PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very Good Sign

dalero

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Foulke looked like his old self today. If he can do it consistantly it'll give the staff alot of flexibility and maybe not wear Timlin down to a stub by July.

yes, good sign. I am worried that Foulkes knees are done though. It would be nice to have him close so Papelbon can start making the rotation that much stronger. we will see.

Outside of his first appearance, I think he's looked good all year. 4 earned runs: 2 on the Pena-assisted homerun, 1 allowed to score by Timlin, the king of inherited runners scored, and the other allowed to score by Seanez, after Foulke had already had the batter struck out, but the ump blew it. His velocity is back where it used to be. Now it's about spotting his pitches, and he's getting it done. I hope his knees either get better or maintain, allowing him to get comfortable.

One good thing I heard is that he expects his knees to get stronger with the more work he gets and not the opposite.

Boston Boxer said:
yes, good sign. I am worried that Foulkes knees are done though. It would be nice to have him close so Papelbon can start making the rotation that much stronger. we will see.

Having Foulke as a set up man and Papelbon as a closer seems to be working pretty well. If your starter can get through the 7th inning, it has been so far pretty automatic afterwards. Compare that to the recent past for a true appreciation.
9 saves in a month, any month is the Red Sox record IIRC (Gordon in 1998 had 8) and there's 5 days left. Do you want to mess with success?

Just my $0.02,

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots