PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VIDEO: Reiss posts video of Burfict stepping on Blount's leg after TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy isn't suspended, it's a travesty:

Although...wait...I forgot 1psi > integrity :rolleyes:

I, like you, inferred from Blount's reaction that Burfict stepped on his leg. Bobbo's analysis casts doubt on this conclusion. Also, in my view, the hit on Bennett was unecessary, but was aimed at the back of his thigh, not his knee. Burfict is the king of unecessary roughness, but I'm not sure these examples are worthy of punishment, at least based on the inconclusive evidence presented here.

Burfit is the example of everything that is bad about the NFL, unbridled violence, Marvin Lewis as bad as this has been the Bengals MO for quire a while now..

The NFL should suspend Lewis for not taking control of the group of convicts some call a team..

But I did hear that Rex is trying to trade for Burfit as he likes "spirited players".. :)

Its the slowed down video that is deceiving. You need to see it in real time to see the exrtra power he used when he steps.... It was a stomp. He tries to cover it up by doing the same thing with the second step but this time he intentionally misses him. You see this kind of thing all the time in the NFL. Players who pretend they have lost their balance while landing with all there weight on an already downed player....players that roll after landing an whipping their legs into a player....and this idiot-thug who is pretending to step over but is really stomping. Watch it again in real time. I'm convinced he's stomping

Dirty, low-life weasel-beak. I loathe the Bungles with a passion.

The man has no self control.

The league is very focused on player safety.

there is a decent shot of this on the TV replay. i slowed it down to 20% of regular speed to see what was going on.

looking at it, i don't think burfict stomps on blount's leg. what looks like him stomping is actually him stepping over some players on the ground, including blount.

what causes blount to react is that burfict is pulling blount's jersey and his facemask to pull him off the pile:

somebody with a twitter account want to send this link to reiss?

I can see Burfict's foot coming down near Blount's ankle area while Blount's lower leg is still on the ground just under #59's groin if you freeze it as #59 walks by the pile. This angle doesn't clear him in my eyes. If anything, I think it shows even more why Blount got up so quickly. He just got his calf or ankle stomped on.

Not that I am defending Burfict but If you go back and watch the low hit on Bennett 100 times like I did on the sports shows yesterday watch Brady pump pump fake to the short WR (Bennett). Burfict was playing zone and left the deeper WR who actually caught the ball put his head down and dove at Bennett legs. That fake actually freed up the WR to make the catch. Again not defending him but if you watch it back from a clip that has Brady in the shot watch the pump fake and Burficts reaction.

One of you talented forum guys can probably post a better clip but here is a link.

Vontaze Burfict hits Martellus Bennett low

To me he clearly think Brady's pump is a pass to Bennett he lowers his head and dives.

Didn't the NFL put in a rule this year that players can't pull opposing players off the pile?

Not that I am defending Burfict but If you go back and watch the low hit on Bennett 100 times like I did on the sports shows yesterday watch Brady pump pump fake to the short WR (Bennett). Burfict was playing zone and left the deeper WR who actually caught the ball put his head down and dove at Bennett legs. That fake actually freed up the WR to make the catch. Again not defending him but if you watch it back from a clip that has Brady in the shot watch the pump fake and Burficts reaction.

One of you talented forum guys can probably post a better clip but here is a link.

Vontaze Burfict hits Martellus Bennett low

To me he clearly think Brady's pump is a pass to Bennett he lowers his head and dives.

You do realize that even if the ball was going to Bennett, Burfict's hit would have been illegal because he'd have hit Bennett before the ball got there, right?

Sorry, but there is no excuse for intentionally going at someone's knee the way Burfict did. That's a move that ends careers..

I never said it would or wouldnt be a PI call but you cant tell me from watching that video he isnt reacvting to TBs pump fake.

I never said it would or wouldnt be a PI call but you cant tell me from watching that video he isnt reacvting to TBs pump fake.

Even if it wouldn't have been PI and the ball was headed to Bennett, why would you go low on a tackle from behind when you need to prevent a first down?

You wouldn't. You'd go higher to the body to prevent additional yardage.

Oh, and also because going low from behind is always a scummy thing to do.

Burfict is a piece of garbage and shouldn't be in the league, but I'm worried that the nyjfl could say that 1) There's no proof that his cheapshot on Bennett was intentional (They might buy Fouts' lame theory that he 'fell'); and 2) There's no actual video evidence of his foot coming down on Blount

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure he's getting more than a fine.

Unfortunately we might have to wait until Burfict ends a career before he really gets punished

Watch Burfict get fined for the Bennett and possibly stepping on Blount. If pressed for an explanation, the NFL will state they are limited by the guidelines of the CBA when administering punishment. Then this board will be silent for 30-60 minutes as people are too frustrated/outraged to type.

Watch Burfict get fined for the Bennett and possibly stepping on Blount. If pressed for an explanation, the NFL will state they are limited by the guidelines of the CBA when administering punishment. Then this board will be silent for 30-60 minutes as people are too frustrated/outraged to type.

He won't get fined because Roger wanted him to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back