Welcome to PatsFans.com

Video: British Soldiers Beat Teenage Iraqis

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Oct 19, 2006.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where are all the I support the troops threads with videotaped/youtube'd footage of them doing good?

I thought the left really cared about the soldiers?

They are quick to cry "Vietnam" but yet the main correlation to Vietnam is how the left views them. They just stop short of meeting them at the airport to spit on them and call them babykiller.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'm not sure we will ever see a lot of footage of Soldiers doing good deeds in Iraq.

I'm pretty sure if the soldiers were building schools, planting flowers, restoring the water and electricity in Iraq....the propoganda machine would be showing you that. The problem is that reporting from Iraq is much more dangerous than the vietnam conflict. And the honest truth is that there isn't a lot of 'good' happening there at all. I've stopped troops I've seen in the airports and thanked them. I don't think that even the far lefties in this country don't support the troops as much as they feel bad for them.

These people are asked to defend, attack, kill, and follow orders. Eventually, things get bad.....after all....its a war.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

Thanks for throwing soldiers under the bus without know what the background of the video was.

BTW soldiers are building schools restoring electricity and restoring hospitals. US soldiers have even paid for medical treatment for Iraqi children out of their own pockets. The media doesn't publicize these everyday occurances, because it doesn't fit thier US denigrating storyline. Too bad you choose to be uninformed about our troops activities.

5. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This thread is about the attached video and from what I see, it does not look like the Iraqi teens are exactly exchanging pleasantries with the soldiers to begin with and to think that we are welcome there is naive at best.

The only thing that is more disturbing is the narrator who sounds like he is having the big O watching it.

As to our soldiers, they are just following orders but
    there are those giving candy to the little kids and there are those who are raping and killing them.

I certainly hope (and believe) that the latter are the minority by far.

As to the media not publicizing the good deeds of our soldiers, I don't think for a second that FOX would not have jumped on the chance, that is if they had the chance.

The fact that they are not showing anything means that there simply is not much good going on to show.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Video: British Soldiers Beat Teenage Iraqis

Video: Muslim Terrorists Shoot Squealing British women in the head (TV)
    Video: Muslim Terrorists Cut mans head off (TV)
    Video: Muslim Terrorists Cut mans head off, burn body, hang body on bridge,
    Video: Muslim Terrorists Attack America kill 3000 humans in two hours:
    Video: Muslim Saddams men throw man off roof while mans children watch.
    Video: Muslim Saddam gasses little children
    Video: Bush destroys Saddam, Saddam hides in rat hole like all rats do
    Video: Al Boob Gore Loses
    Video: John Fonda Kerry Loses
    Video: Democrats go nuts :singing:

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

I've seen a different spin on this, from different sources, that a major reason that the reporters are not in the field and reporting more of this info is because of the inherent danger. They have had to rely more and more on Iraqi film crews, read somewhere that this conflict, or whatever it is called, has had a very high rate of casualties for reporters.

No one doubts the good going on here by the troops, however the issue is it is unsafe for our reporters to spread the news. But as in everything bad news sells whether it is by a right wing source or a left wing source, "Is the head dead yet"?

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Abba Dabba Dog Leash Video:
    Great Video for Bush Haters and the Blame America crowd of imbecile loons (Pelosi/Kennedy) gang.

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Why is it so dangerous for the reporters? Could it be because of the savegry of radicals? In most wars the press was granted a certain protection from both sides of a given conflict. Obviously, the primitive barbarity of the savage, but peaceful ;) , radical islamic does not hold that same unwritten rule in high regard. The fact of the matter is that the journalists are scared ****less cuz even the VC didn't behead, kidnap, bomb, shoot, or target them. What happens now is that the MSM sits in the Green Zone, pays Iraqi's (insurgents probably since they can get close to the action and not fear for their lives) to do the reporting for them. If you want to know what is going on in Iraq, read soldier and IRaqi blogs. You'll get the good, the bad, and the ugly that way.

As for our troops, there are 140,000 soldiers in Iraq, involved in a war. If 1,000 of them were immoral and criminal, that would mean that .008% would be bad apples. Look at your local police force. If your police force had 140,000 cops, how many bad apple stories would you expect to be in the news? Oh, and last I checked those cops wouldn't have been involved in a war.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

I dunno, but for me it is a little simpler, we are on their soil, we are occupying their country, we have done some things we should not have done, there is an inherent conflict between the Christian and Muslim world, we are viewed as invaders... need more. In their mind they are fighting for their way of life, if we were taken over by a Muslim country I would assume we would react the same way, I know I would.

11. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You will have a heck of a time explaining that one to the father of the Iraqi girl who was gang raped by soldiers. Wait, you can't, because they killed him, too.

No one can honestly expect the Iraqis who are under occupation, to show understanding that a tiny fraction of soldiers are bad apples.

By the way, on this video, it was not a minority but the whole bunch, not one of them was trying to stop the autrocity.

The bottom line is we are on their soil and they (naturally) do not want us there. Resentment is going to grow daily, not diminish, thus leaving our troops more and more in harm's way.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Did I in anyway justify the aweful actions of soldiers? My only point was that bad people will do bad things and in an Army of 140,000 these stories are a given reality.