PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Veteran Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to extrapolate his averages from his 2 best games over a full 16 game season?

Makes sense considering there isn't already a body of evidence to show what he's capable of in the regular season

Hell based on your math, we can expect Tom to throw for about 60 TD's and 6000 yards next season based on his top 3 or 4 games

Also, dont take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to kill Amendola. I hope he stays with the team and turns into a valuable contributor. He killed it in the playoffs, and I hope it continues. But it seems like most people are getting so wrapped up in those performances they're completely forgetting how unremarkable he was all season long.

I was responding to a post that said that Amendola's playoff performance was overrated. I was pointing out that if he has the same type of performance over a 16 game season based on the average of his three playoff games, he would be one of the most productive #3 WRs in the league to show his playoff performance wasn't overrated.

You are accusing me of something I never said. Go back and read my post and the post I was responding to and you will see I am not predicting Amendola would do anything.

And this past season, he was still playing far less than 100%. I would bet that if he can stay healthy, he is closer to what he was in the playoffs than he was during the season. Not saying he could give you that type of production week in and week out, but that is what he really is more so than what he was when he was still overcoming his surgery.

One of my favorite Amendola plays last years was the TD against the Jets. He made some clutch grabs through mid and late season, even if his stats didn't consistently reflect great production.

Then he recovered the onside kick that sealed the game.

Anyway, enough with the passive aggressive, strawman creating, stealth DA bashing. I will sum it up for the slow here.

He was still injured this year. He was not getting snaps and not seeing the field, whether it was because of JE, because of Wright, because of him still not being 100% or because of the match ups.

All, that matters is that later in the season , when he was finally healthy he was making plays on offense and ST. That is what BB wants. Guys who make plays when called upon. He was consistently doing it later in the season and when it mattered most.

Hopefully he can continue it. What he did in last years RS is irrelevant. Just as nobody gives **** what Welker did in the regular season when he dropped a catch in the SB.

You cant have it both ways.

Last edited:
@adbrandt: Must be a "reduction restructure." RT @azomback34 reports out of Miami are Mike Wallace is refusing a restructure.

Reports that the Raiders will release Woodley this week, that will open $5,187,500 in cap space. Another edge rushing option.

Reports that the Raiders will release Woodley this week, that will open $5,187,500 in cap space. Another edge rushing option.

Another edge rushing option for the rest of the NFL, but not for this team. Way too expensive, even if it's only half of his last deal.

Last edited:
Another edge rushing option for the rest of the NFL, but not for this team. Way too expensive.
Woodley is not worth much at this point.

Woodley is not worth much at this point.

He's less than one year removed from a 2/10.5 deal where he was injured and only played in 5 games.

I agree that his worth went down, but I also believe that he'll still pull something in the 3--3.5m AAV range. He's still a top 50 draft pick who produced 9+ sacks in four years straight.

Pats need to resolve the Revis McCourty Wilfork conundrums before considering ANY Free Agent above minimum

Yes, without a doubt, the top priorities should be the players that you've mentioned.

I also wanted to point out regarding Amendola, I'm watching the post-SB Inside the NFL program again and there's some shots with him. At one point he's telling Edelman how much he loves him during the game, and then after the game he's in tears in shock.

I think he will do what he has to do to stay here.

Pats need to resolve the Revis McCourty Wilfork conundrums before considering ANY Free Agent above minimum

Pats # 1 draft needs are NT.

CB if Revis walks and S if Mcourty leaves.

Sun rises in East

Pats # 1 draft needs are NT.

CB if Revis walks and S if Mcourty leaves.

Pats #1 draft need is not a NT, even if Wilfork is released.

Last edited:
I don't have a link unfortunately, it's on my DVR :( We did a thread on the program the week after the SB though, I bet you there's a link in it.

EDIT: Here's a link to that thread, looks like there's a link to the program on page 13 here.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-nfl-on-showtime.1116606/page-13#post-4118625

The sequel...Good luck as the starting slot receiver for ________. Go out and catch 100 balls *Julian brushes a tear away*

If Amendola is going to be the kick returner and catcher of leftover Edelman routes for 30-40 balls a year, I doubt it's under his present contract.

He could well face the choice of being a role player who doesn't even suit up sometimes, at reduced pay, or a starting slot receiver who averages 70-100 catches a year.

I hope he stays, but, barring injury, those are the choices IMO.

The sequel...Good luck as the starting slot receiver for ________. Go out and catch 100 balls *Julian brushes a tear away*

If Amendola is going to be the kick returner and catcher of leftover Edelman routes for 30-40 balls a year, I doubt it's under his present contract.

He could well face the choice of being a role player who doesn't even suit up sometimes, at reduced pay, or a starting slot receiver who averages 70-100 catches a year.

I hope he stays, but, barring injury, those are the choices IMO.
I agree, but my thought is that he might reduce his contract understanding that he's more likely to stay healthy in a reduced role and also have more success here and, ultimately, be happier.

He could also take a couple million more per year to play on a potentially non-contender franchise, away from people he's clearly formed a bond with, in a more difficult role that will likely see him injured again. Rehabbing ain't fun.

I wouldn't begrudge him if he went where the money was. I know a slot receiver like himself only has so long of an NFL shelf life. But a few more million dollars over the life of a contract won't buy him the same bond he now has or the same legacy. It's not easy for a player in their prime to realize that but Danny strikes me as the kind of guy who may. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back