to be the case.

BUT, they've played Minnesota already, and they avoid the Colts and the Chargers. Would I rather face the Broncos than the Chargers if I were the Jets? Yes.

Minnesota, the Colts and Chargers are all formidable. The Jets are 5-1 and they don't face these three teams.

I'm surprised that you believe 13-3 for the Jets is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back