PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vereen Breaks Wrist

HowardRoark

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
@JayGlazer: RB Shane Vereen broke a small bone in his wrist on 1st play yesterday, scheduled for surgery today. Out few weeks”

Per Jay Glazer.

Big blow to an offense that could be down Amendola for a while, as well as no Gronk, no proven weapons, and a fragile Edelman.

It's gonna be a long season for this offense.

Damn it! At least with the long layoffs after the Jets game, he might be back by Tampa or Atlanta. Sounds like it won't be a long recovery time.

98.5 said that its a small bone in his wrist. First play of the game. A couple of weeks will seem like a while.

Ridley gets out of the dog house I guess, and Leon Washington becomes active

he broke it on the first play?

he still played well, unless they are worried about something else breaking just put some dirt on it.

That friggin BLOWS. Imagine no Gronk, Amendola, or Vereen for this offense, oh well worst case scenario I think we could survive Jets/Bucs.

Apparently he did it on the first play he was in on and played the rest of the game with it. Having surgery today. Thank God they've got an extended layoff after Thursday's game then the Bucs in week three. Hope he's back soon. I'm assuming now that Washington will be active for the Jets game, too.

he broke it on the first play?

he still played well, unless they are worried about something else breaking just put some dirt on it.

It's like a lot of injuries... appears sore for a few hours, but then the swelling begins. Not smart to play with a fracture, especially after the healing has already started. That's how you mess it up permanently.

So he broke a bone on the first play and still turned in that performance?

Ouch this hurts. I think the Pats may want to bring Winn back. He looked good in the preseason

just bad bad luck for this offense. We need to hold on for a few weeks. Iam looking are our Defense with its loads of 1st rounders to turn it up and carry this team.

So he broke a bone on the first play and still turned in that performance?

vereen is a beast he'll be back though ready to kick ***... only positive news out of this is that it helps me out in fantasy since i picked up ridley.... almost thought about trading his fumbling behind....

least we have blount and bolden too who didn't get to shine because of his suspension last year but lets see what we can do thurs night

Have always wondered if there is a correlation between a long previous season and a higher rate of injuries the following year????

Not sure anyone has done a longitudinal study on this...

My respect level for Vereen just skyrocketed. What a performance with a broken bone.

Now, it's getting interesting. Vereen's out for an extended amount of time, Blount sucks, and Ridley can't hold onto the ball/is 1 dimensional.

Bolden, your chance is now. Prove what I saw in two TCs and the reg. season game vs. the Bills weren't flukes. :D

well, at least Sudfeld might be out too.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 25s
#Patriots banged up for #Jets: Shane Vereen broke a bone in his hand (per @JayGlazer), TE Zach Sudfeld's pulled hamstring puts him in doubt

Grrr.

Are we sure this is Vereen not Ridley? Broken bone in Ridley's wrist might explain the unforced fumbles.

just bad bad luck for this offense. We need to hold on for a few weeks. Iam looking are our Defense with its loads of 1st rounders to turn it up and carry this team.

1st rounders...defense...carry the team...heh,heh I got what you did there.

We're going to need a better blocking TE. Hooman sucks ass and I cannot fathom why he's still around. Fells?

well, at least Sudfeld might be out too.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 25s
#Patriots banged up for #Jets: Shane Vereen broke a bone in his hand (per @JayGlazer), TE Zach Sudfeld's pulled hamstring puts him in doubt

Grrr.

if it wasnt for leaks inside the pats , this wouldve not been known until wednesday. thanks to this, now the jets can 'plan' differently.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back