PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran QB. Who should the Pats look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culpepper, just to piss off the "BB's QB criteria primer is set in stone" crowd.

Seriously, he's probably the best available out there and has the most experience. I think they keep Cassel and O'Connel unless we lose a few games and Cassel looks horrible.

Culpepper, just to piss off the "BB's QB criteria primer is set in stone" crowd.

Seriously, he's probably the best available out there and has the most experience. I think they keep Cassel and O'Connel unless we lose a few games and Cassel looks horrible.

Cassel is a one half relief pitcher only. I can't believe people actually say go with Cassel for (hopefully no time) a few games.
Sims or Culpepper
DW Toys

Perhaps you missed the preseason games....

I didn't. And neither did Belichick. What did THEY decide? That Matt Cassel is better than O'Connell of Gutierrez at this point. That is why Cassel was the #2 today and not the #3. Or did you miss that pertinent fact?

How about you and Briz take your KOC dolls and go in the corner. You're both being punished for being stupid.

Cassel is a one half relief pitcher only. I can't believe people actually say go with Cassel for (hopefully no time) a few games.
Sims or Culpepper
DW Toys

OH BOY.. You seriously didn't watch the game, did you? Cassel played all but 2 series. That's a bit more than a "one half relief pitcher".

Please stop trying to make everyone else stupid.

I'd run some option with Troy Brown.

Sims or Culpepper
DW Toys

Your ignorance is only surpassed by your stubborness

I guess we can expect a deluge of idiot trolls like Cougar. Laugh while you can because the the last laugh will be ours.

Matt Cassel is our QB until Brady comes back.

I don't want someone else's garbage.

Damn straight.

And to those of you who are pissed that Matt proved you wrong today after trash talking all pre-season long, that is too F'ing bad. GFY.

If you don't want to root for Matt and must insist on rooting for some washed up Vet....the Farve fan club is accepting members.

We love you Matty!

I see ONE thing wrong with bringing in a vet BU as insurance for Cassel sucking - and that's Cassel. It hasn't all been on his shoulders before, for any length of time, and it MAy be now.

First of all it's got to be his to lose. That said, bringing in someone else's trash or a retread won't be the silver bullet we imagine it to be. Best case they do something similar to what Cassel just did. Worst case... we get a patented Culpepper multi-fumble game for our efforts, then back to Matt.

Maybe you do it for insurance, IF the injury news is bad. But plan A appears to be Cassel. I have no problem with that. Evidently he responds a lot better to the regular season than the preseason.

PFnV

I see ONE thing wrong with bringing in a vet BU as insurance for Cassel sucking - and that's Cassel. It hasn't all been on his shoulders before, for any length of time, and it MAy be now.

First of all it's got to be his to lose. That said, bringing in someone else's trash or a retread won't be the silver bullet we imagine it to be. Best case they do something similar to what Cassel just did. Worst case... we get a patented Culpepper multi-fumble game for our efforts, then back to Matt.

Maybe you do it for insurance, IF the injury news is bad. But plan A appears to be Cassel. I have no problem with that. Evidently he responds a lot better to the regular season than the preseason.

PFnV

Cassel had the first team on the field with him today both on offense and defense. They will make him better than what we saw in the preseason. If Brady does not play next week Belichick will insert plays that will put Cassel in the best position to take advantage of his strengths.

I am not worried.

Damn straight.

And to those of you who are pissed that Matt proved you wrong today after trash talking all pre-season long, that is too F'ing bad. GFY.

I got no problem in admitting that I'm glad Matt proved me wrong today. He made some great plays today and showed some nice confidence. So no... we don't need an veteran QB as of right now for backup. Let's make do with what we got and go from there.

Matt did what he did today after taking no first team snaps this week because those go to the starter.

The wrongheaded nitwits who have become a veritable scourge here here will never get it. That would require them to admit to being stupid. Much easier to call BB stupid than admit you are...

Thre is only one who knows the Offense. That is Vinny T. He also has worked with BB before.

But they only ask him back if Brady is a long term loss; or gone for the season.

Other wise Matt Cassel the QB that Belichick selected as his #2, is and remains the current QB. And would continue to do so, even if Vinnie T was signed.

Don't forget that Cassel beat him out last season, and sent him to the Shadow Roster, and then to the Panthers.

It'd probably be a good idea to bring Culpepper in, at least for depth at this point if the rumors are true about Brady. I wouldn't insert him in as the starter immediately though. First see if Cassel can build on today's performance, and if not, give the veteran a try.

Culp no. Please at least TRY to understand coach BB.
Although I was adamantly bringing in a vet previously, IF Brady is gone I'd NOW try a couple as BACKUPS to Cassel since O'Connell is too raw. Sims is available.

Although I was adamantly bringing in a vet previously, IF Brady is gone I'd NOW try a couple as BACKUPS to Cassel since O'Connell is too raw. Sims is available.

I agree, Simms has the best possibility hear IMO... To back up Cassel, not to start in place of him (in case others missed that point).

I agree, Simms has the best possibility here IMO... To back up Cassel, not to start in place of him (in case others missed that point).

About Simms: They were saying (during the Colts game) that the Pats are going to bring in Simms tomorrow. That doesn't sound so good regarding Brady! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back