PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikes sign Bethel

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what they need? a straightline guy who cant catch consistently and is slow to learn..just like Troy Williamson

perhaps he signed with them for the bye week. We all know how much the vikes enjoy their time off.

Remix 6 said:
thats what they need? a straightline guy who cant catch consistently and is slow to learn..just like Troy Williamson

Troy Williamson is way better than Bethel though.

BradyManny2344 said:
Troy Williamson is way better than Bethel though.

barely. hes dropped way too many passes and has Viking fans saying.."god damnit..wheres Moss when we need to get a play"

makes sense. not a lot of sense, but some. good luck, bj.

Hopefully McDonald's lets him have his job back after he gets cut.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Hopefully McDonald's lets him have his job back after he gets cut.

He'll have sullivan as a customer. :D

After reading some of the latest statements on here and after I stopped laughing so hard I just wanted to say maybe the Vikings are picking up Bethel to take over the duties Koren Robinson did so well last year as a kick returner because he is good at that and I wish him well except against the Pats.

Damn, there goes my prediction that Bethel would be Pat #53.

I think Minnesota is a great fit for Bethel. With that turf, he could absolutely light things up on kick returns. That is provided that he is 100%.

caveat emptor:

The Vikings picked him up to gain an advantage by knowing the Pats playbook prior to our upcoming MNF game. Only problem is Bethel didn't really look at it that closely while he was here...

Last edited:
Lamanai said:
caveat emptor:

The Vikings picked him up to gain an advantage by knowing the Pats playbook prior to our upcoming MNF game. Only problem is Bethel didn't really look at it that closely while he was here...

Exactly...

What happened to Bethel - maybe one hit too many on kick returns? That would be my guess - it's a tough job...

DCPatsFan said:
What happened to Bethel - maybe one hit too many on kick returns? That would be my guess - it's a tough job...

That might be plausible if he was actually good at some point, but he was a dissapointment his entire career, at least at wide receiver.

Yes, I was referring to Bethel as a kick returner for the 2003 season - he was outstanding in that role, always a threat to take it all the way. After the 2003 season, he was never the same, and they've been looking for his replacement ever since.

DCPatsFan said:
Yes, I was referring to Bethel as a kick returner for the 2003 season - he was outstanding in that role, always a threat to take it all the way. After the 2003 season, he was never the same, and they've been looking for his replacement ever since.

Pin in his ankle one year right before camp.

DCPatsFan said:

I thought the Pats had his replacement last year in Tim Dwight, the perfect #5-6 WR because of his abilities as a K/P Returner. I would have paid him the $$ the Jest gave him; the continuity would have been worth it.

The BJ/Sully jokes are awesome, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back