PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very few teams would have shown class like the Patriots did sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I must say I admired BBs decision to not go for the juggular and want to run up the score any further on the outmanned Bills yesterday,It showed class and a willing team to not have to be a stats monger like when Gostkowski would have had that FG or Brady with a #5 TD pass in that last Patriots drive deep in Buffalo territory,thats what there is to admire about this team,we never rub it in (until we meet the Jets again of course ;)) .

With that first and goal at the end of the game and up 38-7 Brady and Co. could have picked one of a dozen ways to score another TD and enter the 40s,But unlike most teams in the NFL they ran it up the gut knowing it probably won't amount to much yardage and just ran out the 4 downs and gave Buffalo the ball back for one last possesion.

The Patriots just simply decided to give the ball back to the Bills after going for it on 4th down when they could have had at least a FG in that series.

Unselfish stuff like this is what the media refuses to point out about the classy Patriots coaching and players,all we hear about is the bad stuff like cameragate and BBs personal life and Rodneys HGH suspension ect ect ect.

Someone show me an article that points the unselfishness of that final series of plays I just talked about in tomorrow's Patriots articles about this game,Bet you don't find any,nor do you ever.

Last edited:
Oh geeze. Who "goes for the jugular" when they are up 31 in the 4th? Nobody. Anyone who kicks a FG or goes for a TD in that situation should be tar and feathered and run out of the league and you are saying the Pats should be praised for doing what is common sense? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Who "goes for the jugular" when they are up 31? Anyone who kicks a FG when up by 31 in the 4th should be tar and feathered and run out of the league. There's no place for that nonsense.

Tell Tony Dungy that . .as well as Andy Reid in particular on sunday's game

but don't worry, we will still be the bad guys! maybe someone on ESPN radio will do a report this week on how we have no "heart" for not scoring to our teams potential or something:rolleyes:

Oh geeze. Who "goes for the jugular" when they are up 31 in the 4th? Nobody. Anyone who kicks a FG or goes for a TD in that situation should be tar and feathered and run out of the league and you are saying the Pats should be praised for doing what is common sense? :rolleyes:

You're kidding, right? How about the Colts - CONSTANTLY score more, often by passing, including 3 weeks ago on opening night, I mean are you JOKING? That's either totally ignorant or completely dishonest of you to say. I have literally NEVER seen another team NOT go for, at least, the FG in that situation. Except with a kneel-down at the end. Sorry, pal, you've got that completely wrong. But then, you're likely a troll, so...there you have it.

Last edited:
I must say I admired BBs decision to not go for the juggular and want to run up the score any further on the outmanned Bills yesterday,It showed class and a willing team to not have to be a stats monger like when Gostkowski would have had that FG or Brady with a #5 TD pass in that last Patriots drive deep in Buffalo territory,thats what there is to admire about this team,we never rub it in (until we meet the Jets again of course ;)) .

With that first and goal at the end of the game and up 38-7 Brady and Co. could have picked one of a dozen ways to score another TD and enter the 40s,But unlike most teams in the NFL they ran it up the gut knowing it probably won't amount to much yardage and just ran out the 4 downs and gave Buffalo the ball back for one last possesion.

The Patriots just simply decided to give the ball back to the Bills after going for it on 4th down when they could have had at least a FG in that series.

Unselfish stuff like this is what the media refuses to point out about the classy Patriots coaching and players,all we hear about is the bad stuff like cameragate and BBs personal life and Rodneys HGH suspension ect ect ect.

Someone show me an article that points the unselfishness of that final series of plays I just talked about in tomorrow's Patriots articles about this game,Bet you don't find any,nor do you ever.

While i don't think BB will, and operating via emotion is usually not a good plan, I wonder about our second game with the Jets. Would we run it up on them to get just a little chop-chop poke in the eye on 'em? Would the Patriot players be on board in thought with that even as they are doing it (as the coach instructs)?

While i don't think BB will, and operating via emotion is usually not a good plan, I wonder about our second game with the Jets. Would we run it up on them to get just a little chop-chop poke in the eye on 'em? Would the Patriot players be on board in thought with that even as they are doing it (as the coach instructs)?

If we are fortunate enough to dominate 3 quarters at that time then ,Yes - You can bet the house that Brady will be throwing to Moss and Welker late in the game,Although I expect a more competitive game next time around - It can't be worse than the 38-14 beating we gave them 2 weeks ago - Could it?

This team could have scored one more TD or kicked a FG, instead they just ran out the downs.. BB and Jauron go way back, the Pats proved their point.. no sense in creating hard feelings.

Hey, who is your team? Is it San Diego?

If it is, what do you think about how they played on sunday? Tough loss huh?

What sanvara is still doing here is anybody's guess. :rolleyes: He has more than enough to worry about with his own fading team, but I guess doesn't want to face reality.

This team could have scored one more TD or kicked a FG, instead they just ran out the downs.. BB and Jauron go way back, the Pats proved their point.. no sense in creating hard feelings.

Well said brother!

Haha are you a chargers fan? What a horrible choke job yet again! Wahhh Wahhhhh Phillip , you didnt get me the ball. Wahhhh Wahhhh the big pad pats beat us uppp. Wahhh Wahhh

ahahahah

but don't worry, we will still be the bad guys! maybe someone on ESPN radio will do a report this week on how we have no "heart" for not scoring to our teams potential or something:rolleyes:

No, they'll look at red zone efficiency and say how the Pats had a possession when they didn't score....

Last edited:
Tell Tony Dungy that . .as well as Andy Reid in particular on sunday's game

The first thing that came to my mind, Peyton Manning up 28 to 3 with a few seconds left in the fourth..."I gotta run!"..."No i think i'll pass". Pretty much sums up the Colts.

belichick the merciful has a nice ring to it.:D

Last edited:
Hey, who is your team? Is it San Diego?

If it is, what do you think about how they played on sunday? Tough loss huh?

Real mature. Nice post. :rolleyes:

The guy is right, no one goes for it up 31 with 4 minutes left in the 4th. If someone wants to go through the game logs the last few years and show me what percentage of teams "went for it" up 31+ late in the 4th. I'd love to see it.

My bet is very few teams would actually go for it in that situation. This isn't college football, the Patriots don't deserve some kind of praise for NOT embarassing the other team.

Shoot, you could just as well say the Patriots lack class because they threw a 45-yd TD bomb with 10 minutes left in the game up by 24.

You don't watch much football, do you?

There's even a commercial going on with Peyton tagging a TD late in the 4th qtr with the game well in hand against the Titans.

The guy is right, no one goes for it up 31 with 4 minutes left in the 4th. If someone wants to go through the game logs the last few years and show me what percentage of teams "went for it" up 31+ late in the 4th. I'd love to see it.

My bet is very few teams would actually go for it in that situation. This isn't college football, the Patriots don't deserve some kind of praise for NOT embarassing the other team.

Shoot, you could just as well say the Patriots lack class because they threw a 45-yd TD bomb with 10 minutes left in the game up by 24.

Do you even bother watching the Peyton commercial where he sas they're going to run, and then he turns to the camera and says he'd rather pass? Look at the score of the game on that commercial.

I am gonna be real honest here. I dont give a crap how mercifull our team is, who gives a crap about the other team? Why does anyone care how nice they are to the other team? I want them to bury the other team every step of the way. Light them up like Vegas. if the coach decides to take starters out to protect them (and thats the main reason why they do it) then so be it. Otherwise lets see a good ACC vs mid major conference football game here. WOO HOOO. BTW when it was happening to the pats back in the 80's-90's no one gave us a break so screw em

Last edited:

Exactly. Break out those game logs people. Show us a team that went for the jugular up 31 with 4 minutes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes