PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very OT- Some superbowl advice for a host, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SuperBowl is so much more than a football game. The commercials, the halftime show are also big parts of the day. We used to tape the games and watch on Monday. I was too busy cooking, socializing, drinking, filling up peoples beers etc to really concentrate on the game. Except when the Pats were playing and then my guests were on their own after kickoff.

I wouldn't worry about your friends picking up all the rules right away. There is so much more to the event than the game. It also moves a heck of alot slower than a regular season game so you will have more time to explain and answer any questions they may have.

Have a good time.

The SuperBowl is so much more than a football game. The commercials, the halftime show are also big parts of the day. We used to tape the games and watch on Monday. I was too busy cooking, socializing, drinking, filling up peoples beers etc to really concentrate on the game. Except when the Pats were playing and then my guests were on their own after kickoff.

I wouldn't worry about your friends picking up all the rules right away. There is so much more to the event than the game. It also moves a heck of alot slower than a regular season game so you will have more time to explain and answer any questions they may have.

Have a good time.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to having a crack at converting two more people to Football. My friend, Sharon, is a big Rugby fan and did watch some NFL when it first appeared on British TV twenty years ago. Miss Gcat is proving a harder nut to crack, despite her constant exposure to the game. I think I might win eventually though. :D

Thanks very much to everyone for your suggestions. It will be fun, I hope. It's the first time I've watched the Superbowl in the company of others since 1992, when I sat through the Giants- Buffalo game with an American friend and a bunch of your Marines at the US Embassy in Vienna. What DO you feed 'em, exactly? :eek:
I wanted Buffalo to win, as I had (at that point) never seen an AFC team win the SB and I felt loyalty to the AFC at that time, as perenially cr*p as it was back then. The Marines were a good bunch and made for a, erm, lively atmosphere.

Last edited:
Well, a curry or a steak and kidney pie or maybe some Thai food of course. :D

I did wonder. They're big buggers but big in that scary, muscle bound, eat- their- own- grannies- for- breakfast way.

For the AFC Championship game in 2001 my girlfriends and I had scones and clotted cream. Delish!

Gcat -- you'll be watching this game in the middle of the night, won't you? Oh and I think you should ingnore PFinVA's advice :mad: As a female and a football fan I take umbrage. :rolleyes:

OK. It's all about getting past the yellow line. That's all any newbie needs to know.

Regarding food, any is good, but must be present in quantity. The proper etiquette for inviting guests to eat and drink during the game is to utter "Tank Up" as you stand and head out to the kitchen for eats and drinks... after quarters, after plays, during plays. It's always a good time to tank up during football.

Well, a curry or a steak and kidney pie or maybe some Thai food of course. :D

Yeah but the thing is, they're human kidneys.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey