PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Video) Sports Science: Moore's Game Saving Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Sterling brushed up on his physics before the game.

This is correct and nobody seems to mention it. Not only would he have to have gotten two feet in he would of had to turn or taken another step before the ball came out.

No, he doesn't need to "turn or take another step". That was the old rule where you actually had to "perform a football move". The current rule doesn't require that you make a move, only that you hold the ball long enough to have made "an act common to the game" whether or not you actually made such an act.

That said, clearly not a TD because the ball was out before the 2nd foot hit, let alone being in his control long enough to have performed an act.

Thanks a lot! Not a catch for sure, but close.

Makes me glad the call on the field was Incomplete, since I doubt they would have been able to do that kind of analysis in a minute or so to overturn a call of Touchdown.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
If this was not ruled a TD Lions VS Bears Calvin Johnson Touchdown Robbed! - YouTube then I don't see why the Evans call would have changed if he gets that second foot down and even another step before the ball comes out. There was a lot of debate about this play when it happened and I'm pretty sure there was a similar call around the same time this past season but I can't remember who it was. For the record I think the Megatron play should have been a score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes