VIDEO: Watch Tom Brady as a Lead Blocker For Blount on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
VIDEO: Watch Tom Brady as a Lead Blocker For Blount on Sunday

Ian Logue

It wasn't pretty, but Tom Brady managed to get in the way enough for Blount to pick up some yards.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Not the greatest idea for Tom. Especially with that knee. Good thing the defense didn't light him, too.

Jet fans won't be pleased with their defense.?

Very appreciative of the Jets for not blowing Tom "Lorenzo Neal" Brady up on that play. Only the Goat can successfully "block" multiple guys without really putting a finger on them.

While the odds are slim, I hope to God a similar situation doesn't happen against the Broncos or Ravens. We all know someone like TJ Ward would go straight for the ACL.

Tom's thought progression on the play, in three stages, "LG sweep right,ok next play............Oh! Coming back this way? Let's do this, big guy!.......... well, 'let's' is a pretty strong word. Just taking a stroll, don't mind me. *casual whistling*"

Very appreciative of the Jets for not blowing Tom "Lorenzo Neal" Brady up on that play. Only the Goat can successfully "block" multiple guys without really putting a finger on them.

While the odds are slim, I hope to God a similar situation doesn't happen against the Broncos or Ravens. We all know someone like TJ Ward would go straight for the ACL.

It all happened within a second, but I got the feeling that the Jets didn't want to touch him, as though he was sacred or something.

looks he might have used the force on that one

30 seconds into the video, as Tom is old man hopping through traffic, the play clock behind him is set to 40.

Yeah I was really surprised the Jets didn't take a shot at Tom.. lol the DB that was coming up on him purposefully avoided him and ran around Tom. I think Brady has entered god hood in the NFL.

However I don't want to see 39 year old Brady running out there and throwing blocks, especially considering that he is already banged up.

Lol at the end it looks like Tommy tried to trip a defender also, love the atta boy from revis at the end too

Tom crazy legs Brady back at it again!

giphy.gif

That's nothing compared to Matt Ryan earlier this year. Nick Fairly would not have been so forgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes