PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ventrone's Play looked bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As much as I would love to believe this kid can make it...He looks completely lost and is just sort of wandering around on alot of plays. If you can't tear it up in NFLE than you likely won't make an NFL squad.

**** happens

The signing of Mel Mitchell should tell us all we need to know.

We now have Harrison (when healthy) and Wilson as starters. Hawkins as a backup CB/S and Sanders/Scott/Mitchell as backup Safeties. I forget how many Safeties we carry but that seems like a full load to me.

Last edited:
BB Fan - I honestly don't feel that Hawkins is a viable option at CB. Watching him struggle, mightly in the Denver game, when he was shifted over there, was worse than seeing Michael Stone lined up at SS.

DaBruinz said:
BB Fan - I honestly don't feel that Hawkins is a viable option at CB. Watching him struggle, mightly in the Denver game, when he was shifted over there, was worse than seeing Michael Stone lined up at SS.
LOL :) I really meant as a #6 CB, better than Troy Brown. We have Hobbs, Samuel, Starks, Poole, that's 4. If we sign Warfield (which is still on according to scout.com) that would be 5 and Hawkins would be a desperation #6.

BelichickFan said:
LOL :) I really meant as a #6 CB, better than Troy Brown. We have Hobbs, Samuel, Starks, Poole, that's 4. If we sign Warfield (which is still on according to scout.com) that would be 5 and Hawkins would be a desperation #6.
Umm.. BBFan, The Pats have Hobbs, Samuel, Gay, Poteat and C. Scott. Starks and Poole were released (wonders if you are sick or something for not remember that). I would still put Troy Brown out there at CB before Hawkins. In fact, I'd rather move Wilson over from the FS position and put Hawkins out there at Safety with Harrison than put Hawkins at CB.

Ouch, for the love of God, I can't believe I typed Starks :(

And Poole. What the hell. I'm paying too much attention to my fantasy baseball team as it's opening day.

OK, trying again . . .

Hobbs, Samuel, Gay and Scott is 4. Winfield would hopefully be 5. Still making Hawkins a desperation #6. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes