PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vikes or 'Hawks? Arbiter to decide OL Hutchinson's fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was that poison pill in the contract as signed..and I do NOT blame the league for taking it to an arbitrator..(If it is allowed it again kind of circumvents the spirit of things..) .I wonder if the new CBA has the exact wording as before on this OR a new provision regarding this. Considering how the CBA has not even been published..probably own't be put together for a few weeks...so neither the agents or the teams may be aware of all the provisions...I am not surprised by it all. If it is a change..then not surprised...Will be interesting to see the outcome.

Pats726 said:
There was that poison pill in the contract as signed..and I do NOT blame the league for taking it to an arbitrator..(If it is allowed it again kind of circumvents the spirit of things..) .I wonder if the new CBA has the exact wording as before on this OR a new provision regarding this. Considering how the CBA has not even been published..probably own't be put together for a few weeks...so neither the agents or the teams may be aware of all the provisions...I am not surprised by it all. If it is a change..then not surprised...Will be interesting to see the outcome.

You're right the outcome will be interesting.

It was my understanding that these poison pills do not have to be matched. It was called the Curtis Martin rule, and deemed not a principal term of the contract. I think the arbitrator will rule in favor of the Seahawks.

dryheat44 said:
It was my understanding that these poison pills do not have to be matched. It was called the Curtis Martin rule, and deemed not a principal term of the contract. I think the arbitrator will rule in favor of the Seahawks.
I hope you are right..but with the new CBA..and NOT ALL of it out..who knows?? I agree it should be gone out..but with the lateness of it who knows the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back