PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video emerges of Saints' Junior Galette striking woman with belt; NFL aware of incident per sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/06/2013_video_emerges_of_saints_j.html

1. CH99zdYXAAAzHWo.png

CH99zpzWsAA078o.png

This other dude is dumping out his Hennessy on the woman.

Last edited:
  1. Not the NFL's business
  2. From back in 2013, so not timely

from feb

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports coach Sean Payton has "expressed a desire" to release RE Junior Galette.

The Saints just signed Galette to a four-year, $41.5 million extension in September. He went on to post 10 sacks and three forced fumbles after a 12-sack campaign in 2013. But Galette, 27 next month, got into some hot water with the law after the season, as he was arrested for domestic violence and simple battery before later being accused of sexual assault. Galette is due a fully-guaranteed $12.5 million roster bonus next month that the Saints will have to pay. They'd gain nothing by releasing him.

from feb

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports coach Sean Payton has "expressed a desire" to release RE Junior Galette.

The Saints just signed Galette to a four-year, $41.5 million extension in September. He went on to post 10 sacks and three forced fumbles after a 12-sack campaign in 2013. But Galette, 27 next month, got into some hot water with the law after the season, as he was arrested for domestic violence and simple battery before later being accused of sexual assault. Galette is due a fully-guaranteed $12.5 million roster bonus next month that the Saints will have to pay. They'd gain nothing by releasing him.

So why is the NFL punishing Peterson, Rice, Hardy and ignoring this guy?
I've lost track of what they have done about Ray McDonald but I'm sure it is inconsistent.

1) I don't mind reading about this, but I personally don't need to see half a dozen photos of an NFL player beating up a woman to believe it happens. Also, the players were beating up women on their own time.

2) The unusual story here is that the Patriots allowed a part-time employee to use the bathroom in the middle of his job before the game, and also did not monitor his text messages to learn he called himself "deflater" in one text message six months earlier. He even admitted to going to the bathroom and was caught on camera, as well. Although he never mentioned deflating footballs before or after that text message, joking about anything that could be twisted to imply that a plan was underway to undermine the rules is against the competitive spirit of the game, itself a rule.

I’m surprised Goodell's punishment is so lenient given the circumstances. The employee did not show remorse for using the bathroom. And his guilt did not stop him in the second-half, when he once again carried the balls to the field alone after the half-time psi adjustment, too (though this time, did not use the bathroom.)

Last edited:
Didn't a woman get beat with a belt in that box office killing 50 shades of gray? I don't understand this country...

Now here's the interesting part. Does anyone make a big deal about this if it was just the guy being struck with the belt? Double standard alert!

But I must say this is excellent, just another opportunity for the corrupt NFL* to show how corrupt they truly are. :)

Now here's the interesting part. Does anyone make a big deal about this if it was just the guy being struck with the belt? Double standard alert!

But I must say this is excellent, just another opportunity for the corrupt NFL* to show how corrupt they truly are. :)

Goodell can take himself down just fine, rather not see people get beat to set the stage for it.

Agreed. Domestic abuse goes both ways. In that case, the NFL player is the victim.

With that said, a 260 lb man striking a woman with a belt is disgusting.

In his heart of hearts, Goodell does not want these people in the NFL. The problem is that his duties to the owners cloud his judgement and ability to execute. Compound that with his and his staff's incompetence and clumsiness and it's a situation that will never be addressed gracefully...ever.

The first half of the video looked like a bunch of people were attacking him. What a mess

Goodell can take himself down just fine, rather not see people get beat to set the stage for it.

The beating was going to happen anyways bud. And the NFL* are ok with it. Nothing comes in front of money. NFL acts like it values morality above money but they don't. They were only reactive towards the wifebeater because the outcry which would have cost the NFL money not because they care about the morality. If the NFL had it their way they'd cover up all the wifebeatings, child beatings, rape, etc. It's bad business for the public to know about them. Money over morality is the NFL* 's moto. And it's not a joke, it's seriously true.

Um, Brawl starts for reason or reasons before filming started. He starts out out numbered and surrounded. It is hard to tell but it looks like 4 guys vs. him. He uses his belt to get a range advantage and keep from being mobbed. Woman, clear from "other" side approaches him after he has started using the belt and fight is in progress. He hits her.
Alternative is he lets her close the distance and grab his arm for the second the "other" guys needed to close and beat him to a pulp.
If a guy is out numbered in a brawl and is using a belt and you get hit by him using his belt your lack of a penis is irrelevant.

I don't see a problem here. Its not like he "probably more than not" , allegedly, maybe, allowed somebody to let the atmosphere decrease the pressure of a football to a minuscule amount.

In his heart of hearts, Goodell does not want these people in the NFL
His behavior before and after the Rice/Peterson fiascos don't support this idea. He might not like the black-eye the NFL gets, but he certainly relishes in the opportunity to display his power in making examples of players (not owners). The way this ****bag throws around terms like "integrity of the game" while dispensing injustices is a pretty clear indication that this guy doesn't give a **** about anything besides himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes