Vikings fans feeling good after Rams blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27613&start=30

"I am not too worried. Brady barely completed half of his passes for less than 250 yards against Miami. They have no rushing attack to speak of and their wide outs are marginal at best. Gronk is a STUD but is coming of that knee injury.

The Vikes should/will win this game
thumbsup.gif
"

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27618

Peter King (I know, I know) has the Minnesota Vikings at #8 in his "Fine 15" and the Patriots #10.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/08/nfl-week-1-surprises-derek-anderson-panthers-dolphins/3/

Let's face it. Bill Belichick is Rod Rust in a hoodie.

Well, they did look mighty good against a team that was 7-9 last year and just lost their starting quarterback. Who WOULDN'T feel confident after such a fine athletic display.

They won and didn't get dominated in the trenches. Further, the Pats didn't show any ability whatsoever to stop the run and they have Adrian Peterson. Why wouldn't they feel good today?

Vikings have a pretty good shot at beating us. AD very well might break the rushing record again against us.

Vikings have a pretty good shot at beating us. AD very well might break the rushing record again against us.

No they don't just because we blew a game to the dolphins doesn't mean mid-low levels have a chance at beating us.

No they don't just because we blew a game to the dolphins doesn't mean mid-low levels have a chance at beating us.

When the low-mid level isn't fielding a makeshift interior OL of street free agents that blew our guys off the LOS like our guys were on skates and when the low-mid level is sending Adrian Peterson at us instead of Knowshon Moreno, I would say they have a chance of beating us. Granted, these issues could be corrected by this weekend but, until I see otherwise, I would give Minnesota, in Minnesota, more than just a puncher's chance.

It's week 2. Every team can beat every team at this point. Last season doesn't matter.

with adrian peterson and Patterson running the way they can run, and teh patriots complete inability to stop the run, I'd be VERY optimistic as a vikings fan today.

Then again thats why they play the games last week could have been a fluke and the pats turn it around .

Bill better let Revis follow Patterson all game

I would be confident if I was a Viking fan.

Still, everyone was so confident last week, and now everyone is talking about us like we are going to be a 7-9 team.

We had a nightmare, but let's not wave the white flag yet

Let them feel confident, it means nothing, since the amount of weight that fan optimism has on the results of a game are minuscule at the very best. What's important right now is that the coaching staff tries to address the issues of the Miami game (especially on the O-line, and in stopping the run), and that the players execute more efficiently....

I don't expect this to be an easy game for us (It'll come down to the 4th and be decided by 7 pts at most), but I NEVER expect blowouts.

Let them feel confident, it means nothing, since the amount of weight that fan optimism has on the results of a game are minuscule at the very best. What's important right now is that the coaching staff tries to address the issues of the Miami game (especially on the O-line, and in stopping the run), and that the players execute more efficiently....

I don't expect this to be an easy game for us (It'll come down to the 4th and be decided by 7 pts at most), but I NEVER expect blowouts.

If Vikings fans are really that confident they are going to win, I wouldn't mind them experiencing the same feeling we experienced during and after the Miami game. That being...

jbwtf.gif

If Vikings fans are really that confident they are going to win, I wouldn't mind them experiencing the same feeling we experienced during and after the Miami game. That being...

jbwtf.gif

As nice as that'd be, I'm not too concerned about the Viking fans. What does concern however, is winning this game, and stopping the influx of chicken littles and the deluge of idiotic kneejerk reactions from making this board intolerable. Well that, and doing my groceries.

I get Minn might be better this year and they have Zimmer...who always gives pats fits.."look at Cincy last year)

But i expect a W this week just based on last week alone. If they can't get up after that perform i would be very surprised. That team will be focused

You're only as good as your last game. Last year and all the other seasons don't matter.

This board would read the exact same way if the situations were reversed.

:D Do you realize than apart from QB and Head Coach the Vikings are better in every other part of the game? If they are mid-low what are we? Bottom tier?

Showing that disrespect might backfire this sunday.

They also beat Shaun Hill and an UDFA 2nd year QB that were running Brian Schottenheimer's offense and now are playing a team that very rarely loses back to back. So they may want to temper exitement just a bit

:D Do you realize than apart from QB and Head Coach the Vikings are better in every other part of the game? If they are mid-low what are we? Bottom tier?

Showing that disrespect might backfire this sunday.

So you would take the Vikings secondary over the Pats? Or Gronk and Wright over whoever they have as their #1 & #2 TE?

I don't care about what other teams' fans think. It is how things work. When your team blows out your opponent in the opening game and you are facing a team that played like crap in their first game in the second game, you have a lot of confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes