Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vic Carrucci is throwing around more baseless rumors about the Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Here is the new one from his column on the end of the Patriots:

Fans may have witnessed the end of dynasty of the decade
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  2. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

Unless he's the one behind the 'rumblings' and he's the only one who was speculating, this isn't baseless.
  3. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think alot of what he said is true...just because its a bit negative does not mean its totally baseless.

The bottom line is these Patriots are not your 'OLD' Patriots but they certainly are VERY far from your 2001-2004 Patriots.

The end of the CURRENT dynasty is about right...but it does not mean the team can't restart one again in a few years down the road.
  5. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Considering he is the only one who is voicing it even after 3 years, I would say it is pretty baseless. I have never heard a single reporter ever say that Belichick's and Kraft's relationship was bad after spygate at least enough for Belichick to even consider retirement. If this rumor had any merit whatsoever, we would have heard it before now.
  6. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

yeah but he has had rumblings before all of which were wrong...i think he is as bad as it gets in terms of accuracy .
  7. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

does anyone else wonder how the media salivates about people losing jobs or leaving jobs in the league . everyone is more excited to create rumors or report stuff which causes firings and all that without any concrete stuff. like carroll going to seahawks immediately made espn link jeff fisher and del rio to USC. the media creates a story and makes everyone believe its true.
  8. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

So you believe this rumor?
  9. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What a shock something like this would appear after a demoralizing loss. :rolleyes:
  10. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Yeah, Michael Smith was sitting on that story all summer and the Patriots told him he could run with it a week after Spygate. If Kraft was that upset with Belichick, that story would never have been leaked.

Also, there was tons of talk before the 2007 season that Belichick was going to leave because he wanted a new challenge. Yet there was nothing after it? Now three years later we are hearing these rumors.

Kinda reminds me of the whole Matt Walsh thing where a a made up story becomes more than that several years later when it is expedient to bring it to light.

Carrucci is not as well connected to the Pats as a lot of other reporters both locally and nationally, but this is the first we hear of these rumors? They could be logical assumptions, but I have yet to see anything behind it. I am sure Kraft was upset with Belichick. What owner wouldn't? But friction that could have sent Belichick into retirement I don't see nor have ever heard.
  11. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

No, but he'd like it to at least have some substance because of the Seymour trade and all the other mistakes Bill made this year that firmly believes ruined everything.
  12. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

The truth, or lack thereof, of the rumor is irrelevant to my post. My post was about the title of the thread.
  13. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Well he did correctly call that a trade for Julius Peppers were in the works that he was so confident of that he predicted on Friday before the draft that by the end of the first day of the draft that Peppers would be a Patriot. How did that work out for him?
  14. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +81 / 3 / -1

Disable Jersey

I don't want Belichick gone. I want Belichick to heed "Just do your job". Clearly he didn't take his own mantra into his heart last year. As I noted elsewhere earlier today, perhaps a benching would do him some good. He seems to think it's the way to go with his running back, after all.

While homers like you can't handle even the mildest of criticism being tossed at Saint Bill, most people are able to understand that criticizing someone doesn't have to mean you want them gone.
  15. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think he just reads everything with the intent to disagree, no matter what he'll find something to disagree with even if it's pointless.

So once again a case of being the contrarian for absolutely no purpose. You don't believe the rumor, but felt the need to comment on the semantics or use of the word "baseless". Let's turn this into a discussion about what baseless means now!
  16. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

You wanted him not to trade Seymour. So in YOUR world, not only do we NOT win the superbowl this year but we also don't have a very valuable 1st round pick in 2011. Keep up the good work sport!

And the 24-0 deficit in the 1st quarter had nothing to do with the lack of running :rolleyes:
  17. lostjumper

lostjumper Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, if Vic is reporting this, I feel pretty confident in saying BB will be here for a very long time. Vic seems to always be wrong.
  18. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Doesn't the Seymour trade prove that Belichick has not intention of leaving this team and not trying to ruin it? Why would Belichick trade away Seymour for a 2011 first rounder if he intended on retiring or resigning from the Pats? He would have done everything to win this year and leave with another Super Bowl rather than trying to sacrifice winning this year to make this team stronger into the next decade.
  19. Bella*chick

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Silly emoney, with Seymour we WIN the SB!;) Because he's a one man SB contender!
  20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +92 / 1 / -2

#24 Jersey

This is personally the first time that I've heard anything about BB and Kraft's relationship being rocky. As far as I have seen/knew, they have a great owner/coach relationship. The part about BB going to the Giants may not have been baseless, but the part about BB and Kraft's friendship being on the rocks certainly is for the average fan.
  21. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Can you please try to refrain from adding any logic into the hysteria?
  22. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +92 / 1 / -2

#24 Jersey

Maybe not, but with Seymour I don't think we give up 237 yards rushing to a team with the proverbial one arm tied behind it's back.
  23. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Belichick has made some mistakes this year, but people act like it is the first time he has. People seem to forget personnel moves like Doug Gabriel, Donald Hayes, Monty Beisel, Duane Starks, and other players he aggressively targeted in previous years. The Lawyer Milloy thing would have been looked at differently if the Pats didn't get lucky and Eugene Wilson didn't turn into a very good safety for two years considering he had never played the position until week #2 of his rookie year.

I don't see a lot of difference between Belichick's personnel moves this year than in other years. The difference is that the older players he gambled on didn't pan out (several due to injuries), but he has always gambled like this. And there was not enough veteran leadership to overcome it like in the past.
  24. Patsrock

Patsrock Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Good point, if he was leaving this year why would he care about 2011?
  25. WhoaDirty

WhoaDirty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Probably not, but the Pats also don't give up 237 yards rushing if the score was 7-0 Ravens at the end of the 1st.
  26. BPF

BPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The only problem with BB is that he is doing too much, he's spread thin. He didn't have experience in the front office so he borught experience in the form of Reese but that still left him with a very raw OC and a DC who is a little too conservative in his calls who BB has to micro manage. BB would be wise to see if RAC is willing to come back so he can go back to being the HC.
  27. Bella*chick

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well, OK. Maybe that's true (I am sure it is, barring any injury). But we are not one player away from the SB, I don't care who it is. And you're left with no SB, no 2011 pick and likely no Seymour after this year anyway.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  28. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Isn't RAC headed to KC with Weis?
  29. klinefan

klinefan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He traded Seymour because he THOUGHT he'd be here next season. Things change. Maybe he's just sick of it all.

The game seems to have passed him by. If you watched GB / Cards game yesterday, Rogers seemed to be on fire. Hitting open WRs all over the place. The same way once upon a time, you know who could. All that is gone now. And Rogers is considered good but not great. An attack like that would tear us to SHREDS!! We are BAD! We deserved to lose.

Why can't BB put together an offense like that? Instead of this super boring stare down moss then dump off to welker for 6 yards and hope he gets a first down.

As another poster said "this team needs to be BLOWN UP!"!
  30. BPF

BPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.