PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vereen and Woodhead added to injury report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just never liked the Vereen pick.I know its early.It just ticks me off with all these injuries to this team.Especially the hammy.

Vollmer's injuries kinda worries me if it's still his back. I got the impression those are problematic, difficult to heal, and easy to re-injure. Hope I'm wrong.

How did Vereen get hurt ? Celebrating his TD run ? He seemed fine in the last game.

Per tweets by Reiss and Christopher Price-

Vereen is limited with a hamstring
Woodhead is limited with an abdomen injury.

Spikes and Vollmer didn't participate and are not expected to play on Sunday.

A real non season for Mr. Woodhead ... hopefully his bad lucks is gone by playoff time.

18 players (in total) on the list today..

Vollmer and Spikes are almost assuredly out for the game.

The rest are a toss-up.

If Fletcher plays, then Spikes being out won't really bother me. At this point, either of them playing would be fantastic news.

Vollmer's injuries kinda worries me if it's still his back. I got the impression those are problematic, difficult to heal, and easy to re-injure. Hope I'm wrong.

I imagine his back is still bothering him quite a bit, but now it's his foot that is likely to keep him out a couple/few games.

This is part speculation on my part, and part media reports.

The wording was that it would likely keep Vollmer out "awhile," whatever that may mean...

I am sure that we'll get more news (or not) on his foot injury as the weeks go by, but as long as he's back for the playoffs they should be just fine.

More time for Solder and Cannon, who will possibly have to replace him on the line during those TE plays that we see, as he rarely if ever, goes from TE back to the line without sitting out a snap or two/series.

A real non season for Mr. Woodhead ... hopefully his bad lucks is gone by playoff time.

Aside from kickoff returns, I thought that Woodhead had been playing better in the past 2 games myself.

He certainly looked pretty lost and slow/sluggish out there up until the past couple of games. Hopefully, he's coming around now. He seemed to me that he had more of a burst and a move or two, when compared to his slump of recent games.

Obviously, I could be way off--but I felt as though he looked better lately.

I just never liked the Vereen pick.I know its early.It just ticks me off with all these injuries to this team.Especially the hammy.

What wasn't to like about the pick?

Everyone was pretty sure that we were taking at least one higher-pick RB, and Vereen was the binky of the position on this forum.

If anything, I would have expected you to question the choice of Ridley, not Vereen.

Cunningham will not be on the Pats 2012 roster.....my prediction

I absolutely HATED this pick and at this point,correctamundo

Vereen has shown burst when given a chance. didn't he just score a touchdown? Seems to show promise. I guess Faulk will start if Vereen and Woodhead are out.

Cunningham vs Dunlap. Well that's a real headscratcher for me. Is it as bad as Tate vs Wallace though? Can't get them all right.

So...more reasons to pass and pass vs the colts.

Cunningham vs Dunlap. Well that's a real headscratcher for me. Is it as bad as Tate vs Wallace though? Can't get them all right.

It's not on THAT level, VJC.

That's a whole other can of worms right there. But you're right, looking at them coming out of the NCAA's, it's not like it was night and day in regards to Tate vs Wallace.

Hell, for all we know, Wallace may have bombed here, and Tate may have been a burner in Pittsburgh.

Nah...;)

In all honesty, (and I don't really like to nit-pick draft strategies) I think Dunlap vs Cunningham was worse. Then again, BB obviously thought that Cunningham may have had more potential to add to this specific team.

So...more reasons to pass and pass vs the colts.

I think we may be pushing for balance in both phases from here on out, but you may be right.

We all know that BB and TFB like to attack the Colts, and this is a rare opportunity :rocker:

Vereen has shown burst when given a chance. didn't he just score a touchdown? Seems to show promise. I guess Faulk will start if Vereen and Woodhead are out.

Pretty sure BJGE will start whether or not Vereen and Woodhead are out.

Green-Ellis is our starter.

Vareen has gotten a few reps and is hardly critical to the team's rushing attack. If our 3rd down back (Woodhead) and Vareen are both out, Faulk will get more reps. I'm fine with Green-Ellis, Ridley and Faulk.

I'm much more concerned regarding the health of the defensive players: Spikes, Fletcher, McCourty and Chung.

People even bother to read a Patriots injury report?

I figure it the player is on IR then odds are he won't be playing. Otherwise being on the injury report doesn't mean he is hurt and not being on it doesn't mean he is not.

Anyone else realize how of late Stephen Riddley cannot get out of his own way? BGE looks so much faster than him...i thought it was suppose to be the other way around.:confused: Riddley is running more and more like a declining Antowain Smith.

I suggest that you review Green-Ellis in his first season, or even his second.

Anyone else realize how of late Stephen Riddley cannot get out of his own way? BGE looks so much faster than him...i thought it was suppose to be the other way around.:confused: Riddley is running more and more like a declining Antowain Smith.

Here, here...........

How dare these players get hurt.

Injuries are a part of the games. Probably using this as a pseudo "bye" week to get some guys dinged up back healthy again.

People even bother to read a Patriots injury report?

I figure it the player is on IR then odds are he won't be playing. Otherwise being on the injury report doesn't mean he is hurt and not being on it doesn't mean he is not.

Couldn't agree more. Don't people realize that EVERY WEEK since the injury report rules have been changed the Patriots have 5 to 10 more guys on the injury report than the opponent? It is simply BB taking advantage of a rule that he thinks is stupid--a guy sits out one drill and BB lists him as "limited". It can't be that the Patriots simply ALWAYS have more injuries than the opponent--it is just the way that they report the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back