Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vick will play 2 drives, Crumpler won't play

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Aug 10, 2006.

1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Good. Schaub will be a more well-rounded test for the defense.
  3. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rumor has it that Vick is dealing with a tweaked hammy.

Poor baby.

Vick's take:

4. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I hope we can take vick out early.I do agree with the last post on saying that Schaub is a more rounded quarterback in the fact that he is more prone to staying in the pocket and not taking off running like a little girl.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2005
  5. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Is that in bold because we are supposed to think it is a bad thing that Vick hates the preseason because he watches the game and doesn't play?

Do you think Tom Brady or any competitive player feels differently about standing there watching?

Veterans all hate the preseason.
  6. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, but how many veteran starting quarterbacks are still "trying to learn the system" in the team they've been with in their entire career?

As lately as last season, the AJC quoted Jim Mora Jr as saying that about his starter. There is lots of ongoing pressure in ATL by "true" Falcons fans (of which there are not many) to make Schaub the starter.
  7. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmm.... I kinda wish Crumpler would play, especially in the preseason. He killed us last year. You know BB was been scheming on covering TE's and I wonder who on our 1st team defense would cover him? Almost every good TE did a lot of damage against us (Gonzalez, D Clark Gates).
  8. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

And some not-so-good ones. Zach Hilton comes to mind.
  9. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I remember Kris Mangum hurdling down the field on us. TE's are becoming the emphasis for a lot of teams, and I'd like to see the plan we have.
  10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I imagine Brady will play around 2 drives as well. This will quickly become all about the Matt's. It will be interesting to see whose Matt gets the best spin coming out of this one. Although given the relative importance of each this season it's likely both will be out shortly into the third quarter. Will be interesting to see which one of Bramlet/Mortenson gets the nod first after that and how they respond to live game action With an NFLE season under his belt Mortenson should look more the part and if he doesn't I imagine he'll quckly become odd man out come September.
  11. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I always thought Schaub would be traded in the offseason. I thought some team would make an offer to the Falcons that would blow them away (a second or maybe even a first round pick) I guess it shows how much the Falcons think of Vick's durability.
  12. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +753 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Vick is a child who cares about his own comfort more than anything. Did you see him wrapped up on the sidelines during that game in Chicago last year? You could tell he was more worried about keeping warm than winning the game. I don't think anyone takes football very seriously in Atlanta, including the fans. To them, it's all about "having fun" and looking good doing it; winning is secondary. The Falcons are more suited to the NBA than the NFL.
  13. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I believe that the Falcons were offered a late first round pick for Schaub. They turned it down. They're still not sold on Vick's future as quarterback down there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2005
  14. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +224 / 20 / -10

Matt Schaub is a future starting NFL QB. If the Falcons have any brains it will be for them. He wil be the Bart Starr to Ron Mexicos's version of Paul Hornung.

But chances are they are stupid and will continue to play Vick and he will pile up 50-60 yards a game rushing. And as a QB, will have a tough time completing 50% of his passes or surpassing 100 yards a game passing either. HOF credentials for a QB, Yessiree.

Facing Schaub without second and third stringers will be a test.