PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Veteran Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard Pollard (remember him?) is being released...

I'd hate to see him in a Jets/Phins/Bills uniform. He's a Pats jinx.

Yeah, I hope that guy just disappears off the face of the earth. I was worried about next season's Titans game specifically because of him.

@RapSheet: Considering last year’s dramatic turnaround for Andre Johnson, I asked a source close to him if this is the end in Houston: “Definitely.”

Would love Andre if he's cheap.

I highly doubt that Andre Johnson and his 85 catches from last year will be considered anything close to "cheap," but yeah---he'd be a nice addition.

IIRC, he was the 2nd highest WR cap hit in the entire league for 2015 behind C.Johnson. Obviously he doesn't warrant anything close to that anymore, but he may be able to pull down 5-6m dollars+ depending on the team and market.

I highly doubt that Andre Johnson and his 85 catches from last year will be considered anything close to "cheap," but yeah---he'd be a nice addition.

Whoever mentioned Seattle in this thread might be onto something. Until Wilson gets his extension they will still have a nice pile of money to throw around for a year. Could be an ideal situation for them and Johnson.

I am with the folks who think that he will be too expensive for us, unfortunately. Unless, he is ok to be paid in the 5-6m range I doubt we will see him in Foxboro.

I beg to differ. I have it on good authority that Johnson has locked himself in his room and has had inside the nfl's showing of the sb on repeat for weeks. He would love nothing more than to take a vet min deal and be a part of the pats 2015 run. Again, I totally trust myself *cough cough, err I mean my source on this one.

Johnson is an interesting case. As always, it depends on the price. Seems like potentially a typical BB signing at a typical point in a guy's career. Having said that, I am more concerned with WR spots 3-5 than I am 1-2 right now. LaFell & Edelman is a great top two to go into the year with.

It shouldn't be a money issues with Johnson he has made plenty I think he would love to come to a Team like the Patriots. I think at 34 he has atleast Two Good years left. We could have a Randy Moss like Trade agreement with him to rip up his old deal. I think Andre Johnson and the Patriots would be a perfect match. A player who wants to g out a winner. I would be pissed if Seattle made a move for him.

I would have liked Reggie Wayne a few years back, Andre Johnson is three years younger than Wayne.

I would have liked Reggie Wayne a few years back, Andre Johnson is three years younger than Wayne.
BB did, too. He tried to bring him in but Wayne wanted to remain a Colt.

I cant see this team bringing in AJ while still having Amendola. Even if we cut Amendola and take the dead money cap hit Johnson would have to take very low money to make this a cap win.

Sean I think we can agree that Amendola will have to resturcture if he wants to remain here. I thnk Danny is a nice guy and would cooperate. As stated before I dont think Johnson would have a problem with low $$$ the cost of being apart of a proven winner. Knowing how complicated our Offense is I can see BB taking such a route as regards to WR. Anrdre Johnson and LaFell on the outsides with Edelman Gronk inside the numbers would be pretty difficult to stop.

Last edited:
Chicks dig the longball.

I would focus upon the defensive moves and not worry about offense until they have resolved the secondary. After that they can address the OL and skill positions.

I am focused on Revis and he is #1 but you should be able to find 4M somewhere. Signing a 4M contract should not stop you from getting Revis. I doubt he will be had for that amount though.

I could see the Pats contacting Johnson, then going to Amendola, with Johnson as Plan B if Amendola won't restructure to their satisfaction.

Assuming, of course, that Johnson wold come in on acceptable $$$$$

Re-negotiation with dola and sign lance moore and id set we re looking real good at wide out. Hopefully one of the youngsters beats our moore but if not he should be a solid target.

Re-negotiation with dola and sign lance moore and id set we re looking real good at wide out. Hopefully one of the youngsters beats our moore but if not he should be a solid target.

Wanted Moore when he was a FA last time around. Would be a nice cheap pickup in the Belichickian FA mode.

Wanted Moore when he was a FA last time around. Would be a nice cheap pickup in the Belichickian FA mode.
I get the sense that he's a smart guy. Payton's system probably isn't easy. Hasn't had a good season in two years but he'd be cheap I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes