PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

View from the Igloo: JSn's 7 Round Pat's Centric Mockery of the Draft.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Well, myself and an array of fans from lesser teams are off to Boston in the morning. This is the last chance I have to prove my uncanny ability to make completely wild guesses about what the Pat's will do this weekend.

Since I expect the guesser's and the studiers to have about the same accuracy rating, I'll tell you now I fit right in the middle. Been reading the Mock's and rankings, and draft history, but haven't had much time to dig up video or read long interviews.

So, here we go. Maybe I'll see some of you at Vince's Def Jam on Saturday.

Round #1
#23 Rey Maualuga. I believe the Pats will be willing to move a few slots to get him, also - BUT I think Guyton is gonna make it a hard job to win. This will be an amazing 3-man rotation when Tedy retires.

Round #2
#34 Sean Smith. Can this guy fall far enough? I think so.

#47 Julius Peppers. Pick #47, plus a conditional pick next year will probably get this done. I think Pierre Woods may also become part of the deal.

#58 Max Unger. Forget projections, we'll see by pick #4 we've guessed a LOT wrong.

Round #3
#89 Pat White. Gadget player at first glance, this guy has the goods to be a useful roster spot and #3 QB all at once.

#97 Nic Harris. I'm not positive, but I feel like this pick can be gambled on. Seems like a young guy who could do the Tank Williams thing by next year.

Round #4
#124 Terrence Knighton. Time to upgrade the back-up NT for low $$$. I also think this guy could click faster than his draft grade.

Round #5
#170 Augustus Parrish. Time to get a swing in training. Parrish and LeVoir would be nice back-up options at OT.

Round #6
#199 Nader Abdallah. I believe this guy could project into the Pats D-Line. Whether the gaping holes come next year or not, they will come.

#207 Anthony Parker. One last pick for the O-Line. Guards feel like a dime-a-dozen, after last year I say depth - can I get a witness?

Round #7
#234 Aaron Brown. RB? Yeah, definitely. But I also believe Law-Firm makes the roster this year.

So there you go. Mock my mock - I'm nutty that way.

A day one of Rey M., Sean S., Julius P., and Max Unger would make for a satisfying one, indeed. I think the rest of the draft needs to eye-ball the trenches, though.

Last edited:
It must be really chilly up north if you think you can trade #47 + Pierre Woods + a conditional pick to the Panthers for Peppers. Either that, or I want some of what you are drinking.

It must be really chilly up north if you think you can trade #47 + Pierre Woods + a conditional pick to the Panthers for Peppers. Either that, or I want some of what you are drinking.

I caught the whiff of a hunch... ;)

And I KNEW you were gonna be the first one to comment, hehe.

Actually, I think that's probably pretty close to what it will take. Maybe another fourth or so in '09. The real question is if the Patriots can fit Peppers into their salary cap structure.

It's also become obvious to me that front-runner Jason Taylor is using the Pats to leverage a return to Miami.

Love the Terrence Knighton pick. I don't think Anthony Brown lasts until round 7. His upside is too high as I have heard a lot of run on him the last few days. Nic Harris interests me in a big way. Boom or bust.

Peppers can't happen unless he signs the tender. He has stalemated his team's ability to move him. So I have little hope that the Pats will get him, also he'll cost at least #23 or #34.

Considering how much the Pats will have to include in a contract, that is probably over-paying for Peppers.

Your 1st day is great. Your second day is less than awe inspiring..

White only wants to be a QB. He doesn't want to be a WR.

Harris is a horrible safety. In fact, many sites now have him projected as an OLB and falling into the 6th round.. Comparing Harris to Williams is like comparing a Yugo to a Porsche..

Brown - he's a 7th rounder, but why? Seriously..

Parker has injury issues and character issues..

Love the Terrence Knighton pick. I don't think Anthony Brown lasts until round 7. His upside is too high as I have heard a lot of run on him the last few days. Nic Harris interests me in a big way. Boom or bust.

Who is Anthony Brown? To my knowledge there isn't an Anthony Brown in this draft. There is an ANDRE Brown, but that isn't who JSn was referring to. He was referring to Aaron Brown from TCU.

I just think this is overly optimistic. I think a lot of those players aren't going to be around when those picks come up. Unger might even go in the first, and I think Pat White is a sure fire 2nd rounder.

No chance Pat White slides that far no chance.

I just think this is overly optimistic. I think a lot of those players aren't going to be around when those picks come up. Unger might even go in the first, and I think Pat White is a sure fire 2nd rounder.

How is Pat White a "sure fire" 2nd rounder? Most teams want him to play WR, a position he doesn't want to play... And he's not exactly a stellar QB

Well, myself and an array of fans from lesser teams are off to Boston in the morning. This is the last chance I have to prove my uncanny ability to make completely wild guesses about what the Pat's will do this weekend.

Since I expect the guesser's and the studiers to have about the same accuracy rating, I'll tell you now I fit right in the middle. Been reading the Mock's and rankings, and draft history, but haven't had much time to dig up video or read long interviews.

So, here we go. Maybe I'll see some of you at Vince's Def Jam on Saturday.

Round #1
#23 Rey Maualuga. I believe the Pats will be willing to move a few slots to get him, also - BUT I think Guyton is gonna make it a hard job to win. This will be an amazing 3-man rotation when Tedy retires.

Round #2
#34 Sean Smith. Can this guy fall far enough? I think so.

#47 Julius Peppers. Pick #47, plus a conditional pick next year will probably get this done. I think Pierre Woods may also become part of the deal.

#58 Max Unger. Forget projections, we'll see by pick #4 we've guessed a LOT wrong.

Round #3
#89 Pat White. Gadget player at first glance, this guy has the goods to be a useful roster spot and #3 QB all at once.

#97 Nic Harris. I'm not positive, but I feel like this pick can be gambled on. Seems like a young guy who could do the Tank Williams thing by next year.

Round #4
#124 Terrence Knighton. Time to upgrade the back-up NT for low $$$. I also think this guy could click faster than his draft grade.

Round #5
#170 Augustus Parrish. Time to get a swing in training. Parrish and LeVoir would be nice back-up options at OT.

Round #6
#199 Nader Abdallah. I believe this guy could project into the Pats D-Line. Whether the gaping holes come next year or not, they will come.

#207 Anthony Parker. One last pick for the O-Line. Guards feel like a dime-a-dozen, after last year I say depth - can I get a witness?

Round #7
#234 Aaron Brown. RB? Yeah, definitely. But I also believe Law-Firm makes the roster this year.

So there you go. Mock my mock - I'm nutty that way.

A day one of Rey M., Sean S., Julius P., and Max Unger would make for a satisfying one, indeed. I think the rest of the draft needs to eye-ball the trenches, though.

Great effort, I love the Max Unger pick.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back