PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very Happy for Pierce

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
... for sticking it out here for 10 years, playing for some pretty bad teams... showing some frustration at times but generally remaining a professional team player...

... never getting the respect he deserved as a player, getting passed over for the all star team because he played for such a bad team....

Coming into the playoffs in the shadow of LeBron James and Kobe Bryant (even Kevin Garnett) - and completely outplaying them all on both sides of the court...

This is a sweet and well deserved Championship for him - and one he can proudly say that he really sucked it up and played the consumate role that a team captain should.

They might as well retire his number tonight as well, as far as I'm concerned.

Congratulations to all the Celtics - but especially Paul Pierce!

Thanks for bringing #17 back to Boston (and preserving Red's record too!)

Hear hear. Of all the guys, I'm most happy for PP.

Hear hear. Of all the guys, I'm most happy for PP.

Me 2. He looked like a little boy jumping around on the sides tonight he was so excited. I'm so happy for him.Thank you for everything Paul!!!!!!

Definitely love Pierce. Despite being upset at times he remained loyal to the Celtics and never left and he really deserved this as much as anyone. I feel almost as happy for both KG and Ray. Very happy for them too.

Me too. I was rooting for him to be named MVP too, much as I think Ray Allen and PG were almost as deserving, I wanted Paul because he has been here through all the bad years. Talk about paying dues... and I knew if he was named MVP it would cinch putting his number in the rafters - which he totally deserves.

I'll say this, Pierce has to be the happiest man in Boston, without a doubt.

Pierce is an extremely underated player in the NBA. He's got the whole game. Good for him

getting passed over for the all star team because he played for such a bad team....

What the hell are you talking about? - Didn't Pierce play in 6 All-Star games of his 10 year career? - pretty good amount of times in that game if you ask me

The Celtics won this championship Pats style and I could not be happier for Paul Pierce. He deserves it for all the crap he has been through.

Congrats Paul!

In the NFL,The Super Bowl MVP gets a brand new car

In the NBA all he gets is a friggin mini trophy? - WTF???

PP never complained when times were bad. Never demanded a trade, never degraded his teammates or feuded with his coach. Never asked for more money. Never fretted over the endorsements he should have gotten. Never quit. All he did was carry this team on his back. The second he had any talent around him he went to the eastern conference finals. If he had been drafted by another team he'd be widely considered a top 3 player in the league. But he wasn't, and instead of having a chip on his shoulder about the career he probably should have had all he did was man up, slay his ego, and step up to become a champion. Probably the most unappreciated Boston athlete of all time.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? - Didn't Pierce play in 6 All-Star games of his 10 year career? - pretty good amount of times in that game if you ask me

Yup - I'm thinking of the 00-01 season - averaged 24 points a game and was passed over for the All Star game. He was pretty pissed as I recall.

Last edited:
PP never complained when times were bad. Never demanded a trade, never degraded his teammates or feuded with his coach. Never asked for more money. Never fretted over the endorsements he should have gotten. Never quit. All he did was carry this team on his back. The second he had any talent around him he went to the eastern conference finals. If he had been drafted by another team he'd be widely considered a top 3 player in the league. But he wasn't, and instead of having a chip on his shoulder about the career he probably should have had all he did was man up, slay his ego, and step up to become a champion. Probably the most unappreciated Boston athlete of all time.
Hear, hear, brother. Although as far as unappreciated Boston athletes of all time go, I hear Teddy Ballgame was pretty underappreciated at times too.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back