PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very LAMMEEEEEE Propaganda from SNY Post-draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, since I gotta go, I am done getting the Jets fans all in ahuff. I do think Gholston is a good pick up for the Jets, but is still limited in his repetoire. After looking at him in more depth, I didn't want the Pats to take him at the position he was getting picked though. He does overrely on the Bull Rush for my liking.

I will say now as I have said before. I do think Jake Long is waaaaaayyyyyy overrated. Gholston's performance against him doesn't impress me that much because of it. I think Long is a RT and should have been a late first round pick

Ok, since I gotta go, I am done getting the Jets fans all in ahuff. I do think Gholston is a good pick up for the Jets, but is still limited in his repetoire. After looking at him in more depth, I didn't want the Pats to take him at the position he was getting picked though. He does overrely on the Bull Rush for my liking.

I will say now as I have said before. I do think Jake Long is waaaaaayyyyyy overrated. Gholston's performance against him doesn't impress me that much because of it. I think Long is a RT and should have been a late first round pick

None of the other 14 sacks as a junior impressed you?:p

your original comment:

At this point im not going to argue with someone who wont even Gholston to have an immense amount of ability and potential. Im also missing whats so bad with a DE who uses bull rush the majority of the time.

He has a lot of ability and potential, but he is raw and limited in what he does at this point. Just like Mayo is at this point. Neither is a finished product and that was my original point. It will depend on how both are developed to determine if either will live up to their draft positions.

A DE who uses the bull rush all the time in the NFL is on oxygen on the bench in the second half most of the time. No DE in the NFL can rely near exclusively on the bull rush in the NFL because o-linemen and TEs are too strong and big in the NFL.

Last edited:
The Rats could draft 568 all pros in a row and it STILL wouldn't make up for their history of complete draft futility...please, spare us the "Rats are really good THIS TIME!!!!" garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back