PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video: OL Sebastian Vollmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian's Daily Blog - While surfing YouTube tonight I came accross a workout video of Patriots offensive lineman and draft choice Sebastian Vollmer.According to the description in the video, Vollmer trained under the direction of Mike Gough at athletic Edge Sports in Bradenton, Florida, and lead all offensive linemen in the country with a 37.5″ vertical jump.For anyone who [...]

Yea this guy is a beast but from what I've heard he has poor technique. He should be an interesting player to watch during TC.

Yea this guy is a beast but from what I've heard he has poor technique. He should be an interesting player to watch during TC.

Obviously not poor enough to p*** off Dante. :)

Looks like a big ... very big dude moving around ... whatever.

When I see him smacking someone 10 yards upfield I'll be :):):)

You can teach technique and technicals. What you cant teach is size, strength, speed and smarts

He looks very lite on his feet.

Last edited:
And is it me or does he 'look' much bigger than Light/Kazcur?

Kid could be a beast
I think he does look bigger than either of those two, He also looks like he has plenty of room to add muscle, hes very lean.

Guy with the dreds and the red shorts is a BIG fella too ...

He looks very lite on his feet.

Actually I was thinking that the first step looks a little slow to get initiated. He seems quick enough once he gets going, but there seems to be a bit of a delay in getting his first step moving.

He's got really quick feet. His hands look.... off. I wonder if he has an issue with his vision... perhaps Amblyopia (lazy eye).

Last edited:
That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Actually I was thinking that the first step looks a little slow to get initiated. He seems quick enough once he gets going, but there seems to be a bit of a delay in getting his first step moving.

Actually I liked his quick feet and athletism. What I noticed was that he needs to get more bend in his knees when he explode to contact and when he runs, he's too upright. Granted when you are 6'8 or so, you tend to be more "upright" than most folks. ;)

6'8, 300+, 37.5 vert??? What!?!? The more i find out about this guy the more I like him. Its like hes the pats version of big baby(6'9, 290).
I think that 37.5 vert # should ease those concerned about his back. There's no way he could explode like that if his core(hips, abs, lower back) was weak in any way, especially not at that weight

Last edited:
He is very big and he is very athletic. He also has quick feet.
He does need to work on his speed and explosion on his initial move from the 3 pt stance but the technique can be refined.
And I'm sure after a season of the Pats strength and conditioning program, he'll be even stronger.
Hard to tell where he'll end up. He's not as polished and ready as say Matt Light coming out, but he's got a ton of potential and physical traits that can't be taught.

BTW . . . is it just me, or would this tape have greatly benefited from some narration, so it didn't look like an audition tape for "NFL Big Man Dance Challenge"? :confused:

Yep and slow, very slow.

Indeed. Not so much "rushing" the passer as ambling in his direction. Still, someone's got to stay at home to stop the run.

On Basti (my 2 pfennigs). He seemed to me to want to come completely up out of his stance before getting moving instead of exploding out like a sprinter. That may be because a guy that huge can't be so supple or it may be an easily corrected piece of technique.

Indeed. Not so much "rushing" the passer as ambling in his direction. Still, someone's got to stay at home to stop the run.

On Basti (my 2 pfennigs). He seemed to me to want to come completely up out of his stance before getting moving instead of exploding out like a sprinter. That may be because a guy that huge can't be so supple or it may be an easily corrected piece of technique.
Well, since your big boy you were talking about is an Offensive Linemate of Vollmer's, I'm sure whichever team he plays for wants him starting the run, but I can't remember who drafted/signed him off the top of my head so you may be right if it was someone like Oakland... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back