PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I've seen some on this board pine for soon-to-be-45 year old Vinnie Tetaverde. Are you kidding me? I've seen people talk about soon-to-be-46 year old Doug Flutie. This talk is just moronic.

2 guys who are 36 are out there. Trent Dilfer could be talked back. Decent game manager with a ring and a ton of experience. He's not going to be the difference but he won't completely kill you.

The other name I came up with was, yes, Drew Bledsoe. If any fan base would welcome him as a backup/emegency starter with open arms it would be here. I know we'll hear the Statue Drew and Mr. Crutch comments but I think he would be the best of what's availeable out there for back-ups. I've been racking my brain but I can't think of anyone under 40 that would be more viable.

Re: Veteren Backup

make_it_stop.jpg

I've seen some on this board pine for soon-to-be-45 year old Vinnie Tetaverde. Are you kidding me? I've seen people talk about soon-to-be-46 year old Doug Flutie. This talk is just moronic.

2 guys who are 36 are out there. Trent Dilfer could be talked back. Decent game manager with a ring and a ton of experience. He's not going to be the difference but he won't completely kill you.

The other name I came up with was, yes, Drew Bledsoe. If any fan base would welcome him as a backup/emegency starter with open arms it would be here. I know we'll hear the Statue Drew and Mr. Crutch comments but I think he would be the best of what's availeable out there for back-ups. I've been racking my brain but I can't think of anyone under 40 that would be more viable.

Damn, that's a good 1,000th post.

You're supposed to come up with a witty response instead of stealing someone else's photo from 5 years ago.

My head would explode if Drew came back and Brady was knocked out for 14 games in the second game of the season.

Last edited:

How about a response based on fact? Bledsoe is the antithethis (look up the word) of what BB wants from a backup QB. BB wants a guy who will manage the game, take what the D offers, and will not, absolutely not "just sling it."

The less talented Dilfer is a better fit as backup QB for this team and BB's philosophy.

How about a response based on fact? Bledsoe is the antithethis (look up the word) of what BB wants from a backup QB. BB wants a guy who will manage the game, take what the D offers, and will not, absolutely not "just sling it."

Well, it's a fact -- my head WOULD explode. And if Drew came back, the Globe would have to re-hire Borges. The Twilight Zone would descend over Gillette Stadium.

Well, it's a fact -- my head WOULD explode. And if Drew came back, the Globe would have to re-hire Borges. The Twilight Zone would descend over Gillette Stadium.

Yeah pal, Cassell is way bettah. We've all seen that.

You're supposed to come up with a witty response instead of stealing someone else's photo from 5 years ago.

Bledsoe had offers to return but didn't want to

http://dallascowboyscentral.com/forum/archive/retired-qb-bledsoe-cant-lured-t1318.html

and Dilfer not only retired, but retired injured:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=117914

Now, I could have pointed these things out, but I chose not to and went with a generic approach. However, since you decided to be a smartass, here you are. Next time, get some basic facts before you post.

The less talented Dilfer is a better fit as backup QB for this team and BB's philosophy.

Trent Dilfer vs. Drew Bledsoe in a game you've got to have.

Flip your coin and close your eyes.

Yeah pal, Cassell is way bettah. We've all seen that.

I didn't say anything at all about Cassel, I was addressing the OP's suggestion about Bledsoe coming back to hold the clipboard. Whatcha smokin' there, boy?

Bledsoe had offers to return but didn't want to

http://dallascowboyscentral.com/forum/archive/retired-qb-bledsoe-cant-lured-t1318.html

and Dilfer not only retired, but retired injured:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=117914

Now, I could have pointed these things out, but I chose not to and went with a generic approach. However, since you decided to be a smartass, here you are. Next time, get some basic facts before you post.

Here are some facts: Bledsoe and Dilfer are 10 Years younger than anyone else mentioned. Your alternative is exactly what? Do you have any names or are you just trying to be a contrarian with a nasty attitude?

So far I've come up with something, you've come up with nothing. Or are you presently happy with the back-up QB situation?

Last edited:

How would Dilfer with his concussion history hold up behind the Pats O line?:D

Seriously if BB is worried he can pick up an fa QB after the camp cuts. Doesn't matter who the backup for the Pats is anyway, Brady is like Iron Man and never misses a game, and if he is out for an extended period of time then the Pats are screwed, you can't replace a Brady.

I didn't say anything at all about Cassel, I was addressing the OP's suggestion about Bledsoe coming back to hold the clipboard. Whatcha smokin' there, boy?

And if Brady is hurt and misses time? You comfortable?

ok, let me get this straight. You say the people who bring up Vinnie and Flutie are moronic...and then you say Bledsoe. People is glass houses should not throw stones...or walk around their house naked for that matter. bledsoe coming back to football is not happening.

Nobody out there can help us. If we pick up a QB, it will be somebody who gets cut (or is about to).

We could get them all pretty cheap so let's sign Dilfer, Bledsoe, Flutie, and Testaverde. :)

Here are some facts: Bledsoe and Dilfer are 10 Years younger than anyone else mentioned. Your alternative is exactly what? Do you have any names or are you just trying to be a contrarian with a nasty attitude?

So far I've come up with something, you've come up with nothing. Or are you presently happy with the back-up QB situation?

You just chose 2 players who are unavailable and you claim you've "come up with something"? Hell, why not call for Joe Theisman, Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw while you're at it?

ok, let me get this straight. You say the people who bring up Vinnie and Flutie are moronic...and then you say Bledsoe. People is glass houses should not throw stones...or walk around their house naked for that matter. bledsoe coming back to football is not happening.

Vinnie at 45 over Drew at 36.

Why don't we look at Grogan while were at it? Unless Babe Parilli is still availeable.

I got one. What do you call a veteran QB who is healthy with a history of solid production?

Under contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back