Welcome to PatsFans.com

Video: Michael Moore slams CNN, Wolf Blitzer on live TV

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Jul 10, 2007.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This is actually pretty entertaining and interesting. Moore calls out CNN, Blitzer on corporate interests, healthcare, and Iraq:
    http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Michael_Moore_shames_CNN_Blitzer_on_0709.html
    ----

"Before a live interview with documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, CNN aired a segment entitled "Sicko Reality Check" in which Dr. Sanjay Gupta, the network's chief medical correspondent, aimed to keep Moore "honest" and fact check his new film, Sicko.

The 4-minute piece concluded that Moore "did fudge the facts," and implied that Sicko was misleading in portraying health care systems in other countries, such as France, the UK, and Canada, as better than the one in the US.

When given a chance to speak, Moore immediately put host Wolf Blitzer on the defensive.

"That report was so biased, I can't imagine what pharmaceutical company's ads are coming up right after our break here," said Moore. "Why don't you tell the truth to the American people? I wish that CNN and the other mainstream media would just for once tell the truth about what's going on in this country."

Moore argued that CNN has such a lousy track record of reporting the truth about the war in Iraq and asking tough questions, that Americans should be skeptical of their reporting on health care.

"You're the ones who are fudging the facts," said Moore. "You've fudged the facts to the American people now for I don't know how long about this issue, about the war, and I'm just curious, when are you going to just stand there and apologize to the American people for not bringing the truth to them that isn't sponsored by some major corporation?"

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Moore is lying money hungry son of a biatch.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Is this true?

Supposedly from IRS reports:
    Over the past five years, Moore's holdings have "included such evil pharmaceutical and medical companies as Pfizer, Merck, Genzyme, Elan PLC, Eli Lilly, Becton Dickinson and Boston Scientific," writes Schweizer, whose earlier works include "The Bushes" and "Reagan's War."

"Moore's supposedly nonexistent portfolio also includes big bad energy giants like Sunoco, Noble Energy, Schlumberger, Williams Companies, Transocean Sedco Forex and Anadarko, all firms that 'deplete irreplaceable fossil fuels in the name of profit' as he put it in ‘Dude, Where's My Country?'

"And in perhaps the ultimate irony, he also has owned shares in Halliburton. According to IRS filings, Moore sold Halliburton for a 15 percent profit and bought shares in Noble, Ford, General Electric (another defense contractor), AOL Time Warner (evil corporate media) and McDonald's.
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/11/3/150518.shtml

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Maybe you should present your case instead adding nothing. I like the fact that Moore challenged CNN. Isn't this the network in which a lot of righties slam? I don't know if Moore's account is accurate, but I do know that there are countless hidden agendas in the system and am happy to have people like Moore present his case.

5. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yes righties slam CNN. But even with their left slant, Blitzer criticised Moore for the way he portayed things in the 9-11 flick. Moore seems to think becasue the war has been disasterous that he is owed should an appolgy by Blitzer. How the war turned out has nothing to do with Blitzers criticism. Why do lefties endorse everything that bashes the administration, truthfull or not that comes down the pike? Moore was being asked questions about Sicko but all he wanted to do is play gottcha becasue he thinks the war going bad proves he had a right to lie in the 9-11 farse

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

I'm glad also, didn't Cindy Sheehan do the same thing to the whole Left Wing Democratic Party.
    Good For Them, Sheehan & Sh!t Belly Moore showed them up for what they really are "PHONY"S".

GOD IS GREAT
    DEATH TO AMERICA
    STONE THE INFEDELS TO DEATH
    DEATH TO THE GREAT SATAN HOLLYWOOD
    F-CK DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME AND HEALTH CARE

7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,586 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

For once I agree with you.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

"Mr. Moore, we've concluded that some of your facts in Sicko are inaccurate"

F-you...IRAAAAAAQ!

Well you certainly have proven our findings wrong Mr Moore. Thanks. :rolleyes:

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

just so we're all clear what you're talking about, what exactly do you believe he "lied" about in Fahrenheit?

10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

its funny in a way to watch CNN skew the facts and lie, and have Michael Moore come on and slam them directly after.

Facts are facts, and his documentaries (although skewed in opinion) never lie about the statistics.

Farenheit 9-11 will be shown to journalism students years from now about how this generation of newscasters were pu$$ies....

The reporters are the ones who let us down, they are the ones who let this administration lie us into a war.....they and congress didn't do their (to quote Emmit Smith) G-O-B Jobs!

11. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

We both know that is a never ending pissing contest. It's been gone over and over and over. Wolf Blitzer among many others belive it and i'm sure you and many famous people believe the opposit. Suffice it to say that even some of the biggest Bush haters around concede Moore is tricky and misleading with his data.

12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

He's an entertainer............... and a talented one. I watched the CNN thing and came away with a case of the giggles. Wolf look flummoxed and I thought MM's head was gonna explode. Great and very calculated entertainment. WAAAAAAAY more effective than another dumb interview. Don't get me wrong, he's passionately political, but first and foremost, he's in it for the jack, and all that comes with it.

Do you honestly think that a guy that has all this heath concern for the overall state of our national health care system and the overall health of our country, would at the same time, take absolutely NO INTREST in his own. It makes no sense. It's another controversial docudrauma, and who can blame him, he's done so well on the last few.

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's amazing... whenever you ask for a specific and undeniable lie about Fahrenheit, you never truly get an answer... it's like asking someone where the law is written that you have to pay federal income taxes... they never answer that question either... well, because there isn't one...

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah yes... the Fox talking point that Moore is fat, thus he should never have made the film... of course... and certainly, he's faking his concern for the overall state of national health care simply to make money on his film... :rolleyes:

nevermind that he's acknowledged his own health problems in several recent interviews (including Maher), and vowed to be make a concerted effort of living healthier...

anyhow, you're right about one thing... he has "done so well on the last few"... millions upon millions of people pay to see his work because they know something is wrong with white, corporate-elite America...

can't wait for 9/11.5 ... let the righty spin begin!!

15. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Moore is the most honest man in the world. He is completely fair showing all sides of the issues because he has no agenda. His only goal is to present his research that was gathered in the most open and honest way so that the average citizen can make up their own minds about what it all means. The only thing standing in his way is the wide spread right wing media that is completely unfair to this poor slightly overweight patriot. He is truely a saint. Anyone that doesn't agree with everything in his documentary is a war enthusiast and has the blood of 3600 soldiers on their hands. Fox news should be silenced and conservative talk radio should be banned. Anyone who disagrees with me on this post will be put on my ignore list because they are nothing but P'sOS.

Is that good enough for you?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Once more for the for people who need a refresher. :rolleyes:

It's my opinion, am I not entitled to it? Even us stupid people get those do we not, or did the dark lord take those away too?

p.s. would you like me to pm you to let you know when I post something, so you can go right to it to spew your ever-present counter-drivel. It'll save you a little search time. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

Hey, we only have one State Trooper guarding a 150 mile stretch of coast in Oregon. When you go to his office, the phone doesn't work.

18. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You don't think that his entire movie (or at least most of it) won't be "lefty" spin?

19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

See the way a message board works is one person says something and then anyone who wishes to responds to it. Just because you've broadcasted your opinion doesn't mean everyone else shuts up. What you're thinking of is called a blog. You might try asking the site owner to set aside a bit of his website for your own personal blog, but he'll likely say no.

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Michael Moore has been known to have Bowel Movements in Wal Mart Dumpsters.