PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vic Carucci and Power Rankings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverquick

On the Roster
Reaction score
I am new here, so I am not quite sure if this has been posted or not (or if its posted elsewhere on this forum), but I have always found power rankings to be particularly fun to make (although they are rather useless in reality). :cool:

Anyway, Vic's power rankings have us in #1, with the Colts trailing in the 2nd spot. Tennessee and GB are in his Top 10 while Seattle are reclaiming their positions near the top. I disagree with some of this. In my opinion, the Top 10 should be something like this:

1. New England Patriots- for more reasons than I can write here

2. Indianapolis Colts- hated as they may be, their offense still knows how to score points whilst the defense seems to have improved despite the loss of Cato June

3. Dallas Cowboys- perhaps its too early to call Romo great or judge the progress of their new coaching staff, but so far, Dallas seems to be on fire

4. Pittsburgh Steelers- they lost to the Cardinals, but every team loses some games. They still have all the tools to be great, and there is no reason to doubt them now, even after last weekend's game

5. Denver Broncos- I am a firm believer that teams should not be judged solely on their records this early in the season, and I still think the Broncs have enough both on defense and offense to be a very strong team.

6. Seattle Seahawks- Alexander has fallen off, but their defense is fast and dangerous, while Hasselbeck will in one way or another score points.

7. Green Bay Packers- I am surprised that they are 4-0, but without any form of running game, they will struggle eventually. Still, kudos to Farve.

8. Detroit Lions- they are here mainly by virtue of their impressive record, though I still doubt that they are consistent or mature enough to be a great team. Still, Kitna and that offense are very dangerous

9. Jacksonville Jaguars- their QB situation is not good, but they still have a good defense and eventually, Fred Taylor and Maurice Drew will wake up from their slumber. Dont sleep on this team.

10. Houston Texans- this young team has a lot of firepower on offense (especially when Andre gets back) and the young front seven can wreak havoc on opponents if they play to their potential. Suddenly, the AFC South looks competitive.

Sorry but Denver is horrid, barely beat Buf and Oak and got blown by Indy. Also I noticed no Tampa Bay they are better than people think. Also I would slide GB up a few.

Personnally, I don't care of those rankings (good or bad). It might be fun to comment them but on the long term, this is boring....

In other words, it means nothing.

I think each Pats fan should not go on high when they are # 1 and go down when they fall.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the interesting thread, Silverquick. Not sure I agree about Denver, but I do agree that power rankings need not be totally ruled by record. I know Denver will always scare me a little, no matter the success fluctuations from year to year.

Sorry but Denver is horrid, barely beat Buf and Oak and got blown by Indy. Also I noticed no Tampa Bay they are better than people think. Also I would slide GB up a few.

Even with Cadillac out for the season?

Of course Power Rankings dont mean much. They are ground in opinion, and opinions are not always ground in facts. But that is precisely what makes them useful for the matter of debate :D . They are a way for people to share their views on the strengths and weaknesses of other teams.

Anyway, I was almost certain that Denver would cause some contraversy. I agree that they have struggled mightily at the start of the season, but lets look at the team as a whole. They still have Mike Shannahan, one of the most consistent and hardnosed coaches in the NFL. Their running game is just as deadly as it has been in the past, and Travis Henry may be on his way to putting up Clinton Portis-style numbers. The defense may not be as stingy as it has been in the past, but they still have a lot of talent at LB and CB.

So I think its too early to write the Broncs off. IMO, they, like Indy, New England, Pittsburgh, etc. have won the right to be considered contenders until absolutely proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes