PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanfrom1960 said:
Rattay was awful for the 49ers, coughing up decent leads, throwing Ints at all the wrong times (as if there is a right time). Even though he was on a bad team, the QB job was his to lose, and he lost it. Say no to him, please.

Edit, had more time than I thought: the thing about Rattay is that he would actually be playing pretty well in the first half, help build up a lead, then the defense would get after him more and he'd fold, throwing the ball up for grabs with any pressure at all on him. He doesn't move well in the pocket either. Not what I'd want, a second half folder, that is.

We're talking about a potential 3rd string QB. Gotta accept that we're not getting Grade A beef here. "Joe Montana isn't walking through that door..."
Rattay's overall career numbers aren't too bad. If he were without warts he'd be a 1st or 2nd stringer.

MoLewisrocks said:
Rattay was not **** Rehbein's choice, he was one of two BB was intrigued by and after being dispatched to work out both Rehbein returned with the verdict that (in his opinion) Brady was the one you wanted. Belichick agreed, yet on draft day as the picks flew by Rehbein had to lobby to get him selected before we ran out of picks.

True, but my recollection from PR was that Rehbein liked both, and BB forced him to pick one of the two. Rehbein picked TB. I may be wrong, but that is how I remember it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamanai said:
We're talking about a potential 3rd string QB. Gotta accept that we're not getting Grade A beef here.
If the guy isn't good enough that you are comfortable putting him on the field, then don't waste a roster spot on him.

If you feel the need for a third QB, and re resigned to getting one that you don't want to see on the filed, stick with Bramlett. I wouldn't want Bramlett on the field, either, but at least Brameltt has upside, and may be good in a few weeks. If a vet sucks, he ain't gonna get better. Plus, there'll always be three or four vet QBs waiting for their phone to ring all season long. Why waste the roster spot?

If we think learning to play LB here is demanding ... how easy d'ya s'pose
learning to play QB is? THAT is why i don't expect a vet pickup to make the 53.

For spacecrime's reasons, for some time now my mock roster pencils in
either Bramlett or Mortensen
... with the other possibly on the p/s
if they're not certain they picked the better one.

spacecrime said:
.... If a vet sucks, he ain't gonna get better. ....

Cruel. Crude.
But, oh so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill