PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikings (close) to trade for Rosenfels [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vikings (close) to Trade for Rosenfels

ROFL - Rosenfels + Tavaris Jackson. Now the Vikings have 2 JAGS instead of 1. Good luck winning with that combo Minny!

This is the same GM who traded a 2nd for AJ Feely - he can't evaluate quarterbacks. And he's making the same mistake twice - filling a hole at QB on an otherwise complete team with a guy who just can't play.

For all we know they pitched us their best offer at the Combine (shhh) and it wasn't even close. This might be plan B... or C.

Let's hope so.

Given the number of teams that have shown they may be content w trying to go w friggin JAGs, I grow worried maybe the rest of the NFL is too dumb/scared to pull off a trade for Cassel. Fortunately, it's quite possible we already have something worked out.

If we "already have something worked out" it's probably with the Chiefs because of the obvious connection with Pioli. Unlike some on this board I'd suspect it's not including the #3 pick overall straight up. It could be a 2nd this year and a 1st next year at best.

Please guys, can someone explain me why all these teams who are in the market for Cassel are that stupid to sign QBs with whom you'll clearly won't win anything with? I'm really starting to get worried, that we won't get that many for him, just because not alot of teams are interested. Vikes sign rosenfels, Jets stay with clemens and that other guy, Lions have faith in stanton and culpepper, TB signed someone too, right??
Cassel is really good so why don't they see it? :confused::confused::confused:

Please guys, can someone explain me why all these teams who are in the market for Cassel are that stupid to sign QBs with whom you'll clearly won't win anything with? I'm really starting to get worried, that we won't get that many for him, just because not alot of teams are interested. Vikes sign rosenfels, Jets stay with clemens and that other guy, Lions have faith in stanton and culpepper, TB signed someone too, right??

They're all signing backups. I don't see how much of it affects things. The Lions renegotiated Culpepper so he gets less money. I guarantee they spend a 1st rounder on a QB this year, whether its stafford or cassel.

They're all backups, and I don;t think they affect the Cassel situation at all.

Crazy talk here I know but....;)

Perhaps other teams dont rate him as highly as we do .. perhaps they've studied his game, his pros and cons, looked at the way they run their offenses and dont think he fits. The vikes dont run a shotgun offense and thats where Cassel is at his best

There's also the view thats he's expensive

Im not saying I agree with it but I think its a bit daft to be incredulous if every team that doesnt want him. Plenty of people saying we dont want Peppers and im sure Panthers fans would say the same about us and him as we are about Cassel and the Vikes

Saying all this I wouldnt be at all surprised if we had something sewn up with someone already.

It's pretty simple. Pay a little and you get to take a shot with a career back-up as your starter. Pay a little more and you get a potential franchise quarterback who has proven he can win consistently in the league.

I agree with you. Just countering that some people seem to be of the mindset that the Vikings would rather have Sage than Cassel, but it's not simple as "this or that," there are other factors at work.

But yeah, Vikings would be much better served giving up their first for Cassel and paying him the money. You get what you pay for.

The funny thing is, even with Sage they'll still probably invest a first day draft pick in a QB.

This is why the Vikings will always be a joke of a franchise. A perfect opportunity to shore up their QB situation for the first time in 4 years, and they instead settle for more mediocrity.

If they are doing this instead of trading for Cassel, then they are idiots.

Idiots all the way...........they have a decent team and will give themselves no chance of any kind of real success.

In the NFL, a quality starting QB is top priority........they ain't got one and one is sitting there for the taking.

Unless a team has an incredibly awesome defense and some luck, they do not win superbowls without a top flight QB.

Childress has no balls.

For all we know they pitched us their best offer at the Combine (shhh) and it wasn't even close. This might be plan B... or C.

Maybe BB had some "kind" words for Mr. Childress when he approached him about a QB trade. Something along the lines of like..... ingesting human fecal matter and cease to exist as a living, breathing being, Mr. B.C.!
Those opening statements I am sure, are a deal killer.
DW Toys

Maybe BB had some "kind" words for Mr. Childress when he approached him about a QB trade. Something along the lines of like..... ingesting human fecal matter and cease to exist as a living, breathing being, Mr. B.C.!
Those opening statements I am sure, are a deal killer.
DW Toys

Maybe. Or maybe Chilly took it as a compliment... he's about as sharp as a marble.

But really, some coaches may be looking at their players and thinking - hey if that guy could suck in pre-season and then win eleven games, so can GUS!

hehe - dumbtards.

I saw that Colts / Texans game and um... wow.
I've watched a lot of football games in my life, but that one...

Spielman knows Rosefels from his stay with the Dolphins. He is actually a cut below Frerotte. Angelo must be dancing in Chicago since the Vikes will be without a serviceable QB for another year. Given the relationship between Angelo and Belichick don't count out Chicago as a spot for Cassel yet.

Last edited:

All I need to say is watch the Houston and Colts game. That guy by himself gave the game away. He blew it. All set with that guy, good luck!

While you're at it go watch the Pittsburgh/New England game. You know, since we're judging quarterbacks based on fumbling the ball. In one game.

While you're at it go watch the Pittsburgh/New England game. You know, since we're judging quarterbacks based on fumbling the ball. In one game.

Uhmmm... yeah. o.k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back