PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran QB's available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep_FLA

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Since Flutie can retire with a smile after the Miami drop kick..... Reason dictates a veteran back-up QB. Who do you all think would be a good fit here? I like what I have seen so far from Cassell but surely we will sign a vet. Love to hear some opinions on who would be a nice fit here......:rocker:

Thanks, Mo........ much appreciated

Is it certain that Flutie will not comeback,then. Last I heard Flutie had not made up his mind aobut retiring, and last night BB said"Ask Doug" when someone asked him about the future of Flutie with the team.

I'll be comfortable with MC as the backup this year.

You can't judge a guy off one chaotic game at the end of the year, but there was a lot to like about his development over the course of the season -- I've heard BB repeat that theme a few times.

I was a little surprised they didn't pick up another guy on day 2 as is their custom (low risk, huge payoff potential in a trade). I know for a fact they were high on Croyle (easily the best overall passer in the draft) but there was no chance he was going to last until day 2.

you like to have 3 QBs, so I imagine they'll find someone but I just can't see them splurging on a big name vet -- unless someone falls into their lap (as often happens).

still amazing to realize how far under the cap we are.

Last edited:
Don't like most of those guys

Fiedler would be good if recovered, I would like to have them take a look at Shaun Hill, and maybe Dave Ragone. Anyone else classifies as desperation.
Jamie Martin signed this weekend, I think with NO and I thought McMahon had signed with someone also.

the taildragger said:
I'll be comfortable with MC as the backup this year.

You can't judge a guy off one chaotic game at the end of the year, but there was a lot to like about his development over the course of the season -- I've heard BB repeat that theme a few times.

I was a little surprised they didn't pick up another guy on day 2 as is their custom (low risk, huge payoff potential in a trade). I know for a fact they were high on Croyle (easily the best overall passer in the draft) but there was no chance he was going to last until day 2.

you like to have 3 QBs, so I imagine they'll find someone but I just can't see them splurging on a big name vet -- unless someone falls into their lap (as often happens).

still amazing to realize how far under the cap we are.

I agree.

I thought that the Miami game indicated that they might well be prepared to have MC as the number 2 (that's more regular season playing time than Rohan ever had, despite the fact that he was actually the number 2 for a while).

But, if you're going to do that, now is the ideal time to draft a developmental quarterback as the number 3 -- time of minimum risk. Another strike for my understanding of BB and his draft strategy.

Damon Huard will likely become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back