PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video of Richard Sherman getting slapped after the WSH game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn good CB but i honestly can't blame the guy for hitting him. You saw in that clip him running his mouth all game and a Washington player took exception to it.

In reality i don't want pats players to act like either of those guys.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. I've had enough of cupcakes at CB. Only reason Sherman gets to people is because he's actually owning guys. If some our recent all star CBs acted that way they'd get laughed off the field.

Cheap shot.

Last edited:
Looks like Trent came up to him. Sherman didn't even retaliate, he's a smart kid who plays head games and they work. He's an even better corner.

Looks like he's not built for a heavyweight fight.

I'm all for players trash talking and winding players up during the game - it's a legitimate tool for getting players off their game. Getting players frustrated and angry stops them from playing their best football in a lot of cases.

However pr1cks like Sherman who carry it on well past the final play deserve a slap. Fantastic corner but a moron that talks like he has a bag of marbles in his mouth and is a classless punk when it comes to football!

Looks like Trent came up to him. Sherman didn't even retaliate, he's a smart kid who plays head games and they work. He's an even better corner.

There's a big difference - - this was AFTER the game. There is no need to be playing head games with someone AFTER a game.

The thing with Brady was AFTER a game also.

He needs to be planted.

Last edited:
He needs to be planted.

I second that planting. Sorry, punk - respect the game. OK to talk trash during but after that be cool or just be quiet. You know, act like you've been ther before.

I'm thinking that this is the Rodney Harrison thing. When it's our guy he's a fan favorite. Dennard fights some out of uniform cop - cool as long as he can play. Spikes is hardly a saint - everybody loves him. Talib comes here with what kind of a history? Atleast he's tall and can cover. Pats putting the lights out on Chargers was funny as hell, huh?

Way too much hate for a guy that hasn't really done **** compared to some of the other thugs in the nfl, on and off the field.

I wonder what the theme around here was if pick #33 is R.Sherman to NE Patriots.

They show a million different plays where Sherman was getting into it with that lineman. It's not like Williams is Mr. Clean, but it was satisfying to see Sherman get slapped. I'm not even convinced Williams wasn't the instigator.

I'm not holding my breath for either the Pats or the Seahawks to make the Super Bowl, especially now that Clemons is down, but having Brady 'find' Sherman after the game would be satisfying, not that Brady would ever do that. The best he'd do is ignore Sherman if they crossed paths.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. I've had enough of cupcakes at CB. Only reason Sherman gets to people is because he's actually owning guys. If some our recent all star CBs acted that way they'd get laughed off the field.

Cheap shot.

I see the slap as extremely honorable myself. Sherman's mouth is the only thing that's a cheap shot and that guy shut it pretty quick.

I'm thinking that this is the Rodney Harrison thing. When it's our guy he's a fan favorite. Dennard fights some out of uniform cop - cool as long as he can play. Spikes is hardly a saint - everybody loves him. Talib comes here with what kind of a history? Atleast he's tall and can cover. Pats putting the lights out on Chargers was funny as hell, huh?

Way too much hate for a guy that hasn't really done **** compared to some of the other thugs in the nfl, on and off the field.

I wonder what the theme around here was if pick #33 is R.Sherman to NE Patriots.

He'd be a fan favorite if he drew his checks in Foxboro.

Rodney Harrison, a guy who was famous for getting flagged for hits after the play was dead: Saint.

Richard Sherman, a guy who is famous for talking after the game is over: ******* who deserves violent retribution.

Way to be, patsfans.com.

"Happy Birthday, Gary Coleman. #PoWwWwWwW":rofl:

Criminal conduct is a different conversation than showing no class. Sometimes even the disciplined patriots stoop to the level of the dancing moron show. Spikes is just our dancing moron. Sherman is nothing like Rodney. Rodney did plenty of talking, but it was all between sidelines.

As far as the Dennard thing goes, an out of uniform cop is a person, and people can be jack---es, especially people who think they're above the law because they work as a police officer. Hold it against Dennard when he horse collars an officer in uniform.

I see the slap as extremely honorable myself. Sherman's mouth is the only thing that's a cheap shot and that guy shut it pretty quick.

Then you must've not seen the video. He laughed it off while that other bum is writing a check.

I don't think the Harrison/Sherman comparisons are fair.

Harrison was known as a dirty player which virtually hard hitting safety gets labeled. Some of the label was justified, some of it was BS (virtually every hard hitting safety gets the dirty player moniker to some extent). He was pretty clean while a Patriot.

Sherman is a trash talker and can be very classless at it at times. Sherman taunting the fans is a little bush league, but you can say that about the Pats doing the "Lights Out" dance against San Diego a few years back (although I don't think Harrison was part of that). One thing Sherman doesn't have that Harrison had is accomplishing something.

Sherman is becoming one of the biggest Richards in the league pretty quickly. As a guy who never was a fan of guys like Moss, Dillon, Talib, or Haynesworth when they were here but rooted for them to be successful; I know I would never be a fan of Sherman if he was here. I would root for him to do well.

Then you must've not seen the video. He laughed it off while that other bum is writing a check.

Personally, I have much more of a problem with him taunting the fans waving goodbye to them and telling to have a safe drive home. That was a Richard move.

Personally, I have much more of a problem with him taunting the fans waving goodbye to them and telling to have a safe drive home. That was a Richard move.

D. Branch - "Where's your towel? Where's your towel? "

Fans talk ****,players talk ****. It's classless but hardly a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down