PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VIDEO: Reiss posts video of Burfict stepping on Blount's leg after TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love when someone disagrees with facts. Like the direction a player's helmet is facing..

Yeah, Dagg, Burfict was looking at Brady despite his helmet facing away from where Brady was standing.. And you can tell this because you can see where the ball came from as it goes over Bennett's head.. Oh.. Yeah.. And the video show's the hit occurring before the ball goes sailing over to be complete.

But, yes, Dagg, you're correct.. Burfict hit Bennett in the knees because he got fooled by Brady's pump fake that he couldn't see.. I even posted the link to Atomic Dawg's post in the other thread that had the video that showed the ball sailing over Bennett's head after he'd been hit.. SMH..

Thank you Matt Chatham. Burfict isn't close to looking at Brady.. His head is down and he's focused on hitting Bennett..

Burfict-Snip-2.png

Ive seen that picture but its after the pump fake, that is the actual throw go watch the tape again. He already made up his mind the ball was going to Bennett and drove forward and went low.

Making sense of the drama between Burfict and the Patriots

You can see it here but this film doesnt show where Burfict was facing when the pump fake happens. But being in a zone he is facing the QB not 90 degrees as you contended earlier (which we mean hes facing the sideline)

Listen bud you obviously saw it different than I did. I dont like Burfict but as a football player you dont decide in the middle of a play just to abandon all else you are doing and hit a guy low makes zero sense. He thought the ball was going to Bennett and reacted to Brady and the fake.

"Things happen in a game,” Bennett said, per ESPN. “It usually doesn't happen that way, but he apologized. He said he didn't try to do it. It's part of the game."

From the same article:

But was Burfict’s hit on Bennett an unquestioned dirty play? I don’t think it’s a safe assumption. Brady connected with Bennett on similar routes two plays prior and once during the previous drive. Seeing as though Brady, a player who most (if not all) Patriots fans call the greatest player of all time, pump-faked in Bennett’s direction, isn’t there a possibility the linebacker could’ve bit at the fake and tried to make a play? Personally, I think it’s possible, but at this point, let’s move on.

Again not going to keep going in circles with you but that is how I saw the play.

Last edited:
Ive seen that picture but its after the pump fake, that is the actual throw go watch the tape again. He already made up his mind the ball was going to Bennett and drove forward and went low.

Making sense of the drama between Burfict and the Patriots

You can see it here but this film doesnt show where Burfict was facing when the pump fake happens. But being in a zone he is facing the QB not 90 degrees as you contended earlier (which we mean hes facing the sideline)

Listen bud you obviously saw it different than I did. I dont like Burfict but as a football player you dont decide in the middle of a play just to abandon all else you are doing and hit a guy low makes zero sense. He thought the ball was going to Bennett and reacted to Brady and the fake.

"Things happen in a game,” Bennett said, per ESPN. “It usually doesn't happen that way, but he apologized. He said he didn't try to do it. It's part of the game."

From the same article:

But was Burfict’s hit on Bennett an unquestioned dirty play? I don’t think it’s a safe assumption. Brady connected with Bennett on similar routes two plays prior and once during the previous drive. Seeing as though Brady, a player who most (if not all) Patriots fans call the greatest player of all time, pump-faked in Bennett’s direction, isn’t there a possibility the linebacker could’ve bit at the fake and tried to make a play? Personally, I think it’s possible, but at this point, let’s move on.

Again not going to keep going in circles with you but that is how I saw the play.

Burfict "apologized" to Antonio Brown as well. Didn't change the fact that that the hits were intentional.

You're the one sitting here making excuses for Burfict, making claims that are ridiculous.

The video, plain as day, shows Burfict NEVER looking at Brady. Yet, you claim that Burfict bites on the pump fake and that is why he goes at the back of Bennett's legs.. The only problem is that there is no way that Burfict, who isn't facing Brady (and you CAN tell this by the video) could have see the pump fake since he was already diving at Bennett's legs.

You can sit there and "think it's possible" but the fact that you contradict Matt Chatham is laughable.

real time:

20% speed:

of course it looks worse in slow-motion, but in real time, i can buy that burfict bit on the pump fake. the time between the furthest forward motion of the pump fake and when burfict hits bennett is less than a second. closer to 0.8 seconds.

The Burfiction files: The Man who was misunderstood. :eek:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...-burfict-suspension-and-nfl-history/80250612/

Here’s the complete list of fines incurred by Burfict during his 50-game career.

Week 3, 2013: $10K — striking Packers’ Ryan Taylor in the groin

Week 3, 2013: $21K — hit on defenseless player, Packers’ James Jones

Week 8, 2013: $21K — spearing New York Jets’ WR Stephen Hill

Week 6, 2014: $25K — ankle twisting Cam Newton and Greg Olsen

Week 13, 2015: $69.4K — three separate unsportsmanlike incidents vs. Steelers

Week 17, 2015: $50K — hit to defenseless tight end Maxx Williams away from play

Wildcard Playoffs, 2016: Three-game suspension — hit on Antonio Brown

I don't claim to speak for Matt Chatham. I will note that in his video he repeatedly says that Burfict went through the "back" of Bennett's knee. That's a great place to go if you want to take someone down, not great if you want to blow out their knee. For that, you would go to the side of the knee. See Pollard, Bernard.

I don't claim to know what Burfict was trying to do, but if he wanted to destroy a knee, he picked an ineffective way of doing it.

I have said from the beginning it was unecessary roughness. I just don't see evidence of an attempt to maim.

He's been "maiming" players his whole career. It's his MO.

Burfict is a dirty POS and deserves another suspension ASAP!

I watch/follow/support ALOT of professional sports and i have never ever wished injury on players because i believe it's wrong to do so however i have to make an exception and admit i will celebrate if Mr Burfict and Mr TJ Ward both wreck their knees in a game because poetic justice is a beautiful thing to see in person.

Holy ****, I just can't listen to the crap about the poor defenders having no choice but to dive at knees because you can't hit the head. There's an entire torso and thigh to hit, but defenders just aren't good enough to actually tackle.

Yeah, legal tackles are just soooooo impossible to do. Unless you watch rugby for five minutes, in which case people would realize how ridiculous they sound when they make excuses for kneehunting.

Also, Burfict sucks and I hope he gets scabies.

real time:

20% speed:

of course it looks worse in slow-motion, but in real time, i can buy that burfict bit on the pump fake. the time between the furthest forward motion of the pump fake and when burfict hits bennett is less than a second. closer to 0.8 seconds.

I respect you, but I can't agree with you on this. Why? Because even in your video, it shows Burfict isn't looking at Brady. Burfict sees Bennett open and immediately launches himself. In the mean time, Brady has faked and had rotated his hips away from Bennett and is throwing the ball down field. If pass rushers have to be able to hold up, then so do people hitting a player who isn't involved in the play.. Especially when you are hitting the player well beyond 5 yards AND hitting them from behind in a manner they are defenseless.

It's a clear case of attempting to injure a player. Especially when you aren't actually paying attention to the play.

I respect you, but I can't agree with you on this. Why? Because even in your video, it shows Burfict isn't looking at Brady. Burfict sees Bennett open and immediately launches himself. In the mean time, Brady has faked and had rotated his hips away from Bennett and is throwing the ball down field. If pass rushers have to be able to hold up, then so do people hitting a player who isn't involved in the play.. Especially when you are hitting the player well beyond 5 yards AND hitting them from behind in a manner they are defenseless.

It's a clear case of attempting to injure a player. Especially when you aren't actually paying attention to the play.
i'm not saying he definitely bit on the pump fake, just that he might have. it's too bad he's offscreen during the pump fake so we can't really see where he's looking.

but regardless of whether he bit on the pump fake or if he just decided to tackle bennett no matter what, i do agree that his decision to take out MB's knees was dirty.

Why Burfict Hit on Bennett is Uniquely Dirty

This is pretty good explanation of why the hit on Bennett was so dirty.

Let's hope that some of the posters above will see that excellent video. I can't believe that there are people who see that dirty play as some sort of attempt at a tackle.

Chatham had it right when he called the play chickenshit. I'm just thankful that we didn't lose Bennett for the season. What a horrible way that would have been to lose a top player.

If you have a reputation as a clean player, you get the benefit of the doubt. When you have the history/reputation/on field rap sheet of Burfict, you don't get that courtesy and every hit is scrutinized. Even if you can somehow excuse the Bennett hit, the one on Blount was intentional, especially when you see it in real time...
Little OT here, considering the shout out by Reiss to patsfans.com , makes you wonder who else reads Patsfans.com in media or in Pats front office......or executive suites......

Well it's Wednesday so I'm guessing the Fed Ex packages from th league office will arrive this am. Let's see if Burfect gets just a fine, or is called to the Commishiner's office. I can only hope that neither Gronk or Blount get fined.

Watching the video bbobbo posted, it really doesn't look like Burfict was stumbling at all when he started moving towards Bennett. It's really bizarre that that was the first explanation that came to mind for Fouts.

Its my assumption that Burfict is in a scheme with the NFL to stop the two Tight End Juggernaut. They had a bounty scheme going too whereby it was agreed he would only receive a fine and not a suspension 99.9% of people believe he should get should it look like he get caught on camera by the media trying to injure said TEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes