PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very LAMMEEEEEE Propaganda from SNY Post-draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we'll never know. It seems unlikely to me that the Patriots would want to move up for a guy with a questionable motor and our inquiry to KC was much more likely to be for Dorsey IMO. Regardless, I'm happy with who we got - and the Jest still sucks.

The Jets fans want to find ANYTHING that could possibly resemble a victory over Belichick and the Pats. They cant hold the Pats jockstraps out on the football field so they celebrate about this. Sad.

Well, we'll never know. It seems unlikely to me that the Patriots would want to move up for a guy with a questionable motor and our inquiry to KC was much more likely to be for Dorsey IMO. Regardless, I'm happy with who we got - and the Jest still sucks.

====================================

Seems to me like just the Pats doing there homework and leaving no stone unturned, like the Jets were doing.

Or maybe BB was messen with Mangini's head making Mangini think that he wanted to move up for Gholston when he realy didn't want Ghoulston, just so as to get Mangini to pick Vernon and end up looking stupid when Vernon bust's.

Seems to me like just the Pats doing there homework and leaving no stone unturned, like the Jets were doing.

Or maybe BB was messen with Mangini's head making Mangini think that he wanted to move up for Gholston when he realy didn't want Ghoulston, just so as to get Mangini to pick Vernon and end up looking stupid when Vernon bust's.
We may never know. But there were rumors of the Pats being VERY interested in taking Mayo a few days before the draft.

But there are so many wrongs in this video.

KC called the Patriots and Jets twice each on draft Sunday. That was confirmed on NFL Net on draft day and On the following Saturday when the Patriots aired the Pats All Access inside the draft room show. KC asked for the Patriots 1st + 2nd and a pick next year. They called the Pats twice and both times the Patriots said "we'll call you back"

Mike Vrabel highly touted coming out of college? He was a third round pick. A late one at that. 3rd round players are project players and high upside low risk guys. What highly ******* touted **** is this guy talking about. When he was drafted the Steelers had no intentions of even using him as a LB or DE because of how deep they were at both positions.

Mike Vrabel is also not 35.

Dustin Keller, give me a ******* break. They said Mayo was a late riser (which he was) but Keller wasn't? Eat **** moron. "He has 4.5 speed, thats going to create a lot of mismatch problems" Really doofus? CB and Nickels dont run 4.5's? Rodney Harrison can still run a 4.5. HELL! They just showed the stat that Jerod Mayo runs the same speed as Dustin Keller. Dont give me this DEADLY RED ZONE BS. If numbers showed anything Ben Watson would actually be useful at times instead of vanishing in games like the Phantom of the Opera.

Really dont have much to say about what they said about Wheatley but come on. Will he adjust to the pro game? Will any rookie? Thats the point. And is that Ray Friggen Lucas? The guy goes from mediocre QB to saying that 5'9'' corners wont cover the WR's? Calm down Ray Ray. We all cant put up prime time numbers against the colossal giant you obviously played on a weekly basis.

Dont listen to this garbage. The New York Media is about as bad as Boston media in actually knowing wtf is going on.

KC was doing a mad dash calling teams to trade up.

KC called the Patriots and Jets twice each on draft Sunday. That was confirmed on NFL Net on draft day and On the following Saturday when the Patriots aired the Pats All Access inside the draft room show. KC asked for the Patriots 1st + 2nd and a pick next year. They called the Pats twice and both times the Patriots said "we'll call you back"

Mike Vrabel highly touted coming out of college? He was a third round pick. A late one at that. 3rd round players are project players and high upside low risk guys. What highly ******* touted **** is this guy talking about. When he was drafted the Steelers had no intentions of even using him as a LB or DE because of how deep they were at both positions.

Dustin Keller, give me a ******* break. They said Mayo was a late riser (which he was) but Keller wasn't? Eat **** moron. "He has 4.5 speed, thats going to create a lot of mismatch problems" Really doofus? CB and Nickels dont run 4.5's? Rodney Harrison can still run a 4.5. HELL! They just showed the stat that Jerod Mayo runs the same speed as Dustin Keller. Dont give me this DEADLY RED ZONE BS. If numbers showed anything Ben Watson would actually be useful at times instead of vanishing in games like the Phantom of the Opera.

Really dont have much to say about what they said about Wheatley but come on. Will he adjust to the pro game? Will any rookie? Thats the point. And is that Ray Friggen Lucas? The guy goes from mediocre QB to saying that 5'9'' corners wont cover the WR's? Calm down Ray Ray. We all cant put up prime time numbers against the colossal giant you obviously played on a weekly basis.
I agree with everything you said except the Keller part, on paper a TE who is 6'3" runs a sub 4.5 with a 38 inch vertical should create mismatches

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said except the Keller part, on paper a TE who runs a sub 4.5 with a 28 inch vertical should create mismatches

I give you Ben Watson. A paper Gorilla beast. Yet he plays like he was a 5th round pick.

I give you Ben Watson. A paper Gorilla beast. Yet he plays like he was a 5th round pick.

I guess thats why the games are not played on paper. I loved Watson out of Georgia that year, I thought the pairing of him with Brady would give Brady his modern day Coates. What better for a QB then a physical freak and dependable TE (obviously besides Randy Moss)

Last edited:
All I know is Mayo is faster than Goulston and Keller as well for that matter.

I love Watson and it kills me that he hasn't become the on field beast that everyone expected. Every so often he have some incredible play where he jukes two LBs and outruns a couple safeties for a TD. Then he'll drop a pass all by himself in the EZ.

All I'm hoping for Thomas is consistent production. Right place, right time, catch the ball, and shake the first tackler. Do that 75% of the time and you're a superstar. You don't have to run 4.4, bench 550, or ace the SATs.

Screw the damn numbers and catch the ball.

Being a jets fan I even laughed a bit at this.Media needs something to talk about.

Will Ghoulston bust? Dunno

Was Mayo a reach? Dunno

Either way its the offseason and the media needs a scoop.And yes,Ray Lucas talking football is kinda like Walter Mondale talking about being the president.
:rofl:

It's always funny to listen to these idiots make their predictions for first round picks. I have to admit, I was hoping the Pats would get Gholston, but in the end I come to the realization that NFL coaches and scouts know a tad bit more and the Pats have one of the best in the business, so I'm excited about the possibilities with Mayo. While I now hope Gholston is the biggest bust of the draft, I'm still going to say that I can see him breaking out of the gate and being productive for the Jets at first. It's his ability to stay consistent at the NFL level that would worry me the most.

I love how Mayo was a shock eventhough Michael Holley almost guaranteed the Pats would draft Mayo the Friday before the draft. Also, just because the Pats inquired about moving up to the sixth spot doesn't mean they were interested in Gholston or really serious about moving up.

I do love the "objective" analysis by these guys. Apartently, the Jets drafted the second coming of Lawrence Taylor and Shannon Sharpe with the first two picks and the Pats drafted two guys who may or may not make the final 53 man roster with their first two picks.

These guys talk about what they saw on every play of film with Mayo, but what about Gholston? When I watch Gholston's film, he has one move - the bull rush. The bull rush doesn't neccessarily work in the NFL all that often and it rarely works against Matt Light. Light's misdirection blocking will have Gholston 20 yards behind Brady on every play. Personally, I think Gholston needs to develop more moves to make it in the NFL. I don't know if Mangini and Bob Sutton are the guys to teach him.

Not to mention Ray Farmer is the Chiefs' Director of Pro Personnel, not Bill Kuharich, who is their Vice President of Player Personnel.

so wait a sec

that was a JETS channel? they spent half the time talking about the pats, LOL

so wait a sec

That's a good summary of the entire NFL coverage since, oh, around the time the Pats traded for Moss.

so wait a sec

You would think that it was a 2 team division since the Bills and Dolphins weren't even mentioned. They probably should have compared the Bills and Pats draft since I think the Bills have a better shot in contending for the division than the Jets. Then again, barring injuries, I don't see there is much of a chance of the Bills contending for the division either.

Don't forget the fact that the Jets already had a really good tight end and have now pissed him off by giving what could have been his money to a rookie. So even if he isn't a bust how much better does he have to be than Baker to make that pick worth it? Unless they make Baker happy as well because you do need more than one guy but you see where I am going....

Don't forget the fact that the Jets already had a really good tight end and have now pissed him off by giving what could have been his money to a rookie. So even if he isn't a bust how much better does he have to be than Baker to make that pick worth it? Unless they make Baker happy as well because you do need more than one guy but you see where I am going....

=====================================

Baker ranked somewhere around 19th in the league in receptions and touch downs, a little better then a Jag, but not a very good TE. Plus he's a whiner.

And the Jets sighned Bubba Franks, who is a decent blocker and red zone target still(Ihope).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey