PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrayzeeNepFan1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I have been a Pats fan for 12 years and have never seen so many people quick to get off of the Brady bandwagon. If that's the case then don't get back on because we're starting to get in sync on offense and the defense; while bending a little certainly did not break.

The Dan Koppen Is An Eagle Fan At Heart thread that I created is supposed to be true according to a kid who played high school ball with him. He had also said that Koppen sucked back in high school so take that for what it's worth because he certainly does not suck now.

Nem made good points about how the routes we ran weren't suited for the offense but perhaps with Gabriel, Jackson and Caldwell we can switch up the offense a bit and become extremely hard to defend and predict. However, I do agree that the play action opens up the passing lanes assessment.

To the true win or lose Patriot fans; how much are you loving this win right now? I remember watching Curtis Martin and Robert Edwards briefly, then being made to watch Terry Allen and Kevin Faulk as number 1's. The resurgence of Antwoin Smith never made me say, "Wow" when he ran with the rock but this kid Maroney is scary fast and looks a lot stronger than the draft prognosticators claimed. I'll be honest, I threw my beer when we drafted him. I wanted Chad Jackson first or Manny Lawson if possible but that's why I work at Circuit City selling tv's and Beoili maintains the most constant team in the NFL. Great pick.

Now to address the 'we're cheap' crowd. Have you ever thought that if we bend over and take it up the rear from Branch, that Graham, Koppen, Samuel and maybe even Wilson will feel like they are 'all-world talent' and bail for more money? Or maybe even pull some bullcrap like Branch did. I will always respect the work he put in as a Patriot but I am impressed with Gabriel and think Jackson is something really special just waitng to burst. He probably won't until closer to the playoffs, though.

We're still not dominant in all aspects. We need to lock up Koppen pronto and give him a beyond decent offer, preferebly before the year ends. I love Graham's toughness and tenacity; he exemplifies a BB player. He gets re-upped for more than people would think we'd give. In the draft; wow. Two firsts and some compensation picks. Can you say, "game changing player on defense?" I badly want a game changing safety to either go next to Rodney or next to Geno, however it shakes out. Right now, Rodney looks tentative. He isn't laying huge blows and is too slow. He gets by on his brain and football sense, but for how long? I love Rodney, I know he wants to be an official but I'd love to see him as a D Back's coach or even a D Cordinator some day.
BB is not leaving anytime soon; too much unfinished business. I believe the job was going to be Mangina's but he went to the dark side so it will be a while until Bill is confident about turning his baby to a new father.

Sorry for the super long post. I am stressed about not being able to post for so long and the punctuation sucks, I know. Only half of my keyboard works. I would like to hear what you think of everything.

Last edited:
Wow. That was the longest paragraph of all time. My eyes bleed.
Edit/Delete Message

Brownfan80 said:
Wow. That was the longest paragraph of all time. My eyes bleed.
Edit/Delete Message

Sorry, it's edited now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill