Vernon Davis runs a 4.38!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
4.38 for a TE! He was already the #1 TE in the draft. Do you think he has just put himself in the top five of the draft? I can't see him lasting longer than the seventh pick or so.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9270956

FreeTedWilliams said:
4.38 for a TE! He was already the #1 TE in the draft. Do you think he has just put himself in the top five of the draft? I can't see him lasting longer than the seventh pick or so.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9270956

He just blew away the TE field in all measurables. Nobody was even hanging close to him. Very impressive.

Thats very impressive and brings up a question I would like to ask and that is
Whats the highest a Tight End has been taken in the draft.

broadwayjoe said:
Thats very impressive and brings up a question I would like to ask and that is
Whats the highest a Tight End has been taken in the draft.

KW2 went sixth I think. I don't recall anybody going higher that that.

dryheat44 said:

Thanks Dryheat for some reason I have already forgot about Kellen Winslow II and I would never make that statement about his dad.

Last edited:
What did Davis measure for height and weight?? He won't go in the top 10 if he's under 6'3.

It's discrimination, I know.

borisman said:
What did Davis measure for height and weight?? He won't go in the top 10 if he's under 6'3.

It's discrimination, I know.
6"3.5 and about 255.

drew4008 said:
6"3.5 and about 255.
Ahh, a Daniel Graham clone.

St. Louis must be drooling. I can see them being explosive again with this kid as long as the defense can get off the field.

borisman said:
Ahh, a Daniel Graham clone.

St. Louis must be drooling. I can see them being explosive again with this kid as long as the defense can get off the field.

What did Graham run the 40 in?

dryheat44 said:

(Switching to Postons mode)

"Hypothetically speaking, the New York Jets said that they would have drafted Kellen Winslow #1 overall if they had the #1 pick.

He's a soldier, the Chosen One!"

sieglo said:
What did Graham run the 40 in?
Graham ran a 4.65 or something.

I meant he's the same size as Graham(6'3 260). He's(Davis) just faster than 90% of the receivers in this years' draft.

Didnt Watson come close to a 4.40? He still lasted till late.

Daniel Graham ran a 4.48 according to CNNSI Draft! Watson ran a 4.4! While these aren't entirely accurate, I do recall in '02 people taking about how Graham did run a sub 4.5 40. Watson, as we all know, ran a 4.4 40.

Now with this Vernan Davis guy....We thought Watson is a freak, Davis is ridiculous. 4.38? Wow! If I'm the Rams, Packers (Remember how well Favre did with Chumura at TE.), Bills or Lions ( Wait, Davis would qualify as another reciever that the Lions took in the first round. Alright scratch that.) These teams should really take a look at this player. I think TE's are a little bit overlooked in today's NFL. If he can block, catch balls, and contribute on special teams, Davis could very well be more valuable then say a WR in this year's draft.

Alright, Davis will not last after the 15th pick at the most, and if he does, the Pats will take him with the 21st pick :)

fisticuffs said:
Daniel Graham ran a 4.48 according to CNNSI Draft! Watson ran a 4.4! While these aren't entirely accurate, I do recall in '02 people taking about how Graham did run a sub 4.5 40. Watson, as we all know, ran a 4.4 40.

Now with this Vernan Davis guy....We thought Watson is a freak, Davis is ridiculous. 4.38? Wow! If I'm the Rams, Packers (Remember how well Favre did with Chumura at TE.), Bills or Lions ( Wait, Davis would qualify as another reciever that the Lions took in the first round. Alright scratch that.) These teams should really take a look at this player. I think TE's are a little bit overlooked in today's NFL. If he can block, catch balls, and contribute on special teams, Davis could very well be more valuable then say a WR in this year's draft.

Alright, Davis will not last after the 15th pick at the most, and if he does, the Pats will take him with the 21st pick :)

We don't need no stinkin wide outs - we corner the market on tight ends!! Trip tight ends wide on 2...

Here are Watson's combines #'s from 2004 and Davis' from this year.

I was a huge fan of Watson prior to the combine but when Watson put up these #'s he catapulted to the top of my Pats wish list. It appears as though Davis has bettered Watson's freakish totals.

Watson

6-3 1/2, 258#
Wonderlic 41
40 - 4.50s
reps of 225#'s - 34
Cone - 7.38s
20 yd shuttle - 4.11s
broadjump - 10'3"
vertical - 35.5"

Davis

6-3 3/4, 254#
Wonderlic ?
40 - 4.38s
reps of 225#'s - 33
Cone - 7.00s
20 yd shuttle - 4.17s
broadjump - 10'8"
vertical - 42"

Bobs My Uncle said:
Here are Watson's combines #'s from 2004 and Davis' from this year.

I was a huge fan of Watson prior to the combine but when Watson put up these #'s he catapulted to the top of my Pats wish list. It appears as though Davis has bettered Watson's freakish totals.

Watson

6-3 1/2, 258#
Wonderlic 41
40 - 4.50s
reps of 225#'s - 34
Cone - 7.38s
20 yd shuttle - 4.11s
broadjump - 10'3"
vertical - 35.5"

Davis

6-3 3/4, 254#
Wonderlic ?
40 - 4.38s
reps of 225#'s - 33
Cone - 7.00s
20 yd shuttle - 4.17s
broadjump - 10'8"
vertical - 42"

i remember after we picked him someone compared his combine numbers to winslow's, and all but maybe one were better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back