Verron Haynes...Patriots Want To Visit With Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I haven't looked for a link yet...I will now or perhaps someone has one.

Verron already visited the Titans and is scheduled for the 49'ers.

The Patriots want him to stop by.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06073/669976.stm

Small news but it's a human body...kind of small 222 to be a FB though?

Last edited:
Haynes was an excellent 3rd down back for the Steelers. He was great at picking up blitzers and could make the odd catch. He was an ok runner too.

He had injury problems throughout his career even though he was only a part-time player, so I don't really see him becoming a full-time RB or FB. He would be a great 3rd down guy or someone you could bring in any time you're forced to go to the shotgun.

madmike77 said:
Haynes was an excellent 3rd down back for the Steelers. He was great at picking up blitzers and could make the odd catch. He was an ok runner too.

He had injury problems throughout his career even though he was only a part-time player, so I don't really see him becoming a full-time RB or FB. He would be a great 3rd down guy or someone you could bring in any time you're forced to go to the shotgun.

Competition for Faulk and Pass then...hmmm.

More like a heavier Faulk??? I'm wondering why they'd want to being someone like him in with Faulk?? Or just another back to add to the mix....Just struck me as curious..

Pats726 said:
More like a heavier Faulk??? I'm wondering why they'd want to being someone like him in with Faulk?? Or just another back to add to the mix....Just struck me as curious..
Faulk and Pass were considered WR candidates early on, this just may be one of many options BB is exploring to get dependable players in specific roles....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back