Welcome to PatsFans.com

Victory for NAACP also a victory for the Tea Party?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

While some fringe members of the Tea Party live in denial of (or secret support for) racism in their movement, the National Tea Party Federation finally took a brave step after the NAACP condemned the movement for its tolerance of racists and urged them to take responsibility.

Yesterday, the Tea Party took a bold step by announcing it would "suspend and immediately expel Tea Party Express from any further association with the Federation should they fail to publicly rebuke Mark Williams and remove him from their ranks by 3 pm eastern time Saturday July 17."

press room

Congratulations to those Tea Party leaders who showed the courage to listen to the NAACP and stand up to the people in their ranks who would deny that racism exists in the face of a substantial body of evidence.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I second that congratulations!! Good for them and shame on The Tea Party Express who refused to comply with their request.

edited to add: Hopefully the web site of The National Tea Party Federation will catch up to their announcement and remove The Tea Party Express from their list of affiliates.

http://www.thenationalteapartyfederation.com/Membership_List.html

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 16 / -9

LOL... I'll say congratulations, but not without a reference to Chris Rock's routine, about "taking credit for things you're supposed to do." It's sad that the bar's so low that this common-sense repudiation merits congratulations, but in the current context it sure as heck does. They had a right choice and a wrong choice, and they picked right. Good for them.

PFnV

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

I, Harry Boy Do Hereby Publicly Condem In The Face Of God And Country All Of The Racists In America Who Voted For Our Current President Based Solely On The Color Of His Skin.

Tea Party Racism:
    I, Harry Boy Do Also Publicly Condem The Congressional Black Caucus, The Black Police Patrolmans Assoc, The Black Panthers And The TV Station BET As Racist Public Groups.

RACISM IS A TWO WAY STREET
    Racism Is Alive And Well In America.

5. Patters

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

Harry, I think you're mixing up ethnic pride and racism. African-Americans had their national identities taken away from them in the time of slavery. They cannot have Kenyan pride or Nigerian pride or Ethiopian pride. All they know about their heritage is that they are African. So, like Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, Jewish-Americans, and others, blacks have African-American pride and like other groups they have a variety of political and cultural organizations. Racism is not about pride in ones heritage, it's about mistreatment of someone else because of their heritage.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

The mention and using of "Skin Color" is racist.

Slavery;
    A terrible wrong that has been righted and it wasn't just "bad bad america" that did it most cultures all over the world at one time or another did it, that was then this is now.

The selling of human beings is deplorable and inhuman, The Africans SOLD their own people to the Slave Traders of the world.

Don't blame todays America for slavery Blame yesterdays America.

Irish American Patrolmans Assoc
    Black Patrolmans Assoc
    (the word black makes it racist)

7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 16 / -9

Patters, I salute your optimistic spirit, but I don't think that one's going to get through in Harry's world. But I am not a mindreader, of course. Perhaps after some studied consideration he may recognize the distinction. And perhaps monkeys will fly out of my nether regions LOL

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

I agree with much of what Patters said "AFRICAN" that is the word that should be used "NOT BLACK"

Read Slowly
    African Patrolmas Assoc
    African Caucus
    African American Club
    AET (tv sta)
    THAT WOULD BE FINE, NO SKIN COLOR, NO RACISM.

:bricks:

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Furthermore
    How long do you think these outfits would last in todays Politically Correct Race Happy America

"White Patrolmans Assoc"
    "White American Club"
    "White Caucus"
    "WET" (tv sta)

They would be thrown out of the country before they opened their doors.

10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 16 / -9

Harry, the point Patters was making was that in this context, "Irish" is the equivalent of "Black" or "African American". "White" is not. "White pride" and "White power" and "White history" only has currency by opposition to and in reaction to "Black" groups - which treat the special circumstances of being Black in America, just as an "Irish", "Italian," or "Jewish" group deal with those special circumstances.

It's beyond optimistic to think you're going to "get it" in your lifetime, whether you're 90 or 30.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Why not use "African" just as we use "Irish"?

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

We have them Harry. We have Hibernian Halls, country clubs, Anti-Defamation League, Masons, churches, and other groups that typically honor a celebrate a specific white heritage. Have you have been to a Hibernian Hall Party? it's all white. Not because it's racist, but because of ethnic pride. Blacks were defined by racists as black. There culture even today is considered black culture. That's the only ethnic identity they have.

They were given that ethnic identity by the white man, who intentionally split up families and tribes so that new slaves would be unable to communicate with each other and plot uprisings. In fact, when you talk of African slavery, you're ignoring the fact that the white man dealt with African crooks to get slaves and that in many African societies slavery was very different than it was here (though primitive and bad); slaves would eat and live with the family. It was not the sort of torture that the west used. More than one third of the millions of slaves died on the boats that brought them here. For the ride over, they were chained in spaces that were not much bigger than caskets. That is the heritage of African-Americans. Do you really think they should walk away from that, when remnants of it existed right up until the 1960s?

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Yes those groups are all White but they wouldn't dare use the word "White"

What would the reaction to this one be "White Hibernian Hall"

White
    Black
    Using those words is Racism.

14. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +432 / 8 / -4

Pity the white Christian male -- barely has a chance in America today.

Harry, did you ever consider the possibility that one reason "white" isn't used in those groups' names -- aside from the fact that they are centered on their ethnicity, not race -- is that groups that celebrated their "pride" in being white have tended to be populated by racist as*holes?

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Just to add to the confusion......

Mark Williams is now saying that The Tea Party Federation is, well, that it's nothing. The group is a nothing and it's spokesperson is a bigger nothing. (And a fathead, to boot.)

He's also saying that The Federation is being shunned by himself and "many other" Tea Party groups because they have "set back" relations between Mark Williams, The "real" Tea Partiers and (I think) the NAACP, Geraldo Rivera and Al Sharpton.

From Mark Williams' blog:

Apparently I have offended some self-anointed tea party “leader”, a guy named Webb from a fringe tea party like group that calls itself the “Federation”.

By way of background, the National Tea Party Federation is a collection of individuals who do the bulk of the lobbying and organizing of tea party events for around 40 of the thousands of groups active locally and nationally. The Tea Party Express was among the original signers and the intent was that the “federation” would act as a central clearing house to mount factual responses to smears and attacks such as the one we are now enduring.

However I have never personally been a member of the Tea Party Federation. Unfortunately that reasonable and limited coalition has been hijacked by ambitious individuals and now the “Federation” sees its intended rapid response role as a mandate to regulate tea party “dogma” according to their own selfish ends and sit in final judgement of what individual tea partiers think and say. It is for that reason that the Tea Party Express has joined many other tea party groups in shunning the “Federation”.

Tea Party Federation outburst sets us all back MarkTalk.com News & Commentary

16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +255 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's ok for groups to celebrate their pride in being black but not ok for groups to celebrate their pride in being white? Seriously is there a group of white people that celebrated their being white or ever admitted they voted for say Bill Clinton for example because he was white that wouldn't be called racist?

I understand it though. I worked with a couple of black guys that were otherwise Pats fans who wanted the Eagles to win because Mcnabb was a black quarterback. They weren't the least bit shy about admitting it. I say so what? I get that. I just don't think a white guy in Philly would get away with saying he wanted the Patriots to win because Tom Brady is white…..not without some kind of racist guilt trip laid on him that is.

Lets face it, there are a lot of racists in some white groups but at the same time admit the same racism occurs in black groups too

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

The liberal can't or won't understand what you just posted, my thoughts are they don't want to understand it, they don't even like to think about it to them Racism Is A White Disease.

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

Irish American Club
    Polish American Club
    Franco American Club
    German American Club
    Asian America Club
    Hibernian Club

WET is anyting on NBC, CBS or NBC and most other networks.. no need to preface it, just watch it.

White Caucus is redundant 75 of the 535 are minority.. about 14%

Did you know that the 43 black members in Congress, none are Republican
    Did you know that of the 26 hispanic members in Congress 6 are Republican
    Did you know that of the 6 Asian Americans in Congress 1 is Republican

19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +255 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sounds like there needs to be some affirmative action taken.:rolleyes:

WET is divisive. So is BET. Is this kind of stuff what Martin Luther King had in mind? That's a serious question

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

Not sure you can roll your eyes in the first sentence and then ask a serious question..

Stand alone maybe, but it was in response to Harry's question.. keep it in context it makes more sense.