PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very few teams would have shown class like the Patriots did sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why everyone is debating if this was a mercy play. It was from my perspective and who cares what others think !!! Everyone has a agenda or perspective on the play or the Pats for that matter, who cares LOL

Pats showed grace in the end !! FROM MY PRESPECTIVE !!

Note to others. Nothing you say will change my perspective ;-)

How dare you have your OWN perspective!!!!

:)

You spend your time feeling sorry (or hating) people over a game that has no real significance or meaning in the real world? That's kind of pathetic. Put your energy into something productive and useful. To me this is all amusement and fun. I don't hate or feel sorry for anyone over something so insignificant.

Really?

Hey, this is the post that you should have used :rolleyes: in. I mean, you use it in almost every other post to show how silly the pats fans are.

Again, why don't you tell us about the team that you like. Oh, it will still be amusing. I think that we can all guaranty that.

But, you are affraid.

With that first and goal at the end of the game and up 38-7 Brady and Co. could have picked one of a dozen ways to score another TD and enter the 40s.

Brady wasn't even in the game.

That's the thing: it's a slippery argument here. You've provided instances that met his criteria, but something always pops up, e.g., FGs aren't running up the score, neither are rushing TDs.

The keyword here is score. With 4:30 left on the clock, up by 31, Pitt had to kick a FG? No. They should have run the ball on 4th down into the middle of the pile.

That's it: I'm done. You can't offer a challenge to others, have it met, then change the rules of the challenge. Pats and Bills worked together to put an end to a game that was decided before time ran out. The original idea of this thread was that it was nice that, given the Bills' tough outing, the Pats didn't score a late TD. That was it; it seemed like a decent sentiment.

1. The challenge wasn't met. I asked someone to show me how often a team was up 5 posessions and continued to try to score. No one has shown any instance where a team actually tried to score up 5 possessions. A 13 play drive consisting of 11 runs up the gut isn't "trying to score".

2. The original idea of the thread (see title) was that the Pats did something most teams wouldn't do.

My team is the Patriots. Hate 'em all you want, JJ&*#@ and sanvirus. You don't even like your team enough to tell us who they are.

I'm a Pat's fan. I've been posting on this board for years. It doesn't make this thread any less stupid. The majority of the teams would have done the same thing and, IMO, kicking a FG is the same thing. The Pats had their second stringers in. No one thought they were trying to score again.

The challenge wasn't met. I asked someone to show me how often a team was up 5 posessions and continued to try to score. No one has shown any instance where a team actually tried to score up 5 possessions.

How on Earth is kicking a field goal NOT "trying to score"? Did they kick it backwards???

That's it: I'm done. You can't offer a challenge to others, have it met, then change the rules of the challenge.

Wise words, I'll follow you out the door.

How on Earth is kicking a field goal NOT "trying to score"? Did they kick it backwards???

Do you think they were trying to run up the score?

:D

I suspected very early on that if someone, somehow, met the incredibly stringent and changing requirements that were being set, the response would be either denial or a scoffing that it was only one instance. I didn't waste my breath (i.e. fingertips) attempting to respond and am sad to see that I had it pegged correctly. :(

:D

I suspected very early on that if someone, somehow, met the incredibly stringent and changing requirements that were being set, the response would be either denial or a scoffing that it was only one instance. I didn't waste my breath (i.e. fingertips) attempting to respond and am sad to see that I had it pegged correctly. :(

Give me a break. The original poster was clearly saying the Pats deserve credit for "showing mercy" not running up the score on the Bills, and that MOST teams wouldn't have done the same.

Do you honestly think the Steelers were "showing no mercy" when they got the ball at Carolina's 40, almost within FG range, and proceded to run a 13 play drive, with their backup RB carrying the ball up the gut 11 out of 13 plays, then kicking a FG after their drive netted 32 yards in 9 minutes?

Please don't tell me you think the Pats deserve credit for not going for it in that situation.

I must say I admired BBs decision to not go for the juggular and want to run up the score any further on the outmanned Bills yesterday,It showed class...

unlike most teams in the NFL they ran it up the gut knowing it probably won't amount to much yardage...

Unselfish stuff like this is what the media refuses to point out about the classy Patriots coaching and players...

Someone show me an article that points the unselfishness of that final series of plays I just talked about in tomorrow's Patriots articles about this game,Bet you don't find any,nor do you ever.

Hey, guess why you won't find an article pointing to their unselfishness...

Because it wasn't unselfish. It was common courtesy. You don't get a medal for NOT being a jerk.

Give me a break. The original poster was clearly saying the Pats deserve credit for "showing mercy" not running up the score on the Bills, and that MOST teams wouldn't have done the same.

Do you honestly think the Steelers were "showing no mercy" when they got the ball at Carolina's 40, almost within FG range, and proceded to run a 13 play drive, with their backup RB carrying the ball up the gut 11 out of 13 plays, then kicking a FG after their drive netted 32 yards in 9 minutes?

Please don't tell me you think the Pats deserve credit for not going for it in that situation.

That's what I and many others are saying. Some may feel differently.

this thread reminds me of when the chargers beat us 2yrs ago and donnie edwards intercepted Cassel's pass and LATERALED it to the safety Kiel to return it touchdown to make it look like a lopsided victory for the chargers (41-17) when there was 46 seconds left and he could have gotten tackled and they could have kneeled

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back