PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Videogate -- Failure on all fronts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I think there's blame to go around on anyone

1. Belichick -- He should've known that a literal interpretation of the meaning wasn't going to fly and that he was indeed breaking the intent of the rule

2. The media -- for acting like something thats been going on in the open for everyone to see is the biggest deal of the year

3. Mangini -- Instead of going straight to the league, he should've given Bill a warning -- "I think the videotaping is illegal, so please put the camera away or else I'll be left with no option other than to report it".

4. Goddell -- He needs to set expected penalties beforehand. If you're a player, and you go offsides, you know its a 5 yard penalty. You're not going to get a 5 game suspension for going offsides. If Goddell had said beforehand that a camera on the field would result in 1st round pick & fine, no one would've done it. Coaches/players/etc should not be blindsided with penalties that are way above the historical penalty. If the league is going to issue a clarifying memo of what is against the rules, they should also issue a clarifying expected penalty for breaking those rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down