PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Veteran Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time of year again. Veterans are getting cut as teams prepare for the new NFL season. I thought the place could use a clearinghouse thread, because not every cut merits a "sign the beast" thread. So, without further ado, here goes:

Ravens cut Jacoby Jones

The Ravens have parted ways with veteran receiver and return man Jacoby Jones.

The team terminated Jones’ contract Wednesday after his three years in Baltimore.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ef-281cd877a543?mobile-id=910600&media-type=N

Jones may be useful as a return man but I'm not sure the offense is going to have any interest in a guy that can only run the 9-route well and tends to round off the rest of his routes. He'll find work somewhere, but not in New England.

Can we hear some notable names that could be cut?

Packers cut LB AJ Hawk.

Brandon Marshall might get cut, he would be a perfect WR in our offense

GB fans are ecstatic about the release of AJ Hawk, and I can't blame them. Would not want him on this team.

Brandon Marshall might get cut, he would be a perfect WR in our offense

I cant believe this post. As if BM isnt a big enough head case and would command a large pay day but who in the world is he going to replace? Lafell?

Of course, this main issue is, why would you bother with him when we have all of these great players who we need to keep and resign. Revis, DMac, Vareen, Mayo, Wilfork, Ghost, Soldier, just for starters. A ton of money has to go into them and you want to waste extra money on Marshall?

Is he going to take a min/prove it salary?

He didn't lose sleep, he just traded Marshall before.:D

The receiving corps is fine as it is. Performed well during the regular season and even better in the postseason. I hope we can restructure Amendola as opposed to cutting him. We don't need another WR.

There are other areas of need.

Marshall would instantly become far and away the best WR on the roster. We're talking about a former all pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing