PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick to the Fins???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the point of drafting Pat White if they are just gonna go after Vick...this will never actually happen...

Because Vick can make plays with his legs that no other QB in NFL history has been able to, and White's never done a thing on the NFL level? :confused2:

Puke or celebrate ? I think the Pats, over the years, have been burned by Pennington WAY more than Vick.

On a somewhat related matter, what is the obsession with dog killers ? No one seems to be protesting over human killers (Stallworth). Maybe it's just because I hate domestic animals, but something seems wrong when Vick is so maligned and others get by...

huh :confused: ..????...

Because Vick can make plays with his legs that no other QB in NFL history has been able to, and White's never done a thing on the NFL level? :confused2:

You're right, but the Dolphins used a 2nd round pick in White, you don't make that kind of pick a waste before at least seeing what he can do. Plus, they already have a good QB (Pennington) and their QB of the future (Henne).

I don't see that happening.

Well the Dolphins were so lucky on the success of Vick's brother that they drafted years ago that I guess they want to see an even more talented player on these bloodlines :rolleyes:

There are many in the NFL who have assaulted and killed people. Vick had Rotwilers fight for sport and killed the weak and losers. Would we feel the same if he supported ****fighting? Why not?

Vick deserves the same second chance that have been given to many other thugs.

With regard to team, Miami is a natural home for Vick.

I agree that Stallworth is NOT a good comparison. Those who beat their girlfriends or wives IS a good comparison.

I hate it when people try to rationalize Vick's behavior -- "Well, it was ONLY dogs, ONLY the weak and losers. Vick DESERVES a second chance," etc., etc. F*ck that. Vick is a sociopath. I hope he goes to Miami, let them deal with all the controversy around that lowlife.

I seem to remember this being an issue sometime last year :O

I'm in the camp that Vick should be able to play considering Leonard Little got drunk, killed a mother in a DUI, and was so remorseful and had so learned his lesson that he turned around and got another DUI a couple years later, yet he still has earned millions thank to the NFL.

But I'm not sure "many in the NFL have assaulted and killed people." ???

Little's the only one I can think of.
There was this one guy named after a breakfast beverage...........

I think what we are all forgetting is that Vick was a horrible qb who couldnt learn a system, and is coming off a 2 year layoff....so good things there. Also in intelligence I rank him right between vince young and kordell stewart.

There was this one guy named after a breakfast beverage...........

Did they let him play afterwards and I missed it??

Ray Lewis was obviously somehow complicit in a death, but even the trigger man walked. He's kept his nose clean since. Many of these players come from violent backgrounds they struggle to rise above.

The difference with Vick was intent. And not just on the days he fought or drowned or electricuted or body slammed dogs to death. He never intended to assimilate into the world of money and responsibility. He had many mentors like Andrew Young who tried to counsel him to no avail. He deliberately undertook to establish an illegal business enterprise off the field that violated state and federal laws and was totally funded by his on the field NFL earnings. And when his activities were exposed he lied repeatedly to the man who paid him millions to be the face of an NFL franchise, to the commissioner of the league in which he played, to state and federal investigators and to everyone who ever fawned over his overhyped athleticism.

And people wonder why Marcus never made it. This was his role model and mentor...

And anyone who believes Michael has done anything more than feign remorse for the damage done to anyone other than Michael Vick need only follow his meandering, delusion riddled bankrupcy proceedings...

And another Vick thread goes to the dogs.

If Vick plays this year (which is in doubt), I doubt he will be in football shape. It may take him an entire season to get that way and his top speed may be gone forever. I would say it would take him a while to get used to reading defenses again, but when was he ever able to read defenses in the first place.

Personally, I am not worried about him going to the Fins. If he becomes their primary QB, he will not be all that effective and hinder the progress of their young receivers (see Roddy White and how he has transitioned from a first round bust to one of the league's better receivers the last two years after Vick left). I was never a fan of Vick because he was a lot of excitement, but he was a limited QB whose production didn't really match his excitement or hype.

I remember when the Pats played against him several years back and I think Vrabel saying that when they studied film on him that they laughed because he ran the same 4 plays over and over again. My guess is because he couldn't handle a full playbook.

The difference with Vick was intent. And not just on the days he fought or drowned or electrocuted or body slammed dogs to death. He never intended to assimilate into the world of money and responsibility. He had many mentors like Andrew Young who tried to counsel him to no avail. He deliberately undertook to establish an illegal business enterprise off the field that violated state and federal laws and was totally funded by his on the field NFL earnings. And when his activities were exposed he lied repeatedly to the man who paid him millions to be the face of an NFL franchise, to the commissioner of the league in which he played, to state and federal investigators and to everyone who ever fawned over his overhyped athleticism.

And people wonder why Marcus never made it. This was his role model and mentor...

And anyone who believes Michael has done anything more than feign remorse for the damage done to anyone other than Michael Vick need only follow his meandering, delusion riddled bankruptcy proceedings...

Well said, Mo. People like Vick, Vick's enablers/handlers, and apologists who claim he "only made a mistake" and deserves a second chance, represent humanity at its darkest and most ignorant. There's a difference between being "a young man making a wrong choice" and criminally perpetrating calculated evil in deliberate fashion over an extended period of time, then lying about it.

Well said, Mo. People like Vick, Vick's enablers/handlers, and apologists who claim he "only made a mistake" and deserves a second chance, represent humanity at its darkest and most ignorant. There's a difference between being "a young man making a wrong choice" and criminally perpetrating calculated evil in deliberate fashion over an extended period of time, then lying about it.

This really needs to go to either a political thread or to the practice squad.

Last edited:
Did they let him play afterwards and I missed it??

Ray Lewis was obviously somehow complicit in a death, but even the trigger man walked. He's kept his nose clean since. Many of these players come from violent backgrounds they struggle to rise above.

The difference with Vick was intent. And not just on the days he fought or drowned or electricuted or body slammed dogs to death. He never intended to assimilate into the world of money and responsibility. He had many mentors like Andrew Young who tried to counsel him to no avail. He deliberately undertook to establish an illegal business enterprise off the field that violated state and federal laws and was totally funded by his on the field NFL earnings. And when his activities were exposed he lied repeatedly to the man who paid him millions to be the face of an NFL franchise, to the commissioner of the league in which he played, to state and federal investigators and to everyone who ever fawned over his overhyped athleticism.

And anyone who believes Michael has done anything more than feign remorse for the damage done to anyone other than Michael Vick need only follow his meandering, delusion riddled bankrupcy proceedings...

They let Pacman play and his actions left a guy in a wheelchair.

I am not a Vick fan or supporter. I am a dog owner who thinks Vick's actions were despicable, but he shouldn't be excluded from playing the NFL because of his crime when other players have done things just as despicable, if not worse, and are allowed to play again.

I just will choose to not root for any team that Vick plays for, buy any product he or the team he plays for endorses until I am completely convinced of his contrition.

Anyone remember Kevin Mack of the Browns, wasn't he arrested for intent to distribute cocaine?

"On June 28th 1989, Mack was arrested in Cleveland on three drug-related charges. On August 30th 1989, Mack pleaded guilty to using cocaine. He is currently the Assistant Director of Player Development for the Browns."

This really needs to go to either a political thread or to the practice squad.

They don't move posts to other threads and they don't do things here just because you, or I, wish they would...

Perhaps you should have directed your displeasure with the shift in focus up with the poster who initiated it or with mg, since he's the mod who backed the shift in this thread with a post of his own.

Of course you could also just try midol when the rest of voice opinions that cramp your style.

If Vick plays this year (which is in doubt), I doubt he will be in football shape. It may take him an entire season to get that way and his top speed may be gone forever. I would say it would take him a while to get used to reading defenses again, but when was he ever able to read defenses in the first place.

Personally, I am not worried about him going to the Fins. If he becomes their primary QB, he will not be all that effective and hinder the progress of their young receivers (see Roddy White and how he has transitioned from a first round bust to one of the league's better receivers the last two years after Vick left). I was never a fan of Vick because he was a lot of excitement, but he was a limited QB whose production didn't really match his excitement or hype.

I remember when the Pats played against him several years back and I think Vrabel saying that when they studied film on him that they laughed because he ran the same 4 plays over and over again. My guess is because he couldn't handle a full playbook.

Excellent post stating several of the reasons why I hope that the train wreck known as Michael Vick takes up a roster spot on the Phins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes