PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings fans feeling good after Rams blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Wright is the only guy I can see some potential for. Thompkins is also showing some improvement.

I think Dobson is god awful (he was a healthy scratch on Sunday), and LaFell is what most people thought he was, a low-priced mediocre at best receiver. I expect nothing from either and assume Amendola will remain a complete ghost. I much rather see Tyms get a shot over Dobson.

So at the end of the day, the success of our offense depends on a historically injury prone TE (Gronk) staying healthy, and the potential of two undrafted guys. Trust me, I HOPE things eventually come together, but I just can't delude myself in getting excited about Dobson, LaFell or Amendola.

Dobson is neither god awful or was he a healthy scratch. The guy is coming back from a major injury and they are rushing him back. In the three games before he broke his foot, no one catch more balls from Brady than Dobson.

Dobson is neither god awful or was he a healthy scratch. The guy is coming back from a major injury and they are rushing him back. In the three games before he broke his foot, no one catch more balls from Brady than Dobson.

lol people writing off Dobson.

Rob logic is absent from this board. Dobson will be the 2nd best wr on this team behind Edelman.

If I was a Vikings fan I would be pretty confident this weekend. Why not? Tell me why they should not be?

If I was a Vikings fan I would be pretty confident this weekend. Why not? Tell me why they should not be?
Of course they should be feeling confident. They have an excellent long time Defensive Coordinator (who served a long apprenticeship) as their Head Coach, their strengths match up well against the Patriots weaknesses and they're playing at home. If it were the reverse, the Patriots would be favored by 3 scores on this board.

Dobson has 519 yards receiving and 4 touchdowns last season. I honestly don't understand people's fascination with him. It is scary if he is Bradys second best receiver.

Dobson has 519 yards receiving and 4 touchdowns last season. I honestly don't understand people's fascination with him. It is scary if he is Bradys second best receiver.

So much fail in this post

So much fail in this post

The only fail I am seeing is the amount of people that think Dobson is the answer to this below average core of receivers.

Let me tell you why:

• He played with a broken foot (or missed games with a broken foot) for the last third of the season
  • Those numbers represent the best rookie performance under Brady in the Brady era. Better than Deion Branch and Deion had a good second season
  • The guy consistently gets separation from the guy who is covering him.
I don't get why people hate the guy so much. Because he dropped a lot of balls in his first NFL game of his career? People feel he should have been playing like Keenan Allen did even with his broken foot?

The only fail I am seeing is the amount of people that think Dobson is the answer to this below average core of receivers.

We don't know what we will get from him for sure, but based on what he did last year before he broke his foot, he could be a 1,000 yard receiver (not saying going to be, but could be) assuming he is back Sunday and close to 100%. He could be a bum, but he showed a lot of potential to be a solid starting WR last year before he got injured. Again, he beats his defender most of the time which is big.

I still don't get the hype of Patterson. The guy had three catches for 26 yards on Sunday. Last year, he had 469 yards receiving last year and 141 came in one game (against Baltimore in week 12). Otherwise, he had no more than 54 yards receiving in a game.

Yes, the guy is a duel threat in receiving and running, but other than a handful of games, he has been more potential than production. Last week, he was more of threat as a RB than he was as a receiver (he has three carries for 107 yards and a TD on the ground), but he had almost as many yards on the ground on Sunday than he had all of last year (158 yards).

Patterson has home run threat capabilities, but he is not a consistent player. Greg Jennings is still their best receiver which doesn't say much. This may be a game you just put Revis on the left side of the field.

douche and squeaky on 985 are about to do a segment on Patterson vs Dobson, Collins & Ryan

I guess Patterson is some great all pro WR. Guy would be absolutely cluessless trying to pick up the Pats offense.

Oh and there was this too. Top article on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hick-no-regrets-in-cordarrelle-patterson-deal

Last edited:
douche and squeaky on 985 are about to do a segment on Patterson vs Dobson, Collins & Ryan

I guess Patterson is some great all pro WR. Guy would be absolutely cluessless trying to pick up the Pats offense.

Oh and there was this too. Top article on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hick-no-regrets-in-cordarrelle-patterson-deal

Patterson could be a HOFer one day, but is way overhyped now. Funny, there are some *****ing on other threads that Pats fans are way overrating Dobson because they think Dobson may be the second best receiver on the Pats yet people across the national talk about Patterson as if he is some elite player.

Patterson could be a HOFer one day, but is way overhyped now. Funny, there are some *****ing on other threads that Pats fans are way overrating Dobson because they think Dobson may be the second best receiver on the Pats yet people across the national talk about Patterson as if he is some elite player.
Especially when you consider the Vikings made Patterson one of their focal points and he had 469 yards receiving (@10.4) and 158 yards rushing last year. Dobson (519 and 14ypc) was the 3rd perhaps 4th option for the Patriots.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it would seem.

Especially when you consider the Vikings made Patterson one of their focal points and he had 469 yards receiving (@10.4) and 158 yards rushing last year. Dobson (519 and 14ypc) was the 3rd perhaps 4th option for the Patriots.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it would seem.

It is partly the media hype. Listening to the radio all I hear is "How are the Pats going to stop Peterson and Patterson?" and "You gotta have Revis follow Patterson all over the field". And that is from the media people.

I think they need to be aware of him, but I think I would put Revis on Jennings. He is still the go-to receiver on the team. Patterson so far has flashed, but only flashed.

It is partly the media hype. Listening to the radio all I hear is "How are the Pats going to stop Peterson and Patterson?" and "You gotta have Revis follow Patterson all over the field". And that is from the media people.

I think they need to be aware of him, but I think I would put Revis on Jennings. He is still the go-to receiver on the team. Patterson so far has flashed, but only flashed.

Ya Reiss just posted a piece about it and his conclusion was yes.

Guy makes a nice open field TD run and has a good year returning kicks and it's like he is now this elite WR

Ya Reiss just posted a piece about it and his conclusion was yes.

Guy makes a nice open field TD run and has a good year returning kicks and it's like he is now this elite WR

I still don't get it. From a receiver stand point, his last four games he has played he has had a combined 13 catches for 100 yards and two TDs. That is his receiving stats combined for those four games, not the average. Put Revis on him in the red zone and let Revis cover Jennings in the open field.

Over that same time, he has had 10 carries for 225 yards rushing and 3 TDs, but I don't know how Revis shadows him in the running game.

2 more days and this will be settled. Seems the Patriots game 1 has polarized our little group into die-hards and doomsayers. Of course, there are plenty of reasonable people here, but the doomsayers won't hear of it until you admit they are (or are most assuredly) right in their assessment.

I can assure you, as of 4:45pm EST Friday September 12. 2014 that they aren't feeling so good anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back