Vic Carrucci is throwing around more baseless rumors about the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the new one from his column on the end of the Patriots:

What about Belichick? There have been rumblings that he and Pats owner Robert Kraft haven't exactly been on the greatest of terms since the whole "Spygate" mess of '07. There was even some speculation that Belichick was prepared to leave the Patriots at the end of that season and the only reason he chose to stick around was the fact the team fell short of perfection by losing to the New York Giants in the Super Bowl.

Fans may have witnessed the end of dynasty of the decade

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless he's the one behind the 'rumblings' and he's the only one who was speculating, this isn't baseless.

Last edited:
I think alot of what he said is true...just because its a bit negative does not mean its totally baseless.

The bottom line is these Patriots are not your 'OLD' Patriots but they certainly are VERY far from your 2001-2004 Patriots.

The end of the CURRENT dynasty is about right...but it does not mean the team can't restart one again in a few years down the road.

Unless he's the one behind the 'rumblings' and he's the only one who was speculating, this isn't baseless.

Considering he is the only one who is voicing it even after 3 years, I would say it is pretty baseless. I have never heard a single reporter ever say that Belichick's and Kraft's relationship was bad after spygate at least enough for Belichick to even consider retirement. If this rumor had any merit whatsoever, we would have heard it before now.

yeah but he has had rumblings before all of which were wrong...i think he is as bad as it gets in terms of accuracy .

Here is the new one from his column on the end of the Patriots:

Fans may have witnessed the end of dynasty of the decade

does anyone else wonder how the media salivates about people losing jobs or leaving jobs in the league . everyone is more excited to create rumors or report stuff which causes firings and all that without any concrete stuff. like carroll going to seahawks immediately made espn link jeff fisher and del rio to USC. the media creates a story and makes everyone believe its true.

What a shock something like this would appear after a demoralizing loss. :rolleyes:

Carucci might not have been the only one, but it was certainly nothing more than speculation; remember the leak that BB's contract was extended through 2013?

Patriots' Belichick reportedly in the fold through 2013 - The Boston Globe

Yeah, Michael Smith was sitting on that story all summer and the Patriots told him he could run with it a week after Spygate. If Kraft was that upset with Belichick, that story would never have been leaked.

Also, there was tons of talk before the 2007 season that Belichick was going to leave because he wanted a new challenge. Yet there was nothing after it? Now three years later we are hearing these rumors.

Kinda reminds me of the whole Matt Walsh thing where a a made up story becomes more than that several years later when it is expedient to bring it to light.

Carrucci is not as well connected to the Pats as a lot of other reporters both locally and nationally, but this is the first we hear of these rumors? They could be logical assumptions, but I have yet to see anything behind it. I am sure Kraft was upset with Belichick. What owner wouldn't? But friction that could have sent Belichick into retirement I don't see nor have ever heard.

So you believe this rumor?

No, but he'd like it to at least have some substance because of the Seymour trade and all the other mistakes Bill made this year that firmly believes ruined everything.

So you believe this rumor?

The truth, or lack thereof, of the rumor is irrelevant to my post. My post was about the title of the thread.

yeah but he has had rumblings before all of which were wrong...i think he is as bad as it gets in terms of accuracy .

Well he did correctly call that a trade for Julius Peppers were in the works that he was so confident of that he predicted on Friday before the draft that by the end of the first day of the draft that Peppers would be a Patriot. How did that work out for him?

No, but he'd like it to at least have some substance because of the Seymour trade and all the other mistakes Bill made this year that firmly believes ruined everything.

I don't want Belichick gone. I want Belichick to heed "Just do your job". Clearly he didn't take his own mantra into his heart last year. As I noted elsewhere earlier today, perhaps a benching would do him some good. He seems to think it's the way to go with his running back, after all.

While homers like you can't handle even the mildest of criticism being tossed at Saint Bill, most people are able to understand that criticizing someone doesn't have to mean you want them gone.

I think he just reads everything with the intent to disagree, no matter what he'll find something to disagree with even if it's pointless.

The truth, or lack thereof, of the rumor is irrelevant to my post. My post was about the title of the thread.

So once again a case of being the contrarian for absolutely no purpose. You don't believe the rumor, but felt the need to comment on the semantics or use of the word "baseless". Let's turn this into a discussion about what baseless means now!

I don't want Belichick gone. I want Belichick to heed "Just do your job". Clearly he didn't take his own mantra into his heart last year. As I noted elsewhere earlier today, perhaps a benching would do him some good. He seems to think it's the way to go with his running back, after all.

While homers like you can't handle even the mildest of criticism being tossed at Saint Bill, most people are able to understand that criticizing someone doesn't have to mean you want them gone.

You wanted him not to trade Seymour. So in YOUR world, not only do we NOT win the superbowl this year but we also don't have a very valuable 1st round pick in 2011. Keep up the good work sport!

And the 24-0 deficit in the 1st quarter had nothing to do with the lack of running :rolleyes:

Well, if Vic is reporting this, I feel pretty confident in saying BB will be here for a very long time. Vic seems to always be wrong.

Doesn't the Seymour trade prove that Belichick has not intention of leaving this team and not trying to ruin it? Why would Belichick trade away Seymour for a 2011 first rounder if he intended on retiring or resigning from the Pats? He would have done everything to win this year and leave with another Super Bowl rather than trying to sacrifice winning this year to make this team stronger into the next decade.

You wanted him not to trade Seymour. So in YOUR world, not only do we NOT win the superbowl this year but we also don't have a very valuable 1st round pick in 2011. Keep up the good work sport!

And the 24-0 deficit in the 1st quarter had nothing to do with the lack of running :rolleyes:

Silly emoney, with Seymour we WIN the SB!;) Because he's a one man SB contender!

This is personally the first time that I've heard anything about BB and Kraft's relationship being rocky. As far as I have seen/knew, they have a great owner/coach relationship. The part about BB going to the Giants may not have been baseless, but the part about BB and Kraft's friendship being on the rocks certainly is for the average fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes