PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very (!) random 2001 Pats question for someone very smart to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I was just re-watching "America's Game: 2001 Partiots", and at 30:26 Bruschi comes into the locker room after the AFCDG and says something like "Never a doubt, money!" and bear hugs some big guy.

Who is that guy? I've always wondered.

(BTW, I dare anyone to watch the show and not get pumped up and feel all sorts of goodwill towards guys like Drew, Law, Milloy and AV. I admit that AV really hurt me when he left and Milloy and Law have said some dumb things, but seeing what those guys did for all of New England back then... man, I cannot hold a grudge.)

I watched it, froze the scene, and still have no idea who that guy is.

Probably one of the most well done series that the NFL or any network has put together. I'd rate it 1 or 2 on the "Top 10 things to get you out of a funk" list.

Patjew said:
someone very smart

You got the right guy for that job. :D

It was...

Marty Moore.

("Never a doubt, Marty, never a doubt, Marty!)

Moore was on the IR in 2001.

http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=13842

bruschimartymoorexu7.png

Where's the smiley for "impressed"? :rocker:

It was...

Marty Moore.

Impressive. Not for nothing you are on your 10,597th post!

(BTW, I dare anyone to watch the show and not get pumped up and feel all sorts of goodwill towards guys like Drew, Law, Milloy and AV. I admit that AV really hurt me when he left and Milloy and Law have said some dumb things, but seeing what those guys did for all of New England back then... man, I cannot hold a grudge.)

Your primary question has been answered, but I want to comment on your secondary remarks. I agree. To me, the guys you mention are always going to be part of the heart and soul of these glory years.

Drew got us past the Steelers in the 2001 run and handled the entire situation with TB with complete class.

I'll never forget Law's big time picks in big time games against one Manning (Peyton once jokingly suggested that he thought Ty should be his presenter if he goes into the HOF because he's caught so many important passes off of him), especially when we couldn't get one big play from our secondary against his brother two months ago.

As for Lawyer, that situation was handled poorly by the Patriots and I will always respect him.

I think we all felt betrayed when Number Four went to the dolts, but, speaking personally, I have never stopped appreciating and liking him--when BB didn't go to Gostkowski at fourth and ten, on the 35, in a dome, in the SB, I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, and the nachos were not to blame.

Last edited:

It was...

Marty Moore.

You are the man! I can't believe that someone actually could answer that. I've been wondering who that is for months. Thank you, smart guy, now I can go on with my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back