PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vegas puts Jerod Mayo at top 5 odds to win Def. Rookie of Yr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not care if he wins DROTY this year. Just as long as he lays some big hits out, stuffs the run, and does well in coverage (well, better than Seau and Bruschi did last year) then I will be satisfied. You can't really expect too much out of a rookie in New England's defensive system.

Nice that Vernon Ghoulston is rated with longer odds.

Nice that Vernon Ghoulston is rated with longer odds.

That might have something to do with the team he's on, along with the fact some are calling him overrated. We won't know anything for sure until the playing starts. But I do trust the Vegas odds guys more then I do the talking heads, the Vegas guys get paid for being right, if that was the case for the talking heads, most of them would be out of a job.

Vegas(bodog sports book) has put Jerod Mayo at 9/1 odds to win defensive rookie of the year, which is top 5. The guys ahead of him:

Chris Long: 7/1
Derrick Harvey: 8/1
Keith Rivers: 8/1
Glenn Dorsey: 7/1

https://www.bodoglife.com/sports-betting/football-player-props.jsp

Antoine Cason is my choice for DROTY - I just think he may be a surprise and possibly more ready for the pros than the ones mentioned - Just a hunch from what I have seen of him in his last year.

Antoine Cason is my choice for DROTY - I just think he may be a surprise and possibly more ready for the pros than the ones mentioned - Just a hunch from what I have seen of him in his last year.

Are you Fred Kirsch?

I really do not care if he wins DROTY this year. Just as long as he lays some big hits out, stuffs the run, and does well in coverage (well, better than Seau and Bruschi did last year) then I will be satisfied. You can't really expect too much out of a rookie in New England's defensive system.

I want him to care, I want him to be absolutely focused on winning that award. Nothing bad will come from focus like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back