PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick to be suspended four games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vick was punished. Goodell's criteria is senseless, as it so often has been during his brief tenure.

I'm not championing Goddells decision making just saying that based upon the criteria that he has adopted, this makes some sense.
I think his punishment is designed to send a message, not so much fit the crime.

I know this puts me in a minority but I tend to agree with most of Goodell's decisions and I agree with this one also. I beleive he has come down hard on players that have not shown remorse or demonstrated that they will no longer be a part of the activities that got them in trouble.

I am no Vick fan, I wouldn't want him as my QB. Based on past stories, besides the dogs, I doubt I would like him as a person if we met. With that said I do not beleive he will do anything in the future that will further tarnish his name or the NFL. I would not see the point of a longer suspension. Who would it help? Would it send a message that has not already been sent? I think Vick's off field problems are behind him.

A player like Vick is good for football. He is exciting to watch and he brings about interesting debates. (Classic QB vs. Vick) People are going to tune in to see him play

I'm not championing Goddells decision making just saying that based upon the criteria that he has adopted, this makes some sense.
I think his punishment is designed to send a message, not so much fit the crime.

I was typing when you sent this. I agree 100%

1.) It punishes a currently non-existent team that might want Vick as a starter by making him ineligible for the position for 4 games. This leads to...

2.) It creates a possible QB controversy when Vick returns in 4 games.

1 + 2 limits the teams that Vick can go to for no good reason, since Vick has already spent time both away from the game and in the pokey.

For the first time in a long time i agree with you 100%. Vick missed two full seasons, what the hell is the point of making him miss four games? Goodell just trying to make his mark...again.

I gotta give you some credit because I thought the punishment was stupid seeing as he has served his time but you make a good point....Message sent not that messaged ever stop things from happening but its all about image just like politicians you don't want to percieved as soft on crime.

i like to see vick getting a 2nd chance

maybe some team will take a shot and bring him back as a sproles typle guy (not a qb)

Vick should not be allowed to play football no eariler than 2010...

Reasons being beside he is a thug and sucks in the nfl.

1 Lying to the comish

2 testing positive for Marijuana- Some of Vick's homies in the media tend to forget which should automatically require a 4 game ban...because it has to be his second offense..

3 Just the whole incident in general..

I would love nothing to have this thug be out of the leauge forever ,because no matter what people say he wont get it...

If you want me to be objective a 4-8 game or sit out 2010 to prove your a man of charachter..

The Raiders, they need to sell tickets.

Wouldn't signing Vick stop certain people from buying tickets? I can't see a reason why someone would have more of a desire to go to a game with him playing.

Why not Buffalo? T.O seems to be championing his cause.

Someone out of nowhere like Cleveland might give him a call...they need a QB and they like to run the wildcat so they could be strong contenders...

What happened to Brady Quinn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back