PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick accepts plea deal [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vick accepts plea deal

I completely agree with you man, and might I add OJ who appears to gotten nothing!

Oh and ban or not Vick isn't gonna play in the NFL, no way any team signs him.!

I'll take that bet. Atlanta releases Vick, he does 12-18 months and you can count on teams calling him. If Gruden is still with the Bucs, I'd give you odds thats where he'll end up. Right now, everyone is emotional, and justifiably so, but like when Albert had his kinky YES all over the front pages and he was fired, I knew he'd be back, and so will Vick (unless the commish bans him after he's done his time). Count on it.

If he comes back, so what. He's not going to any Superbowls and he'll be harassed in opposing teams' stadiums for the rest of his sorry career. And after 12-18 months in jail, I doubt he's the same athlete.

I'll take that bet. Atlanta releases Vick, he does 12-18 months and you can count on teams calling him. If Gruden is still with the Bucs, I'd give you odds thats where he'll end up. Right now, everyone is emotional, and justifiably so, but like when Albert had his kinky YES all over the front pages and he was fired, I knew he'd be back, and so will Vick (unless the commish bans him after he's done his time). Count on it.

I'll take that bet. Vick is closer to OJ than Marv Albert. Last time I checked, OJ isn't getting any movie or TV deals anymore (at least not ones that are cancelled because of public outrage).

Even at the time, Albert's case was treated more of a joke by the public than with outrage like VIck's case is getting. People focused on Albert being a cross dresser and is into kinky sex like back biting.

PETA is protesting the Falcons and PETA is an organization that doesn't forgive and forget these things. Any team that signs Vick is guaranteed protests outside the stadium on every home game. They will also will put public pressure on any business advertising with that team to pull out (and business have pulled out of advertising for much less). Vick isn't good enough of player (especially when he will be out of the game two plus years) to make a team want to endure public protests to have him under center.

Sorry there are some things owners won't touch and going up against PETA to acquire Vick's services is going to be too much. Albert didn't have any organized protests or boycotts when he returned. Vick most certainly will. That is a huge difference between the two cases. Teams will look the other way on a lot of things, but once there is public protests or boycotts of their sponsors they typically run for the hills.

Odds are far more likely that Vick has played his last game in the NFL.

If he comes back, so what. He's not going to any Superbowls and he'll be harassed in opposing teams' stadiums for the rest of his sorry career. And after 12-18 months in jail, I doubt he's the same athlete.

The best thing we could do for Vick would be to ignore him.

Ignore the stories, the press, all of it.

He is not newsworthy.

He wasn't an NFL quarterback before. What makes you think he'll metamorphasize into one, when he gets out of prison? He was a gifted runner with speed who played under center. Methinks it wasn't always his receivers' fault as we'll find out this year......

Goodell wasn't the commish when Little killed someone. Goodell wasn't commish when Muhammad beat his wife. Whatever the NFL does to Vick is Goodell's prerogative, and he doesn't have to be consistent with his predecessor.

Tags failed to do anything about Little. That was his prerogative. Goodell would have. He can't change what happened before he took over.

It could also be argued that past mistakes don't have to ensure future ones. The NFL screwed up with Little. They're not going to screw up when it comes to Vick. Little got lucky, Vick didn't.

Basically, cut the crap with all of this talk about Little. Things have changed. Change with them.

Thank you!

I strongly dislike Tags for a number of reasons, but his failure to deal with thugs like Little have to be at the top of the list.

What other multi-billion dollar international business under the intense microscope of the media and public opinon knowingly employees thugs and punks?

Goodell better cut this scum element right out of this business enterprise we call the NFL.

We have 8 year olds from sea to shining sea that want to emulate these football stars. It makes me sick that we can allow even one thug in this league that is paid for by OUR MONEY.

Folks, we are FINANCING this business with OUR MONEY.

Time to put our collective foot down, and I can't think of a better place to start than stamping out the Mr. Entitlement Animal Mass Murderer Experience.

He wasn't an NFL quarterback before. What makes you think he'll metamorphasize into one, when he gets out of prison? He was a gifted runner with speed who played under center. Methinks it wasn't always his receivers' fault as we'll find out this year......

I agree. That's why I chose the word athlete instead of QB....because he is athletically gifted. I don't think he will be the same athlete and he was always a less than average QB.

Some writer once described Michael Vick as "the running back who gets to throw the ball." It doesn't sound that far off.

... he was always a less than average QB.

This observation really underscores how clueless the rank-and-file Atlanta Falcons fans are. It was Vick's "flash" that put people in the seats there, but he never showed promise of taking the team to the next level. Of all the NFL franchises that might seem ripe for a move to Los Angeles, I'd vote for the Falcons.

This observation really underscores how clueless the rank-and-file Atlanta Falcons fans are. It was Vick's "flash" that put people in the seats there, but he never showed promise of taking the team to the next level. Of all the NFL franchises that might seem ripe for a move to Los Angeles, I'd vote for the Falcons.

Los Angeles does not want a football team.

I'll take that bet. Vick is closer to OJ than Marv Albert. Last time I checked, OJ isn't getting any movie or TV deals anymore (at least not ones that are cancelled because of public outrage).

Even at the time, Albert's case was treated more of a joke by the public than with outrage like VIck's case is getting. People focused on Albert being a cross dresser and is into kinky sex like back biting.

PETA is protesting the Falcons and PETA is an organization that doesn't forgive and forget these things. Any team that signs Vick is guaranteed protests outside the stadium on every home game. They will also will put public pressure on any business advertising with that team to pull out (and business have pulled out of advertising for much less). Vick isn't good enough of player (especially when he will be out of the game two plus years) to make a team want to endure public protests to have him under center.

Sorry there are some things owners won't touch and going up against PETA to acquire Vick's services is going to be too much. Albert didn't have any organized protests or boycotts when he returned. Vick most certainly will. That is a huge difference between the two cases. Teams will look the other way on a lot of things, but once there is public protests or boycotts of their sponsors they typically run for the hills.

Odds are far more likely that Vick has played his last game in the NFL.
You have a bet. Even with the new commissioner (unless Vick is banned for life or too many years) and his new policy on behavior, Vick will be signed by an NFL team. Like I mentioned, its devastating news today, but not in two years. There are many teams out there that have players who have done worst then Vick. How many teams would take a flyer on Ray Lewis? Darrell Russell was welcomed with open arms to the Bucs. His charges were dropped from rape and video tapping a woman who was drugged with GHB. The Patriots had no problems drafting Christian Peters. Yes, the waived him after public outcry and he went on to play with the Giants. Lawrence Phillips anyone, sure as long as he can carry the rock. Leonard Little only killed a women while drunk, and then drove drunk again. MAD couldn't keep him off the field. Am I missing anyone, you bet I am, its just that no names jump out because its business as usual in pro sports. Arthur Blank will most likely waive Vick due to the image Blanks wants for his football team (and he will take a beating by the die-hard Vick supporters), but there will be a number of teams that do not mind players who have criminal records or bottom feeding behavior.

Those other MAJAH LOSAHS don't have a pain in the butt group like PETA who will hound any franchise mercilessly that signs Vick. He's done for good. Even the stock in trade move of finding Jesus won't save him with the dog folks.

I just want to say I think people are overestimating PETA's power. PETA is a joke. I don't know anyone who takes them seriously. They can pressure advertisers, though most advertisers would rather be associated with the NFL than PETA.

If Vick is still reasonably young after jail and suspension, he will be given a chance by some team. Some fans will be outraged (but they won't be willing to give up football so outraging them is ok) and others will be drawn to Vick. I think people are ignoring a segment of the population which either doesn't see anything wrong with dogfighting, or thinks that Vick is a victim of "the man."

If Clinton Portis were a fan and not a player, do you think he'd still root for Vick? We already got that answer, and it's a frighteningly prevalent view.

I think people are ignoring a segment of the population which either doesn't see anything wrong with dogfighting, or thinks that Vick is a victim of "the man."

I hope its not a large portion because they are sick and twisted scum.:mad:

I just want to say I think people are overestimating PETA's power. PETA is a joke. I don't know anyone who takes them seriously. They can pressure advertisers, though most advertisers would rather be associated with the NFL than PETA.

Yah PETA is a moonbat fringe group but do not underestimate the image problem of a couple dozen moonbats protesting outside a stadium in today's video enriched faux news environment and taking out full page ads. The new commish is very concerned about the league's image, and rightly so. You do not jeapordize a multi-billion dollar business over one player.

Last edited:

Ya'll are giving PETA way too much credit. Your average NON-PETA card carrying fan is DISGUSTED with Mike Vick, it has nothing to do with crazy protesters and everything to do with Americans' love affair with their pets. It sounds great to say a human life is worth more than an animals, but truth be told most americans just feel for some reason worse when you hear of an innocent animal being tortured, may not be right but it's true. Mike Vick will never play a down in the NFL again, I have no doubt. This crime is just way too heinous for people to get over, and it is a crime and not a "mistake" as the talking heads keep referring to it. You don't mistakenly torture animals, you just don't :mad:

It isn't just PETA or even the Humane Society but many animal lovers..in 2-3 years Vick could rehab his image if he does the right things. I am not saying HE WILL..because so far he is so far in denial...but in time it might happen. I think he will get an indefinite suspension...see what changes in years.

There are certainly things that Michael could do to rehab his image in hopes of returning to the league. But his track record would indicate he's too stupid to do them at least well enough to impact widespread perception. It starts with surrounding himself with enablers. The league and the NFLPA had to push him to hire a top criminal lawyer because he and his toadies were blindsided by the indictment - they thought their $130M man was Teflon.

Those who are now playing the "mistake" card are just the wider part of that problem. As the guy on ESPN radio said a little while ago, a mistake is playfully pinching your sister in law on the ass because from behind she looked just like the wife. Vick didn't make A mistake. He exhibited a pattern of anti-social and illegal behavior that spanned his entire 6 year NFL career.

Mike may be a talented athlete, but he's a poor decision maker on and off the field. That's who he is and it's not going to change. Heck, he was warned about associations from the get go, by Reeves and Blank, yes'ed them to death and just went back to keepin' it real...Not many clubs looking for that at the helm of their franchise or even just leading an offense. And this will not be a decision made by some desperate GM or HC trying to han onto a job, or fueled by what teamates may say they want (just like McNabb wanted TO...). This will be an ownership decision whether it's made by one of the 31 individual owners he hasn't yet lied to personally or the commissioner they all hired to act on their behalf to whom he has already lied.

I wonder what kind of prison conditions Vick will encounter -- a minimum-security country club, a la Martha Stewart? Or, an honest-to-goodness penitentiary? His celebrity status probably will figure somewhere in this equation. Anyone recall what Mike Tyson's term involved?

Last edited:

-- a minimum-security country club, a la Martha Stewart?

Unfortunately this is where he will end up...:mad:

He will be with all the white collar criminals and he wont be being violated daily by a 300 pound man......Damnit.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes